Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 18.26:34   #100-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Farringdon is the most consistent play in the squad but he doesn’t play in an attacking position, Rutherford’s contribution is dreadful
Not sure if Ruthers will be kept on but we'll just have to agree to differ, I think Ruthers has contributed greatly over the last 2 seasons and our squad next season maybe stronger with him than without him.
Old 4th May 2019, 18.29:41   #101-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
How many goals did Rutherford score ?
How many assists or specifically assists against top half sides ?
Look at his stats and they do not lie.If we are serious about going for the playoffs we need better.
We did finish 4th but could so easily have been 10th or 11 th given the number of 1-0s got away with.
And we could have finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd just as easily.
Old 4th May 2019, 18.42:03   #102-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Ultimately all depends on the style of play Hughes wants us playing going forward. If we are going to stick to the style of play of this season then you won't need many changes. The players have trained a season already in this style and should be able to execute it better next year. So we would be looking at adding better quality to the starting 11 and releasing some of the fringe players.

What I would like to see come in is:

- 2 wide players with pace (either at wing back or wide midfield)
- a striker with pace
- a midfielder who can control a game
Old 4th May 2019, 19.08:58   #103-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Bearing in mind we didn't get promotion and as this was the main goal, changes are required.
We are not a million miles away but the natural evolution of a team means change is inevitable

So my retained list to get us over the line is

Lainton / Dibble

Pearson / Kennedy / Lawlor / Jennings / new better RB (I don't dislike Roberts btw)

Carrington - he's a utility player filling a number of roles and doing a blydi good job at it and as such MC would always be my No1 pick

Wright / Young / Rutherford / we need people to deliver in the engine room and as much as our forward line has failed to deliver, we have been overrun in midfield on a number of occasions.

Fondop / Oswell

Our inability to score on Thursday owed much to no-one to put the ball into the dangerous areas. Rutherford is better out wide than in the centre.

Tharme/Sargeant/Thorn/Beaumont will all come good and should be developed in the coming season. I trust BF to do this.

Our season transformed with the arrival of Walker but we also lost it when he got injured.

As stated, we are not a million miles away from being a top two team. We need some decent additions, players who could get into a League 2 team and we will be up there again.

Been down in the dumps for a couple of days but I have faith in those running the club and the team.
The WAFC supporters Facebook page has been full of bile since Thursday night but I remembered Arfon Griffiths saying in the desperate post season review some years ago that we hadn't become a bad team overnight and it is still true. A few tweaks, especially in the midfield/striker department should do the trick.
Come on heads up, we go again!
I'll be sending details of how to sponsor players again for next season very soon.
Old 4th May 2019, 19.09:34   #104-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
That will be the biggest indicator to me of the reality of how the proverbial dressing room is.
I think Pearson will stay.He's recently bought a new house and he's settled in the area
Old 4th May 2019, 19.25:16   #105-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @froomielol

I'd sign the following:

1 right back (More of a wing back)
2 creative midfield players
3 wingers - Ben Tollitt?
2 centre forwards along with Oswell

Keep Lainton, Dibble, Carrington, Jennings, Pearson, Kennedy, Lawlor, Tharme, Young, Wright (sub option), Sargent, Thorn and Oswell.

Would love to have Walker back, but that's not happening

Get rid of Simpson, Roberts, Rutherford, Deverdics, Summerfield, Holroyd, Grant, Beavon, Mcglashan, Agustien, Fondop (transfer list), Manny (Unlucky), Leo Smith, Stockton and Spyrou.

Should free up more than enough wages to get the players we want.
Old 4th May 2019, 21.16:51   #106-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
And Lawlor and Pearson.
Unfortunately I don’t think Pearson will be here next season

Sizeable bid from Salford allegedly

We should be moving mountains to try and keep him in my opinion as he would be very hard to replace and what sort of message does that send to the rest !!!
Old 4th May 2019, 21.41:37   #107-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

BH seemed very keen on Grant. Can see him offering Grant a deal. I would fear for us if this happened
Old 4th May 2019, 22.04:22   #108-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
BH seemed very keen on Grant. Can see him offering Grant a deal. I would fear for us if this happened
Already there.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.16:11.