RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Retained list (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113887-retained-list.html)

Iesty 3rd May 2019 11.22:27

Re: Retained list

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2254142]Can we do better than James Jennings?[/QUOTE]

this is the issue

but his aimless diagonal punts into Beavon or a channel no one was running last night were frustrating to say the least

redavid 3rd May 2019 11.25:14

[QUOTE=Iesty;2254092]Kennedy is a must to resign, Manny has been injured for a large portion of this season and hasn't been missed. Tharme would also be good cover so should offer him a deal.

Roberts and Jennings can both go

midfield and forward line needs an overhaul. i would be happy as Oswell leading the line with a proper pre-season as long as he has support on the wings[/QUOTE]

Jennings ? The best crosser of a ball we have !!! very decent at this level .

benwilliams 3rd May 2019 11.32:44

[QUOTE=stanvax;2254168]Putting my tin hat on - I don't really get the downer on Rutherford - after he came on last night we were much much better- seemed to be the only player prepared to run at them.

His production in terms of assists over the course of the season is not great, but much of the blame for that must lie at the feet of the strikers, the quality of which has been shocking and our overly defensive set up.

Personally I would keep him, but I know I'm in a minority[/QUOTE]

I thought he did ok last night too and generally has been ok all season but the problem is he is all effort no quality and that just wint cut it anymore. Plus age isnt his friend

Quay Red 3rd May 2019 11.44:54

[QUOTE=redavid;2254171]Jennings ? The best crosser of a ball we have !!! very decent at this level .[/QUOTE]

Sadly you may be right. Doesn't mean he should be kept. We need better.
Grant actually put better crosses in last night than Jennings.

Biggest concern for me was when Barrow brought in additional forwards on loan and basically stated that he wasn't looking for midfielders.

The way we play, I realise that midfield is pretty much redundant but Summerfield isn't up to the job or Akil Wright.
A decent leader could change the team at a stroke by bossing the midfield and getting some movement through the side.
We lack creativity and pace in vital areas, goalscorers have little chance in our side due to the lethargic build up which gives opposition defences time to reorganise. Even Eastleighs lumbering lump of a CH looked comfortable as he dealt fairly easily with long punts.
Full backs. We need players who can use both feet and not just for standing on.
I really hope that Bryan Hughes puts his own stamp on acquisitions and is fully backed by the club. We don't play chess (apart from RP fans) and systems can be countered. Running isn't the only answer. Lets have some Skill, creativity and Goals next season.

WREX01 3rd May 2019 11.47:36

Need to be ruthless :

Lainton - New 2yr
Dibble - contracted

New RB
Carrington - New 1yr

Pearson- contracted
Lawlor- contracted
Kennedy - New 2 yr
Smith- New 1yr
Tharme - New 1yr

Jennings - New 1yr

Young - contracted
New CM
New CM
New CM
Wright - transfer list
Deverdics- release
Grant- release
Rutherford- release
Summerfield- release
Augustien - give trial over the summer

Holroyd- release
Beavon- send back
Fondop- transfer list
Oswell- contracted
Mcglashan- send back
Stockton- send back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Gwersyllt-Robin 3rd May 2019 11.48:49

[QUOTE=stanvax;2254168]Putting my tin hat on - I don't really get the downer on Rutherford - after he came on last night we were much much better- seemed to be the only player prepared to run at them.

His production in terms of assists over the course of the season is not great, but much of the blame for that must lie at the feet of the strikers, the quality of which has been shocking and our overly defensive set up.

Personally I would keep him, but I know I'm in a minority[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one, think his title of 'scapegoat' means everything positive he does is overlooked, wrongly slandered by the loud ones.

Haruki 3rd May 2019 11.50:31

[QUOTE=WREX01;2254186]Need to be ruthless :

Lainton - New 2yr
Dibble - contracted

New RB
Carrington - New 1yr

Pearson- contracted
Lawlor- contracted
Kennedy - New 2 yr
Smith- New 1yr
Tharme - New 1yr

Jennings - New 1yr

Young - contracted
New CM
New CM
New CM
Wright - transfer list
Deverdics- release
Grant- release
Rutherford- release
Summerfield- release
Augustien - give trial over the summer

Holroyd- release
Beavon- send back
Fondop- transfer list
Oswell- contracted
Mcglashan- send back
Stockton- send back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not sure our budget should be used to fund 5 Centre Backs

LlayDragon 3rd May 2019 11.55:38

[QUOTE=Haruki;2254191]Not sure our budget should be used to fund 5 Centre Backs[/QUOTE]

Indeed, also don't see how that is being ruthless.

Being ruthless would be keeping Pearson and Lawlor, with Tharme for cover. If injuries start building bring cover loans in.

wrexhamforever16 3rd May 2019 11.57:26

Keep:
Lainton
Dibble(I imagine he is cheap so ideal sub)
Pearson (sadly see him leaving)
Lawlor
Kennedy
Carra (Squad filler)
Young
Akil (Bench player)
Rutherford (Squad filler, can be affective off bench. Looked better when he came on last night)

Everyone else can go, Jennings must be on a decent wedge here and I really do think we can get better. A strong and pact full backs is what we need. That'll help the supply in to the strikers.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.37:25.