Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 07.08:38   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Massive change needed.

There is nothing wrong with going for the 49% private ownership model with fans trust still having the majority of 51% to protect ourselves. This model took Swansea ftom L2 to the Premiership.I find it astounding for a club this size that none of the club board directors have put any sort of money into the club.
Old 4th May 2019, 07.11:25   #110-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
New manager, new board, an owner who can back the manager with decent resources.

Then promotion.

Back in reality, it will be the same stuff all over again next season.
Where do you honestly think this sugar daddy is going to come from, not having a go just interested

We have a manager that inherited this squad not his own so imho deserves a chance to build his own team

Would you stand to be appointed to the board ?
Old 4th May 2019, 07.29:40   #111-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
In reality, you have one lot who want private ownership because of this idea they’ll pump ridiculous amounts of money into the club. But on the other hand, you have another lot who are mindful that there hasn’t been any genuine interest in the club so someone has to take it forward.

For those who want private owners, would the capital they put in be gifts or loans?

Are our problems related to the lack of money the Trust have or those that are presently sat on the Trust board?
In an ideal world, we would have a benign, multi-millionaire, who is a genuine Wrexham fan, and who genuinely wants to take the club forward. Do they exist? I doubt it; but if they did, would the acts of the DJs put them off? After all, who wants all that hassle?

The most likely scenario is continuation of the WST model. Unfortunately, whilst that ensures prudence, it doesn't seem to be able to generate the funds to compete against the likes of Orient and Salford etc.

The Board's collective brainfart since Ricketts walked has lost them a great deal of credibility. That will take an age to recover, if at all. Meantime, will BH stay in post? And will he be given the free-rein and resources to build his team. Only then will we know if he is a good appointment.

Meantime, how will the vast majority of fans react to this disappointing season? Without our support there is no Wrexham AFC. Interesting and worrying times unless the Board and BH get it right this time around.

PS I appreciate this has been said numerous times before, but fans' patience is now stretched to breaking point.
Old 4th May 2019, 07.48:09   #112-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

I must just say of no relevance really but if I had money and was looking for a club to support I wouldn't deal with our present prominent Board members , you know who i mean . I wouldn't trust them for a minute , they run things completely opposite to what they should be doing , they act like they own it and no one else will influence the running or decision making of the club . It's quite possible this is entirely their aim , in fact i'm convinced it is now . So wrong and sad .
Old 4th May 2019, 08.10:50   #113-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
I must just say of no relevance really but if I had money and was looking for a club to support I wouldn't deal with our present prominent Board members , you know who i mean . I wouldn't trust them for a minute , they run things completely opposite to what they should be doing , they act like they own it and no one else will influence the running or decision making of the club . It's quite possible this is entirely their aim , in fact i'm convinced it is now . So wrong and sad .
If a majority of WST members think this is so -- and we can be asked to do something about it -- we need to raise it at the forthcoming Annual WST General Meeting and demand change. Whilst we have given our authority to the WST to run things on our behalf, we can take that authority away.

However... Is what we perceive to be true actually correct? A knee-jerk reaction from a state of pique could be counterproductive. Regardless of the politics and effectiveness of the Board, my gripe is that the quality of football is unacceptable. It is dour, unimaginative and unsuccessful. If we are to be consigned to this hell forever, lets at least try to play attacking football with some goals.
Old 4th May 2019, 10.00:53   #114-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by weper red View Post
Where do you honestly think this sugar daddy is going to come from, not having a go just interested

We have a manager that inherited this squad not his own so imho deserves a chance to build his own team

Would you stand to be appointed to the board ?
I'm interested as well. Fed up of reading the copy and paste comments. To those demanding change, what are you actually doing about it? Like Weper, not having a go. Genuinely interested.
Old 4th May 2019, 10.18:20   #115-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
I'm interested as well. Fed up of reading the copy and paste comments. To those demanding change, what are you actually doing about it? Like Weper, not having a go. Genuinely interested.
You seem to be arguing against change? I See it more as fans arguing for success rather than consistent failure which is what we have been doing for the last 7 or 8 years. The Board need to be accountable for their mistakes as would happen in any walks of life.. The problem is the Board is unelected so we fans can do very little which is ridiculous for a so called fans owned club
Old 4th May 2019, 10.38:13   #116-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
You seem to be arguing against change? I See it more as fans arguing for success rather than consistent failure which is what we have been doing for the last 7 or 8 years. The Board need to be accountable for their mistakes as would happen in any walks of life.. The problem is the Board is unelected so we fans can do very little which is ridiculous for a so called fans owned club
Not arguing against anything. I'm reading lots of quite venomous posts on here, some of them personal, but what are those people actually doing about it? There was a time when Wrexham fans were so angry about the club's ownership model, they got away from their keyboards and did something about it. The point I think I'm trying to make is, if people demanding change do nothing beyond posting on RP, absolutely nothing will change.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.03:11   #117-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

The board know the strength of feeling amongst some posters on here. They use/read this forum from past comments made.
Don Bircham and Barry Horne have both stood down in recent years but the perception is that nothing has changed. Why is that? Are the new board members too weak?
I have no idea how the board agree on decisions. Do they all have a vote on an issue or is there a chief honcho who decides?
Will wholesale changes of the board make any difference?
The one thing that is clear, more transparency and explanations of key decisions such as managerial decisions is required.
To any board members on here, that is reasonable I would say.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.55:50.