Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th May 2019, 09.26:52   #226-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish
Twitter: @

Default Re: Massive change needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
The usual stance from the nodders if in doubt blame the fans
What's a nodder?

I'm in no doubt at all. Most RP posters are immaturely reactionary.

What's your view? (Please don't nod).
Old 6th May 2019, 12.17:53   #227-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Let’s be honest, a successful businessman or consortium isn’t going to want to work with the Trust. They’ve made their wealth in their particular way so if they’re going to throw a few million of their money in, their ego isn’t going to allow members of the Trust to dictate to them.
That is true. If someone buys the club then they will own it and not the trust. Trust could still be a shareholder I suppose
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th May 2019, 17.32:12   #228-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
My personal opinion which has never changed is you cannot run a successful football club with unpaid volunteers..... Those who do it have my full admiration and that's from the ground up the shop up to board level it's a thankless task.

But having said that like in any business or job mistakes will happen they would not be human if they didn't make mistakes.

But this is where this falls down those at the top are accountable to nobody in reality they never show any humility, have not got the decency to apologise for their mistakes and that's what gets a lot of fans backs up.

Also those at the top yes they are ardent fans to, nobody can question that but this is also part of the problem.

They like most of us fans remember the good old days and all have certain players we liked a lot but this is what is clouding those at the tops judgement on the playing side (nobody I'm aware of criticises the job they do off the field)

When I say cloud's their judgement I will explain first of all after Saunders we had Morrell ex player well loved, then we did change for awhile went for a part time car salesman and manager successful at Nuneaton, then allowed the clique player wise in the club to rule because they didn't respect him Keates being one of them, Ashton etc so when it went tits up at Wembley they sacked him as his lack of experience showed.

They stuck with a non Wrexham connection and went for Mills probably without checking why he had managed so many non league clubs with hardly any success except one season at York in the play-offs lottery finishing something like 15 points off top. He gave us our best entertaining football since relegation for 6 months then the reasons why he has never managed higher showed except for a short spell with York.

So because fingers burnt paying him off went for the cheap as chips option of a Wrexham player loved by many, he had a little success nothing spectacular but shored up a poor defence and brought Darlington the anti- football man back.

Then following him jumping ship gave to another Wrexham servant who hadn't a clue

Then they did divert again to Ricketts another rookie outsider with Barrow but they had to keep Darlington, when the Shrewsbury situation came up they should of offered him a little more money to stay but did not try to keep him hard enough, it's since come out he didn't want Darlington.

Then the January lost the plot farce which we all know of trying the ex Wrexham hero route again.

Sorry I've rabbited on but what I'm saying is it's ok being fan owned but we need paid outside professionals to run the football side of things, the board are clueless and let's their hearts rule their heads on this side of the business.
Posted via mobile theme
sounds good but none of its true
Old 7th May 2019, 06.48:08   #229-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I would much prefer a process where only 2-3 changes were needed each Jan and say 4-5 each summer. However the current squad needs an overhaul mainly on the basis of goals and creativity. Too many players with poor scoring records.
I think we have a bigger core now than in previous seasons but for me its 8 max and that includes a couple of utility players.
I'd say we're in a fairly good position. A team that finished 4th and got 84 points surely doesn't need a lot of tinkering?! (We both understand finding a goalscorer/provider is top of the list).

Last edited by cardiffred; 7th May 2019 at 06.51:21..
Old 7th May 2019, 07.15:20   #230-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
I'd say we're in a fairly good position. A team that finished 4th and got 84 points surely doesn't need a lot of tinkering?! (We both understand finding a goalscorer/provider is top of the list).
Defensewise not much tinkering dependant on who renews but for me the midfield and forward line need ripping up. We could not continue next season with Rutherfield, Wright and Summerfield as its not good enough and the same goes for the forward line. Get it done early as well.
Old 7th May 2019, 12.18:04   #231-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
The massive change required is for supporters to stop over reacting
We were one win away from winning the league
We were one poor refereeing decision from beating Eastleigh
We have a top defence
We had the best home record in the league
This all suggests we require tinkering and not massive change
RP posters in general are like spoilt children
They scream and shout every time something doesn’t go their way
Next season the bookmakers will have us up there to win the league
Our supporters however appear to always see things in a negative light
Perhaps my views are different because I don’t go to games ... but that gives me a clearer picture perhaps
I’m looking forward to next years challenge
At the start of this year I posted that we would come third and was laughed at by many
Stick with it ... we are getting closer to the promised land
I'm going to go onto a fans forum for a team I've never seen play and preach to them how they should and shouldn't react to things.
Old 7th May 2019, 12.25:45   #232-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'm going to go onto a fans forum for a team I've never seen play and preach to them how they should and shouldn't react to things.
Is he genuinely criticizing people for having views about something they do watch ? Then admitting he doesn't but knows better anyway?

Curioser and curioser.
Old 7th May 2019, 14.51:25   #233-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
The massive change required is for supporters to stop over reacting
We were one win away from winning the league
We were one poor refereeing decision from beating Eastleigh
We have a top defence
We had the best home record in the league
This all suggests we require tinkering and not massive change
RP posters in general are like spoilt children
They scream and shout every time something doesn’t go their way
Next season the bookmakers will have us up there to win the league
Our supporters however appear to always see things in a negative light
Perhaps my views are different because I don’t go to games ... but that gives me a clearer picture perhaps
I’m looking forward to next years challenge
At the start of this year I posted that we would come third and was laughed at by many
Stick with it ... we are getting closer to the promised land
Hi Ozzy Red. Presumably you were from the Wrexham area so understand how folk swing like a pendulum. We are Welsh and therefore very emotive!

If you have not had to endure the dire quality of football these past few seasons then it is understandable why you think many fans are over reacting when we have just had our second best season in Non-League football. Sadly, the stats do not tell the full picture.

IMHO, if we just tinker with the squad we'll again fail. They nearly all give 100%, but they simply lack the quality and consistency to win promotion. We need better if we are to turn things around.

Just hope we have the dosh, and BH doesn't blow his chance to sort things out.

The good news is that whilst the Pommes are still whinging, they are at least interested!
Old 7th May 2019, 15.10:16   #234-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Whilst he makes a firm point, the gist of it is about right. Some of the absolute shite I read on here after a loss, does make you wonder what planet some of the fans are from.

I still maintain, as gutted as I was, that we didnt actually have that bad a season.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.21:12.