RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113891-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2019-a.html)

Iesty 3rd May 2019 15.57:39

Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019

lets get the ball rolling to try and get some positivity on the forum :hurray:

with the football league finishing this weekend other teams retained lists to be out in the next couple of weeks.

Dover have already announced their retained list and the following are being let go:

Kadell Daniel, David Smith, Mitch Walker, Stuart Lewis, Connor Essam, Jack Connors, Tobi Sho-Silva, Nortei Nortey, Tim Schmoll, Moussa Diarra and Emmanuel Adebowale.

if ANYONE says we should get Nortey back, or does a Shaman pun they are receiving a permaban :D

Vorporix 3rd May 2019 15.59:44

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019

[QUOTE=Iesty;2254357]lets get the ball rolling to try and get some positivity on the forum :hurray:

with the football league finishing this weekend other teams retained lists to be out in the next couple of weeks.

Dover have already announced their retained list and the following are being let go:

Kadell Daniel, David Smith, Mitch Walker, Stuart Lewis, Connor Essam, Jack Connors, Tobi Sho-Silva, Nortei Nortey, Tim Schmoll, Moussa Diarra and Emmanuel Adebowale.

if ANYONE says we should [B]get Nortey back[/B], or does a Shaman pun they are receiving a permaban :D[/QUOTE]

Hope so - I have his white remembrance shirt :)

fezbob 3rd May 2019 16.25:17

Something about Matty Done.

welshian 3rd May 2019 16.41:28

Scout down the donkey sanctuary as usual.

Birdy 3rd May 2019 16.43:55

jesus at least let the dust settle first, it hasn't even been a day

benwilliams 3rd May 2019 16.46:21

As bartonbank posted on another thread we should be in for Turgott of Maidstone and Rutherford of Havant.

Other than that I would look at L1 and L2 release lists plus who Orient and whoever wins the playoffs release.

We should absolutely not loan anyone without proven Natyonal League or L1/2 experience and any loan should be long term and someone north west or Midlands based already.

We should try and secure a creative midfielder and 3 forwards as an absolute first priority then fit in around that according to budget. Difficulty with that is these players normally wait until late in the summer to get fixed up so have a list of targets and offer the best deal you can 1st time no messing about, take it or leave it.

Rob 3rd May 2019 17.14:40

[QUOTE=fezbob;2254376]Something about Matty Done.[/QUOTE]

Is he ready to come back off loan yet ? :toff:

(Thought Phil needs something to get his teeth into, he seems too placid at the moment!)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 3rd May 2019 17.43:16

Summerfield of interest to York City.

louisleftboot 3rd May 2019 18.11:03

What’s Obeng up to?

WrexhamTID 3rd May 2019 18.17:22

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2254458]What’s Obeng up to?[/QUOTE]

At Nuneaton

Sean Reckless 3rd May 2019 18.23:57

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2254400]As bartonbank posted on another thread we should be in for Turgott of Maidstone [/QUOTE]

Turgott to Chesterfield I've read somewhere

Lods 3rd May 2019 18.43:03

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2254400]As bartonbank posted on another thread we should be in for Turgott of Maidstone and Rutherford of Havant.[/QUOTE]

I'd take Turgott, although the London/Essex/Kent-based players rarely move up north.

So many clubs down south who'd want him, it's not like, for example, Luke Young last year who was based in Devon where the closest club in our league would have been a good 2/3 hour drive away so it was pretty much either relocate or drop down a division.

Alfie Rutherford seems to have good games against us, too. Could see him going to a decent club next time around. Although out of Havant's forwards I'd take Nicke Kabamba over him.

Colonel D 3rd May 2019 19.07:00

I see ,even at Premier League level that those players who have long commutes are not always as fit as those who live locally.
We should concentrate on the North West ,North Wales and the nearer parts of the West Midlands or get players to relocate.

joe 3rd May 2019 19.10:56

Have we offered Damian Reeves enough money to tempt him away from being a tradesman yet?

marathonplny 3rd May 2019 21.18:42

Matty Done in on loan

dixienormous 3rd May 2019 22.20:17

We'll sign shit under this regime, like we have since we took over. We'll sign Matt Rhead when both his knees have gone when he turns 40years old.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 4th May 2019 06.35:59

Holroyd and Jennings to Stockport

pagl 4th May 2019 07.07:29

Look around at Telford, Kiddy etc. Who are there best players, is there any up and coming talent. Who are the best 2 young FBs playing that are relatively local.
Year after year we miss players because we seem to lack knowledge of these lower leagues.

Priority has to be 2 CM and 2 CF and we should already have them lined up.
If were just going to sit round waiting on other teams retained lists then were fcked.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th May 2019 07.38:10

[QUOTE=pagl;2254618]Look around at Telford, Kiddy etc. Who are there best players, is there any up and coming talent. Who are the best 2 young FBs playing that are relatively local.
Year after year we miss players because we seem to lack knowledge of these lower leagues.

If were just going to sit round waiting on other teams retained lists then were fcked.[/QUOTE]

Missed out on a quality right back at Barry Town, will be playing for Fleetwood next season. A right back who attacks and can cross a ball, not good enough for Wrexham though.

gaz red man 4th May 2019 07.45:57

[QUOTE=pagl;2254618]Look around at Telford, Kiddy etc. Who are there best players, is there any up and coming talent. Who are the best 2 young FBs playing that are relatively local.

