Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 11.10:51   #118-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
There is nothing wrong with going for the 49% private ownership model with fans trust still having the majority of 51% to protect ourselves. This model took Swansea ftom L2 to the Premiership.I find it astounding for a club this size that none of the club board directors have put any sort of money into the club.

Exactly my thoughts of how it should be because even those with rose coloured specs should be able to see we can't carry on living hand too mouth and expect to get promotion.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th May 2019, 11.11:14   #119-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Massive change needed.

In no particular order I would love to see some or all of the following.
WST board to continue but with more transparency. On the whole I think they do a good job.
Total revamp of the football club board. Too many on there with little or no experience of football and how a club should be run. Areal effort made to attract people who have at least some knowledge of how a club should be run.
A big push in the development of a youth programme at the club with the long term goal to produce players for the team or sell on. Try to fund this by making it attractive for investors. If players are sold on then they get a set percentage of the fee. A coaching and scouting system that is looking to pick up the best North and Mid Wales players as well as Shropshire, Cheshire, Merseyside .
Remove present management / coaching team and replace with team who buy into the philosophy of developing youth and playing attractive football. Can anyone please clarify why Darlington is so highly thought of. What exactly does he have on his CV re coaching teams and being successful? Hughes was an abject failure at Scarborough so how on earth did he get the job?
Supporters deserve better in all areas that the club is involved. Please those in power wake up to your shortcomings and try to remedy a few things. The patience of supporters is being severely tested.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.12:22   #120-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Don't take for granted for one second that Red Passion is an accurate representation of fans' views. From past experience, I can tell you that the vast majority of Wrexham fans are uninformed about club matters beyond what happens on the pitch.

If those demanding change feel so strongly about it, then step one is to raise awareness amongst the thousands of fans beyond RP of what they think the problems are.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.26:41   #121-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

So on the other hand we dont seek additional investment and it all carries on with the status quo. Next season will crowds hold up at over 5,000, will there be any transfer windfalls or will we have another cup run.
The WST have managed the finances well although they have been in a fortunate position of the money coming in.

Going forward how are the WST growing the club, how are they increasing membership and what strategies are being implemented?
What are the football board doing to improve things, how will they improve communications and how are they going to better engage with fans?

The WST have been elected so they will have to start to deliver something as I think a lot of goodwill has been lost after Jan. A mid-table team isnt going to inspire anyone and the bench mark is the play offs.

Last edited by pagl; 4th May 2019 at 11.27:53..
Old 4th May 2019, 11.39:01   #122-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
So on the other hand we dont seek additional investment and it all carries on with the status quo. Next season will crowds hold up at over 5,000, will there be any transfer windfalls or will we have another cup run.
The WST have managed the finances well although they have been in a fortunate position of the money coming in.

Going forward how are the WST growing the club, how are they increasing membership and what strategies are being implemented?
What are the football board doing to improve things, how will they improve communications and how are they going to better engage with fans?

The WST have been elected so they will have to start to deliver something as I think a lot of goodwill has been lost after Jan. A mid-table team isnt going to inspire anyone and the bench mark is the play offs.
Understand your concerns about membership but this in itself is nowhere near enough to generate the additional funds required.
Even 5000 extra Adult members would only get one half decent player. Currently we have half our supporters that are not football club members.
How do we get those on board?
The WST have managed in general terms to increase the sponsorships, advertising, hospitality, use of function rooms and increased match day catering and bar facilities. These things don't happen overnight and some credit should be given for the efforts of a few members.
There is more to do and we all have a part to play in supporting the club.

As for the FC board. I believe that communication is a real problem. I would hope that board members would cease to post on social media as individuals. Any post on the facebook page should be from the club as a whole and responses should be concise and considered.
I have advocated a board spokesman to post information that is factual and relevant rather than some of the spin we get. KISS comes to mind.

Last edited by Quay Red; 4th May 2019 at 11.47:24..
Old 4th May 2019, 11.41:03   #123-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

What change(s) do people want?

