Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th May 2019, 22.35:07   #217-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Massive change needed.

I'm sure there's a few fans who, like me, are about to leave RP for a while and enjoy the summer recess. If I was a betting man, I'd wager a few quid that I'll come back on here in July and still be reading the same comments by the same few posters. 'Our club is being destroyed', 'managed decline', etc.

Nothing will change unless you do something. Stop sniping from the sidelines, hiding behind your keyboards.

Your club is dying, apparently. Are you just going to sit there and watch?

I think we all know the answer to that last question, don't we?
Old 5th May 2019, 22.35:26   #218-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

The massive change required is for supporters to stop over reacting
We were one win away from winning the league
We were one poor refereeing decision from beating Eastleigh
We have a top defence
We had the best home record in the league
This all suggests we require tinkering and not massive change
RP posters in general are like spoilt children
They scream and shout every time something doesn’t go their way
Next season the bookmakers will have us up there to win the league
Our supporters however appear to always see things in a negative light
Perhaps my views are different because I don’t go to games ... but that gives me a clearer picture perhaps
I’m looking forward to next years challenge
At the start of this year I posted that we would come third and was laughed at by many
Stick with it ... we are getting closer to the promised land
Old 6th May 2019, 02.51:42   #219-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Ozzy, if big changes are not made in midfield and forward line then its going to rely on the defense to score goals. Only a small core of players needs to be retained then its change, change, change.
Old 6th May 2019, 07.04:29   #220-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
The massive change required is for supporters to stop over reacting
We were one win away from winning the league
We were one poor refereeing decision from beating Eastleigh
We have a top defence
We had the best home record in the league
This all suggests we require tinkering and not massive change
RP posters in general are like spoilt children
They scream and shout every time something doesn’t go their way
Next season the bookmakers will have us up there to win the league
Our supporters however appear to always see things in a negative light
Perhaps my views are different because I don’t go to games ... but that gives me a clearer picture perhaps
I’m looking forward to next years challenge
At the start of this year I posted that we would come third and was laughed at by many
Stick with it ... we are getting closer to the promised land
The usual stance from the nodders if in doubt blame the fans
Old 6th May 2019, 07.20:59   #221-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Ozzy, if big changes are not made in midfield and forward line then its going to rely on the defense to score goals. Only a small core of players needs to be retained then its change, change, change.
It’s quite plausible that we could go into next season with an entirely new squad and compete for the playoffs/title. The idea you need to build a squad over time is far fetched. What you need is a manager and players who buy into the team ideal and will fight for each other. We nearly had it this season until the manager pissed off
Old 6th May 2019, 07.37:58   #222-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It’s quite plausible that we could go into next season with an entirely new squad and compete for the playoffs/title. The idea you need to build a squad over time is far fetched. What you need is a manager and players who buy into the team ideal and will fight for each other. We nearly had it this season until the manager pissed off
I would much prefer a process where only 2-3 changes were needed each Jan and say 4-5 each summer. However the current squad needs an overhaul mainly on the basis of goals and creativity. Too many players with poor scoring records.
I think we have a bigger core now than in previous seasons but for me its 8 max and that includes a couple of utility players.
Old 6th May 2019, 08.38:36   #223-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I would much prefer a process where only 2-3 changes were needed each Jan and say 4-5 each summer. However the current squad needs an overhaul mainly on the basis of goals and creativity. Too many players with poor scoring records.
I think we have a bigger core now than in previous seasons but for me its 8 max and that includes a couple of utility players.
Remember discussing lack of goals in the squad last July-Beavon only scored double figures once in career,no midfielders in squad who ever had achieved double figures either,the Rutherfords of this world who just do not score either.Our defensive approach hindered us but poor career scoring records were there in black and white last pre season unfortunately.
Old 6th May 2019, 09.01:27   #224-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
The usual stance from the nodders if in doubt blame the fans

That Nodder as you call him admits for obvious reasons he don't watch us play, it's us fans who witness how mind numbingly boring football and how bad we are that's to blame apparently for not being pleased with finishing 4th in the worst the league has been since relegation.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th May 2019, 09.21:57   #225-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
That Nodder as you call him admits for obvious reasons he don't watch us play, it's us fans who witness how mind numbingly boring football and how bad we are that's to blame apparently for not being pleased with finishing 4th in the worst the league has been since relegation.
Posted via mobile theme
The standard was worse last season. Macc with the same championship winning squad would have finished 5/6 at best I reckon.

Next season the standard will improve looking at the teams moving up/down divisions. Salford May well still be here as well. I fancy Flyde to give them a stern test in the final.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.45:32.