Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2019, 11.01:37   #505-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
We were top with 11 games left (the football was boring in fairness).Walker gets a season ending injury at LO , we lose the game and lose the glue that held the midfield together

He was our Mike Lake/ Scott Green and to lose him then go on a rotten run which put us out of the title race was no coincidence.

Just shows how one player can make a difference.

Someone said we've only got room for a handful of new signings.That's all we need.

The quality of those handful will be the difference between play offs and the title.

We need a right back, central midfielder, winger and a striker (I'd like two)

The above signings have to be quality though.Fed up of raw kids and journey men coming in.We've got the funds so get out there and make it happen.The fans deserve no less
Totally agree! The difference that just Tollitt and Walker made to this side was massive!
Old 16th May 2019, 11.21:32   #506-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
If those offered contracts all accept then to be honest we probably only need the 4 possible signings he is hinting at.

Tollitt would be a priority for me (Wide forward)
We seemingly have a striker already given a verbal agreement.
And possibly one other has been rumoured (Muldoon etc)

So would leave one space to fill. I would put that space to a midfield general. An experienced player with leadership, creativity and will keep fit (Not much to ask really!)

We don't necessarily need to recruit a right back when Carrington can play there, and Kennedy if needed.

Of course it all depends on the formation we go for!
So how many years have we waited for this midfield general,and what is the poor chap going to have around him,Summerfield,Young Wright and Rutherford lucky boy.
Old 16th May 2019, 11.21:56   #507-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Full back is an issue , I don’t think Jennings will stay and I Carra isn’t good enough getting forward.

We need two mobile fullback with plenty of pace, similar to Obeng and Ashton.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th May 2019, 11.23:49   #508-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Also, in midfield I’m hoping someone comes in with an offer for Wright and Summerfield could possibly leave . This would give us chance to rebuild the midfield with only Young remaining.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th May 2019, 11.26:04   #509-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Lets be brutally honest here, Wright should have been transfer listed. He's shite.
Old 16th May 2019, 11.27:54   #510-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Lets be brutally honest here, Wright should have been transfer listed. He's shite.
I don't think any opposition fan or player has ever looked at him and thought 'We could do with him'.
Old 16th May 2019, 11.40:58   #511-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
I don't think any opposition fan or player has ever looked at him and thought 'We could do with him'.
Hopefully the manager of one of the teams he scored a header against will think otherwise and we can dispense with his services...
Old 16th May 2019, 11.46:17   #512-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I think the biggest outlay would been for Oswell but that is spread over 18 months so other than the signing on fee the majority of the cost will come from this season's budget.
There is a difference between the spread of his wages and any upfront signing fee and cost. Wages will be operational costs with 6 months this season and 12 months next season. The signing fee may be taken as a 1 off cost or into the balance sheet and written off over the 18 months.

As indicated by a tax accountant on here if the Ward money had to come into this years accounts then it would seem sensible to do the same with any fees to offset them and reduce tax liability.

None of us are party to this info and why do we need to be. Might show in the accounts

The £200k available (as reported) I would hope covered this unless we have paid a crazy fee here.
Old 16th May 2019, 11.49:06   #513-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Would anyone class him as ‘exciting’? Prospect yes but not exciting.
I’d be excited by a potential front 3 of Tollitt, Oswell, Willoughby. Grant and another 2 would be good, with Fondop leaving.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.50:01.