RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113891-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2019-a.html)

Ipswich Red 15th May 2019 14.55:14

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019

[QUOTE=pagl;2258311]Other than by the manager :)

Were we on the downward slope before he left then or were we still playing well?
Vose would have been better in a front 2 rather than this completely rigid 433 and then moan he didnt track back. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

With our defence being so good, not tracking back is a luxury we can afford, and also one that might see us break quicker.

I liked Durrell as well and he's the right height for our midfield.

pagl 15th May 2019 15.32:17

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2258315]With our defence being so good, not tracking back is a luxury we can afford, and also one that might see us break quicker.

I liked Durrell as well and he's the right height for our midfield.[/QUOTE]

CF material.
Durrell was vastly underused by Morrell, crazy when you think we paid money for him. Some blamed him being unfit but how does he get fit if he doesnt play.
I guess training doesnt get you fit here.

billybersham 15th May 2019 15.50:00

[QUOTE=pagl;2258321]CF material.
Durrell was vastly underused by Morrell, crazy when you think we paid money for him. Some blamed him being unfit but how does he get fit if he doesnt play.
I guess training doesnt get you fit here.[/QUOTE]

Another player we signed who had an injury when he joined us,how do they get past the medical.

Ipswich Red 15th May 2019 16.03:32

[QUOTE=pagl;2258321]CF material.
I guess training doesnt get you fit here.[/QUOTE]

Recent photos of Durrell appear to show that he is much "leaner" than when he was with us. Possibly a reason why he was under-used. Always had a spark about him.

Phils-an-alki 15th May 2019 16.19:57

It would be utterly pointless signing Durrell unless there was a drastic change in our style of play. He'd be another victim of our long ball to a midget tactic.

corwenred 15th May 2019 16.24:43

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2258329]It would be utterly pointless signing Durrell unless there was a drastic change in our style of play. He'd be another victim of our long ball to a midget tactic.[/QUOTE]

Radical I know, but maybe we might actually switch to a system that suits the players?
I'd take Durrell back, wasn't given a fair go here and a tidy player. Can be a match winner on his day.

pagl 15th May 2019 16.51:13

[QUOTE=corwenred;2258330]Radical I know, but maybe we might actually switch to a system that suits the players?
I'd take Durrell back, wasn't given a fair go here and a tidy player. Can be a match winner on his day.[/QUOTE]

Yeh. As part of a 442 he achieved promotion.
I would take him over Grant all day long even in a 433.

Ipswich Red 15th May 2019 16.53:35

I hope that BH will spend the summer on a different style. The fact that he experimented with it twice (both times disastrously) suggests he has an idea of how he wants us to play but didn't have the personnel/time to implement it. Fingers crossed.

redone 15th May 2019 17.07:25

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2258337]I hope that BH will spend the summer on a different style. The fact that he experimented with it twice (both times disastrously) suggests he has an idea of how he wants us to play but didn't have the personnel/time to implement it. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

i hope for this too,but fear Darlo will be the one who says how we play

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.13:45.