Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th May 2019, 10.17:28   #118-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Holroyd,Roberts and Rutherford have done nothing this season to deserve new deals.They are bottom half conference or conf north players.
Yep time to move them on. Why 2 of them started the other night I don't know And rutherfords shot in extra-time says exactly why he should be shown the door. Can't fault his effort but has no quality whatsoever.
Old 5th May 2019, 10.18:50   #119-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenrun View Post
And Rutherford as a squad filler
We say this every season and he ends up starting 40 odd matches. I like the fella but he’s got to go.
Old 5th May 2019, 11.19:46   #120-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

I would really like to see Oswell produce the goods next season. I know he has his critics but so did Boden and look what happened to him. It's not always the player but the system.

On many occasions our forwards are up alone with support coming late and they are blocked out by organised defences. We need the players that will change the system into a more attacking one. Perhaps with a couple of decent players up front our end of season may have been more fruitful. Certainly is a game of ifs.
Old 5th May 2019, 11.24:13   #121-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
So you would be very happy with BH if he is here 3 years and we don't get promoted ?.
As we have seen for the last 12 years, promotion isn't a right, it has to be earned. Never happy to stay where we are.
We have a reasonable if limited budget, enhanced by a superb fan base a reasonably successful commercial management and some great sponsors.
It is difficult to predict when or if we will get promoted, I keep hoping it's the season we're playing but I've hoped for that for 60 years and we've only had around 5 successes in that respect.

A change and improvement in the product would be my preference but some prefer to win ugly. I like to see a football side, one that can pass, move, score goals and excite the crowd. The football over the last 5 years has been pretty dismal in that respect.
Old 5th May 2019, 11.35:02   #122-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixierob View Post
I would really like to see Oswell produce the goods next season. I know he has his critics but so did Boden and look what happened to him. It's not always the player but the system.

On many occasions our forwards are up alone with support coming late and they are blocked out by organised defences. We need the players that will change the system into a more attacking one. Perhaps with a couple of decent players up front our end of season may have been more fruitful. Certainly is a game of ifs.
Hopefully his hernia problem will be sorted quickly and he gets a good pre-season with a few pacy strikers creating some real competition and variation, up top next term.
Old 5th May 2019, 11.39:27   #123-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Hopefully his hernia problem will be sorted quickly and he gets a good pre-season with a few pacy strikers creating some real competition and variation, up top next term.
He (Oswell) doesn’t have a hernia or any other injury, just wasn’t being started often.
Old 5th May 2019, 12.02:52   #124-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
He (Oswell) doesn’t have a hernia or any other injury, just wasn’t being started often.
Not according to his fellow strike at Morecombe.
Old 5th May 2019, 12.12:48   #125-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Not according to his fellow strike at Morecombe.
Can’t speak for anytime at previous team but not been carrying any injury here.
Old 5th May 2019, 12.24:24   #126-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
Can’t speak for anytime at previous team but not been carrying any injury here.
He's been troubled with it all season and probably needs an operation.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.16:49.