RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Massive change needed. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113889-massive-change-needed.html)

krux 3rd May 2019 16.06:12

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2254348]......and what do they get? any examples.[/QUOTE]

They don't do it for a financial return though, do they?? that is obvious, unless it is linked ia to their business like fgr.

Either one is fine wth me
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Teifi Red 3rd May 2019 16.09:46

Re: Massive change needed.

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2254361]Fan ownership is the exception here not the rule and its not working for us.

You're trying to belittle other clubs by suggesting tax dodging etc, have you any evidence of that?

I'm not going to try and persuade you because it pointless.
My previous response to you poses enough questions and points for you.

If the attitudes are like this from those at the top table then its no surprise we're going nowhere. Narrow minded and totally closed off because the club was shafted nearly ten years ago. Time to move on and get over it. This paranoia is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

HMRC were looking at 44 football clubs over tax avoidance at the end of last year.
Convince me that Wrexham would be a good investment.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 16.17:39

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2254369]HMRC were looking at 44 football clubs over tax avoidance at the end of last year.
Convince me that Wrexham would be a good investment.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, there's no point. My other post says what I think. You'll never change your view and that's despite continuous failure on the pitch since the WST got control. If that doesn't open your mind nothing will. I'd then ask why you are so forgiving and accepting of failure.

Your argument falls down because you can't tell me why nearly every successful club is privately owned.

benwilliams 3rd May 2019 16.20:23

I actually hope we do put out an advert as I've posted before. It will be win win for me as someone who is generally pro fan ownership but not ideologically wedded to the model. An advert would either flush out a good new owner (doubt it but great if intentions were demonstrably positive) or prove to fans that there is no alternative so we need to work within what we've got but there are of course lessons we can and should learn.

I would sign a petition to Spencer to explore it if others would?

Vorporix 3rd May 2019 16.21:26

I have no problem with private ownership - where can we start the queue?

krux 3rd May 2019 16.23:36

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2254373]I have no problem with private ownership - where can we start the queue?[/QUOTE]

Put out the invitation and lets see!

benwilliams 3rd May 2019 16.23:53

I really think this is a good time for those on here who have legitimate gripes with the ownership to engage constructively with those who are somewhat in the middle like me and suggest positive tangible ways to push for answers/change.

I get a messageboard is the place to complain and that's fine but this season has been constant sniping with no solutions suggested. I actually agree with the bulk of points Phil, FOG, Dixie and pagl make but the way they're expressed is disengaging to me and is usually couched in "post to shock" language.

There is absolutely a legitimate debate to be had about where we are and how we move forward together positively and I'd welcome more dialogue on that.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 16.26:16

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2254372]I actually hope we do put out an advert as I've posted before. It will be win win for me as someone who is generally pro fan ownership but not ideologically wedded to the model. An advert would either flush out a good new owner (doubt it but great if intentions were demonstrably positive) or prove to fans that there is no alternative so we need to work within what we've got but there are of course lessons we can and should learn.

I would sign a petition to Spencer to explore it if others would?[/QUOTE]

Too simplistic. The WST and both boards would have to be open to it and I don't think they are. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, as in they've no interest in relinquishing control which is why I've said they place their own positions above everything else. Even Bryn Law wasn't trusted. What hope has anyone got?

John Neals Dynasty 3rd May 2019 16.28:27

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2254322]Hypothetical question.
I am a businessman who is looking to invest in a football club. I can pump a few £million in every year. I don’t have any history/affinity to any club.
Being a businessman, what would I get for my investment of, let’s say £4 million in Wrexham AFC?[/QUOTE]

The same as the American with Salford,the owner of Fylde who is a Blackpool fan, the owners of numerous clubs throughout the football league etc

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.40:40.