RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Realism and hope (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113882-realism-hope.html)

Congy Red 3rd May 2019 06.31:06

Realism and hope

Nearly reached the playoff semis , defended well all season, gates increased. Ever since the club was Trust_run the finances have improved.

The improvement is too slow for EVERYONE.

wil 3rd May 2019 06.35:27

Re: Realism and hope

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2253947]Nearly reached the playoff semis , defended well all season, gates increased. Ever since the club was Trust_run the finances have improved.

The improvement is too slow for EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]

Have the gates increased in spite of what the club has done or because of it.
As for play off semis, woulda coulda shoulda, defended well 100% but needed to due to the crap shown from the 18 yd line forwards.
Is my post over reactive ? Yes
Is yours? Definately.

NedStarksGhost 3rd May 2019 06.39:03

Hi Spencer.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 3rd May 2019 06.53:07

Massive job this Summer, turning this team into one that can play football in the oppositions half, and at least look like they could score a goal....
And we have to do it with an amateur board, and a completely novice manager......

Interesting times ahead...

redinsaudi 3rd May 2019 06.54:11

Spencer nice post but you need to show some dignity and go old friend.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd May 2019 06.57:40

Nearly reached the playoff semis. Haha.

pagl 3rd May 2019 07.00:12

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2253947]Nearly reached the playoff semis , defended well all season, gates increased. Ever since the club was Trust_run the finances have improved.

The improvement should have happened 5 years ago. Slow isnt the word.
1 thing needed to change each and every transfer window but it didnt.

Big season of change this one. Dont expect finances to improve this time.
Big reduction in average crowd pending and therefore less to spend.

Major January fk up come home to bite us.

Prodigal Dragon 3rd May 2019 07.09:57

[QUOTE=pagl;2253973]The improvement should have happened 5 years ago. Slow isnt the word.
1 thing needed to change each and every transfer window but it didnt.

Big season of change this one. Dont expect finances to improve this time.
Big reduction in average crowd pending and therefore less to spend.

Major January fk up come home to bite us.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I tend to agree. The events around December and January compounded all the mistakes we have made since before we were relegated 11 or 12 years ago.

The fans need and want better, otherwise the fan base will reduce, thus worsening our predicament. Some big decisions need to be made ASAP, and we cannot afford to get too many wrong!

Enjoy the summer, and hope you are better soon! As poor as the football is, it is better to be around to see it!:)

Percy Sugden 3rd May 2019 07.10:21

Surely the wage cap now needs uplifting. We can’t carry on wasting cash on average forward after average forward, just to satisfy a certain persons criteria.

Rob 3rd May 2019 07.37:03

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2253947]Nearly reached the playoff semis [/QUOTE]

Play offs should be an absolute minimum requirement for us, and we got there, but were abject and got done by Eastleigh.

That is realism.

The hope is things are not ignored and swept under the carpet but lessons from this season are discovered to be learned, and it has an impact on next.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 07.43:54

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2253966]Spencer nice post but you need to show some dignity and go old friend.[/QUOTE]

Congy Red is not Spencer Harris.
I'm not a SH fan but give the bloke some credit.

aussiejackoinsaudi 3rd May 2019 08.46:28

Think you might be living in la la land. You are on the brink of losing a lot of goodwill.

chef1 3rd May 2019 09.00:36

Played the most depressing football for years the club is ran by a clueless clique who squander money on garbage signings and try to cover every gaff they make by saying we’re volunteers we try our best . Sacktheboard

Answer Release 3rd May 2019 09.02:58

Haha! Weekday drinking old boy?

Attendances will drop off next season, the board have dropped a real clanger with their management this season.

We've been in a managed decline on the playing side for years, there's only so long fans will support this. I for one will not be returning unless substantial changes are made. Very sad but I feel as detached from MY club now as I ever have.

sparky 3rd May 2019 09.13:10

Pretty sure we will be starting next season in the conference, again. Our first team squad is pretty much worthless, we have no youth system and we have just endured (not enjoyed) another season of anti football that Brian Little would be ashamed of, that has resulted in failure. Saying we have defended well in this league is bit like me saying my barber is fantastic when he gives me a number one all over later on.

Credit where credit is due for the crowds, but I'm struggling with everything else.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.46:05.