RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Retained list (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113887-retained-list.html)

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 11.58:35

Re: Retained list

[QUOTE=Gwersyllt-Robin;2254188]I'm with you on this one, think his title of 'scapegoat' means everything positive he does is overlooked, wrongly slandered by the loud ones.[/QUOTE]

If you can point me in the direction of one post that blames Rutherford for a defeat or for last night then you'll have a point. He supposed to assist and scores goals and does neither anywhere near often enough.

Its simply the fact he isn't good enough, but if you can't see that by now you probably never will.

What I will say is that he always gives his all regardless and at least he cares and tries his best, sadly though that isn't enough.

redavid 3rd May 2019 11.59:37

[QUOTE=Iesty;2254170]this is the issue

but his aimless diagonal punts into Beavon or a channel no one was running last night were frustrating to say the least[/QUOTE]

Well don't you think they should make themselves available ? aimless punts ?
what is the Lad supposed to do if he passes back because no one is making runs hes wrong again , I think you are blaming the wrong player.

WREX01 3rd May 2019 11.59:49

[QUOTE=Haruki;2254191]Not sure our budget should be used to fund 5 Centre Backs[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree , the player I’d sacrifice is Manny but it seems that his deal was sorted pre injury.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WREX01 3rd May 2019 12.01:51

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2254196]Indeed, also don't see how that is being ruthless.

Being ruthless would be keeping Pearson and Lawlor, with Tharme for cover. If injuries start building bring cover loans in.[/QUOTE]

Well it’s a lot more ruthless than I expect Yozzer to be. I expect him to keep Roberts, Rutherford, Wright, Holroyd
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 3rd May 2019 12.03:26

[QUOTE=WREX01;2254206]Well it’s a lot more ruthless than I expect Yozzer to be. I expect him to keep Roberts, Rutherford, Wright, Holroyd
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I do too, which equals another bust season.

OneLoveWrexham 3rd May 2019 12.04:37

[QUOTE=WREX01;2254206]Well it’s a lot more ruthless than I expect Yozzer to be. I expect him to keep Roberts, Rutherford, Wright, Holroyd
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
He’ll keep Wright but no chance will he keep Roberts, Rutherford and Holroyd they’ve consistently been poor all season.

redavid 3rd May 2019 12.15:36

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2254182]Sadly you may be right. Doesn't mean he should be kept. We need better.
Grant actually put better crosses in last night than Jennings.

Biggest concern for me was when Barrow brought in additional forwards on loan and basically stated that he wasn't looking for midfielders.

The way we play, I realise that midfield is pretty much redundant but Summerfield isn't up to the job or Akil Wright.
A decent leader could change the team at a stroke by bossing the midfield and getting some movement through the side.
We lack creativity and pace in vital areas, goalscorers have little chance in our side due to the lethargic build up which gives opposition defences time to reorganise. Even Eastleighs lumbering lump of a CH looked comfortable as he dealt fairly easily with long punts.
Full backs. We need players who can use both feet and not just for standing on.
I really hope that Bryan Hughes puts his own stamp on acquisitions and is fully backed by the club. We don't play chess (apart from RP fans) and systems can be countered. Running isn't the only answer. Lets have some Skill, creativity and Goals next season.[/QUOTE]

A lot of good points , But , I feel as though the defence is good enough , take out Roberts , so with that in mind spending more on midfield and forwards would improve us immensely ,half the time the defenders are doing more defending because in front of them those players cant keep the ball, You defend from the front , As for Summerfield he looked really good when he first came in , then he had a shaky spell then got injured, and hasn't really looked the same .

redavid 3rd May 2019 12.17:30

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254209]He’ll keep Wright but no chance will he keep Roberts, Rutherford and Holroyd they’ve consistently been poor all season.[/QUOTE]

Holroyed was MOM last night !!! :drool5: LOL

EnglishRed 3rd May 2019 12.25:33

[QUOTE=flintshirefan;2254073]From what I can gather

Contracted

Pearson
Wright
Lawlor
Oswell
Young
Dibble
Fondop

Offer deals to

Jennings
Lainton (probably leave)
Carrington
Kennedy/Smith (one or the other )

First year pros

Sargent
Thorn
Beaumont

This would leave us needing

1 x right back
2x centre mid
2 x wingers
2 x forwards (who score goals ) haha

Add to that a new assistant manager and first team coach replacing Flynn and Darlington[/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with all that. I'd be keeping Kennedy over Smith. Summerfield I'd consider offering another year to subject to fitness.

We need a right back who offers an attacking dimension. A replacement for Walker and ideally a more creative midfield outlet too. The attacker need a complete overhaul. I think Oswell might be able to offer something. Fondop will probably go but if he doesn't we need to start utilising his strengths. Tollitt would be a good starting point too, players who are quick and direct.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.06:29.