It seems for me it's change for change sake, as we are all extremely gutted we haven't won promotion.

Many are looking for blame and a fall guy that we didn't ultimately get over the line.
Who's fault is it; the players, Ricketts, Barrow, Hughes, Darlington, Harris or the Board??

For me the club has gone through more than enough change and it's the lack of stability and consistency (numerous managers, short term player contracts and limited youth progression) that has held us back. A lot of that has been down to circumstances but the club in my opinion has tried to get back on track, certainly with contracts.

In my opinion the club has continued to get stronger off the pitch and should bold well for improving our chances on the pitch on top of the advances we have shown over the last 2 years.

Our history will show on the very few occasions we have won promotion, it's been when the club has a had stability, the manager has had time to build and build on squad that were not that far off in the previous campaign. There's absolutely no point, being too radical at this stage, unless we suddenly get a huge financial uplift and we can afford to replace a large number of good players (top 4) with extra quality players (football league standard).

My advice is we stick with BH, BF & CD and the club give them enough funds to keep our better players who maybe tempted elsewhere and bring in 3 or 4 players with proven pedigree at our level or above and maybe 2 or 3 up and coming highly rated prospects.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.45:26   #124-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Posting in here about your concerns is like pi$$ing in the wind.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.46:57   #125-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

My personal opinion which has never changed is you cannot run a successful football club with unpaid volunteers..... Those who do it have my full admiration and that's from the ground up the shop up to board level it's a thankless task.

But having said that like in any business or job mistakes will happen they would not be human if they didn't make mistakes.

But this is where this falls down those at the top are accountable to nobody in reality they never show any humility, have not got the decency to apologise for their mistakes and that's what gets a lot of fans backs up.

Also those at the top yes they are ardent fans to, nobody can question that but this is also part of the problem.

They like most of us fans remember the good old days and all have certain players we liked a lot but this is what is clouding those at the tops judgement on the playing side (nobody I'm aware of criticises the job they do off the field)

When I say cloud's their judgement I will explain first of all after Saunders we had Morrell ex player well loved, then we did change for awhile went for a part time car salesman and manager successful at Nuneaton, then allowed the clique player wise in the club to rule because they didn't respect him Keates being one of them, Ashton etc so when it went tits up at Wembley they sacked him as his lack of experience showed.

They stuck with a non Wrexham connection and went for Mills probably without checking why he had managed so many non league clubs with hardly any success except one season at York in the play-offs lottery finishing something like 15 points off top. He gave us our best entertaining football since relegation for 6 months then the reasons why he has never managed higher showed except for a short spell with York.

So because fingers burnt paying him off went for the cheap as chips option of a Wrexham player loved by many, he had a little success nothing spectacular but shored up a poor defence and brought Darlington the anti- football man back.

Then following him jumping ship gave to another Wrexham servant who hadn't a clue

Then they did divert again to Ricketts another rookie outsider with Barrow but they had to keep Darlington, when the Shrewsbury situation came up they should of offered him a little more money to stay but did not try to keep him hard enough, it's since come out he didn't want Darlington.

Then the January lost the plot farce which we all know of trying the ex Wrexham hero route again.

Sorry I've rabbited on but what I'm saying is it's ok being fan owned but we need paid outside professionals to run the football side of things, the board are clueless and let's their hearts rule their heads on this side of the business.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 4th May 2019 at 11.52:05..
Old 4th May 2019, 11.49:53   #126-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by weper red View Post
Where do you honestly think this sugar daddy is going to come from, not having a go just interested

We have a manager that inherited this squad not his own so imho deserves a chance to build his own team

Would you stand to be appointed to the board ?
I wouldn’t stand as I’m not qualified to be on a board of a football club. Now I know this hasn’t stopped people in the past, but I personally wouldn’t do it for that reason.

Why does Hughes deserve the chance? Because he’s an ex player? I look st his track record, or lack of, and it worries me. Again we need qualified people in all key positions....IMHO.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.30:16.