Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 22.22:15   #109-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list

I understand the not changing to many players because we finished 4th, but that's where we went wrong when we lost at Wembley to Newport, we ended up with broken players who couldn't do it again.

For me yes we finished 4th but central defence and goalkeeper apart the rest are dispensable

Keep Young who is under contract, let Summerfield, Wright and all the forwards go including Oswell a National North quality player

Fullbacks keep Jennings if the budget wont stretch to replace him keep Carrington and the good young lads like Sargent Tharme and Thorne.

To sum up release.

Wright
Roberts,
Deverdics
Fondop
Rutherford
Oswell
Holroyd
Beavon
Summerfield
Grant
Smith (not Manny if he recovers)
All the loans and maybe offer Augustien a 12 month deal

Probably missed some out.
And set up with the formation Saunders used with 3 forwards with pace who can score add some muscle and height to the midfield and forward line a younger Danny Wright type.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th May 2019, 22.33:22   #110-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I understand the not changing to many players because we finished 4th, but that's where we went wrong when we lost at Wembley to Newport, we ended up with broken players who couldn't do it again.

For me yes we finished 4th but central defence and goalkeeper apart the rest are dispensable

Keep Young who is under contract, let Summerfield, Wright and all the forwards go including Oswell a National North quality player

Fullbacks keep Jennings if the budget wont stretch to replace him keep Carrington and the good young lads like Sargent Tharme and Thorne.

To sum up release.

Wright
Roberts,
Deverdics
Fondop
Rutherford
Oswell
Holroyd
Beavon
Summerfield
Grant
Smith (not Manny if he recovers)
All the loans and maybe offer Augustien a 12 month deal

Probably missed some out.
And set up with the formation Saunders used with 3 forwards with pace who can score add some muscle and height to the midfield and forward line a younger Danny Wright type.
Posted via mobile theme
Pretty close to what I'd like to see.
Oswell when fully fit might be able to fill the Danny Wright role. He is mobile and decent in the air, not easily knocked off the ball and can be aggressive.
Remember - It took Saunders 3 years and a load of money to put that side together. If Hughes follows that theme I'd be very happy.
Old 4th May 2019, 22.39:57   #111-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Oswell when fully fit might be able to fill the Danny Wright role. He is mobile and decent in the air, not easily knocked off the ball and can be aggressive.
Remember - It took Saunders 3 years and a load of money to put that side together. If Hughes follows that theme I'd be very happy.

Yes maybe I'm being a bit hard on Oswell he may just need a good pre season but either way playing with one isolated forward like Beavon was is no good when the midfield and forwards lack pace.

Yes I know Saunders took awhile and a lot of money but his eventual formation and side did come good, but even when they didn't we were at least entertained this last 2.5 seasons has been real purgatory and anti football.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th May 2019, 22.40:57   #112-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Not a chance we're releasing Oswell we paid good money for him in January. All the other forwards/wingers can go in my opinion. I'd keep the midfield but replace Walker with a number 10 and then get rid of one out of Kennedy or Manny and then release Roberts. I'd keep Carrington he's a good squad player and he'll sign a contract with the money he's got behind him. All loanees can go back, but sign Tollitt on a permanent.
Old 5th May 2019, 01.11:47   #113-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
After watching Oswell a few times he is nothing like a danny wright type of player,never seen Oswell hold the ball up like wright does he is to lightweight,wright holds the ball up and brings other players into the game,not sure what Oswell does.
Old 5th May 2019, 08.39:44   #114-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
So you would be very happy with BH if he is here 3 years and we don't get promoted ?.
Old 5th May 2019, 09.34:09   #115-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Three more years of what is currently being served up will kill the club.
Old 5th May 2019, 09.43:39   #116-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
So you would be very happy with BH if he is here 3 years and we don't get promoted ?.
Yeah squad needs time to ‘gel’
Old 5th May 2019, 10.09:16   #117-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: yale, ex-kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjack View Post
Agree with most but I would be tempted to keep agustien get him fit over the summer I think he could be a quality midfielder at this level
And Rutherford as a squad filler
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.46:46.