RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Massive change needed. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113889-massive-change-needed.html)

Inside Left 3rd May 2019 15.45:49

Re: Massive change needed.

[QUOTE=krux;2254338]The same thing that the investors in other clubs get.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Fylde investment is very much real estate based.

Inside Left 3rd May 2019 15.47:17

[QUOTE=krux;2254338]The same thing that the investors in other clubs get.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
......and what do they get? any examples.

Teifi Red 3rd May 2019 15.50:37

I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Loads of people saying we should sell but no one can give an answer to the question. All i’m getting is that other clubs have investors and they manage but no answer to the situation involving Wrexham.
Fleetwood bloke has integrated his business into the ground, some investors are tax dodgers. Forest Green have built the club as part of a green project.
But what is there at Wrexham?
Sorry, but spouting off about selling to an investor without knowing what it could involve seems a bit backward.
I’d love a sugar daddy to come on board but it ain’t happening as we are not a good investment.
Please persuade me differently with valid arguments.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 15.51:50

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2254348]......and what do they get? any examples.[/QUOTE]

Why do loads of other clubs have private owners then?
Practically every club is not fan owned and the majority are doing just fine. How do they do it?

Vorporix 3rd May 2019 15.55:21

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2254352]I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Loads of people saying we should sell but no one can give an answer to the question. All i’m getting is that other clubs have investors and they manage but no answer to the situation involving Wrexham.
Fleetwood bloke has integrated his business into the ground, some investors are tax dodgers. Forest Green have built the club as part of a green project.
Sorry, but spouting off about selling to an investor without knowing what it could involve seems a bit backward.
I’d love a sugar daddy to come on board but it ain’t happening as we are not a good investment.
Please persuade me differently with valid arguments.[/QUOTE]

Good post - I honestly wish there was a mega-rich Wrexham supporter who would like to invest in the club and I would be more than happy to change the model.

In all probability if we did stick an advert out there we would get little response.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd May 2019 15.57:45

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2254322]Hypothetical question.
I am a businessman who is looking to invest in a football club. I can pump a few £million in every year. I don’t have any history/affinity to any club.
Being a businessman, what would I get for my investment of, let’s say £4 million in Wrexham AFC?[/QUOTE]

You’d be run out of town by the paranoid mob before you could even state your intentions.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 16.00:46

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2254352]I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Loads of people saying we should sell but no one can give an answer to the question. All i’m getting is that other clubs have investors and they manage but no answer to the situation involving Wrexham.
Please persuade me differently with valid arguments.[/QUOTE]

Fan ownership is the exception here not the rule and its not working for us.

You're trying to belittle other clubs by suggesting tax dodging etc, have you any evidence of that?

I'm not going to try and persuade you because it pointless.
My previous response to you poses enough questions and points for you.

If the attitudes are like this from those at the top table then its no surprise we're going nowhere. Narrow minded and totally closed off because the club was shafted nearly ten years ago. Time to move on and get over it. This paranoia is ridiculous.

Red Light 3rd May 2019 16.02:00

[QUOTE=Foxy;2254284]The debate is now over . It’s a no brainer at this point...

‘Fans’ ownership hasn’t worked . FACT[/QUOTE]

And then there was Bolton Wanderers ........worth reflecting on.

However with another big attendance last night of 6,723 and all the associated financial spin offs does anyone else wonder where exactly does all the money go ?

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 16.03:20

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2254358]You’d be run out of town by the paranoid mob before you could even state your intentions.[/QUOTE]

Apparently its already happened. Even someone like Bryn Law couldn't get dialogue going. That speaks volumes.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.51:52.