If were just going to sit round waiting on other teams retained lists then were fcked.[/QUOTE]

Telford got a great young right back but just signed a new 2 year deal, oh hang on Gary Mills released him. Ross White should still be at this club now. Class act

WxmWynno 4th May 2019 08.03:55

[QUOTE=gaz red man;2254628]Telford got a great young right back but just signed a new 2 year deal, oh hang on Gary Mills released him. Ross White should still be at this club now. Class act[/QUOTE]

I’ll second that Gaz - and a nice lad too.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

reded 4th May 2019 08.14:11

Lainton to Shrewsbury?

harrypothead 4th May 2019 08.18:35

I think we might see a few younger players joining us this year. With Brian Flynn here we will see a lot more quality and potential coming in. We need to stick by this management team and trust in them to bring in what was obviously missing from the squad this season. I also think Jason Oswell will bang us some goals next season because he will have had a full pre season here.

Dare I say it but I also think with a full pre season Bobby Grant could come good. His touch and skill on the ball is really good, i just feel we expected too much from him after the time he had at Fleetwood. Also Akil Wright is improving all the time and is still fairly young, so I'm excited to see what next season will bring.

Big Shaun Pearson will still be here, and hopefully Lawler and Kennedy will be too. Maybe a 3 5 2 formation would be a good option next season, with 2 quick full backs in the team. Oswell and another 2 or 3 strikers, one will need to be a good goal scorer though. The other 2 could be younger players like Pyke.

louisleftboot 4th May 2019 08.36:10

I really don't think Grant will be here at all next season.

CRUMBS 4th May 2019 08.39:30

Are we also assuming BF will be here a whole season , can't see the point myself , get an assistant full time .

Danny Boy 4th May 2019 08.43:06

[QUOTE=reded;2254635]Lainton to Shrewsbury?[/QUOTE]

What I've heard to.

Silvo 4th May 2019 08.45:54

2 wingers or wing backs to put in crosses for 2 new strikers/Oswell please. 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 formation as well please.

saltney red 4th May 2019 08.51:11

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2254646]What I've heard to.[/QUOTE]

TBF Dibbs is good enough for this league, imo.

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 08.53:40

[QUOTE=saltney red;2254649]TBF Dibbs is good enough for this league, imo.[/QUOTE]
Not in my opinion, I think we need better he’s a useful number 2

exiledwrexham 4th May 2019 09.58:59

Crewe manager was at the game on Thursday night. Possibly scouting Pearson or Lainton

LlayDragon 4th May 2019 10.01:57

[QUOTE=saltney red;2254649]TBF Dibbs is good enough for this league, imo.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Another way to rebalance the money in the squad.

LlayDragon 4th May 2019 10.04:38

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2254641]I really don't think Grant will be here at all next season.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping.

LlayDragon 4th May 2019 10.06:52

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2254636]I think we might see a few younger players joining us this year. [B]With Brian Flynn here[/B] we will see a lot more quality and potential coming in. We need to stick by this management team and trust in them to bring in what was obviously missing from the squad this season. I also think Jason Oswell will bang us some goals next season because he will have had a full pre season here.

Dare I say it but I also think with a full pre season Bobby Grant could come good. His touch and skill on the ball is really good, i just feel we expected too much from him after the time he had at Fleetwood. Also Akil Wright is improving all the time and is still fairly young, so I'm excited to see what next season will bring.

Big Shaun Pearson will still be here, and hopefully Lawler and Kennedy will be too. Maybe a 3 5 2 formation would be a good option next season, with 2 quick full backs in the team. Oswell and another 2 or 3 strikers, one will need to be a good goal scorer though. The other 2 could be younger players like Pyke.[/QUOTE]

Is he?

As Phil's has said this seems more like a publicity stunt.

ABd 4th May 2019 10.13:35

I predict dithering on a scale not seen before

WREX01 4th May 2019 10.14:55

Only 2 I’ve heard :

Pearson - Salford
Lainton- Shrewsbury

If Pearson goes we may as well call it a day.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

welshian 4th May 2019 10.37:29

Pearson's just re-signed, hasn't he? I see him staying and going into coaching eventually.He could have a cosy future at the club.

flintshirefan 4th May 2019 10.38:32

If anyone comes in for Pearson what we asking £200k ??? Although he’s probably got a get out clause

JonWrexhamfc 4th May 2019 10.44:57

[QUOTE=flintshirefan;2254684]If anyone comes in for Pearson what we asking £200k ??? Although he’s probably got a get out clause[/QUOTE]

Probably sell him for a fiver knowing this club.

WV1 4th May 2019 11.12:10

[QUOTE=WREX01;2254677]Only 2 I’ve heard :

Pearson - Salford
Lainton- Shrewsbury

If Pearson goes we may as well call it a day.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Can’t see Pearson going there, although I can see him leaving.

He’s talked all along about this being a ‘proper’ football club. Salford blatantly isn’t.

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 11.14:41

[QUOTE=ABd;2254675]I predict dithering on a scale not seen before[/QUOTE]
I can see this happening

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.07:47.