Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th May 2019, 09.30:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It might be worth having a chap who’s taller than 5’7” leading the line. I can’t bemoan his effort and industry but you can’t help but think a more physically dominant player would suit us better.
AA, whilst size is important I think that the problem we have is if were going to play 433 then we need to build a forward line with players who understand what this means. For me it means all 3 being interchangeable like we had with Wright, Pogba, Speight. No-one took a fixed position and quite often Wright would be wide left, Pogba right and Speight down the middle and variations of this.

Obviously a fit Beavon or younger version would fit quite well with 2 others but they all need a bit of pace about them. Not convinced Oswell has any pace but maybe that's because of his groin strain

Having 3 up front means a narrow midfield 3 and its therefore important the 2 FBs can push forward and overlap but for me they both lack pace.

433 starts to bring in more complicated thoughts on the formation which is why I think 442 is simpler and more effective in this league. Otherwise we have to start playing like Liverpool.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 09.37:09   #32-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
AA, whilst size is important I think that the problem we have is if were going to play 433 then we need to build a forward line with players who understand what this means. For me it means all 3 being interchangeable like we had with Wright, Pogba, Speight. No-one took a fixed position and quite often Wright would be wide left, Pogba right and Speight down the middle and variations of this.

Obviously a fit Beavon or younger version would fit quite well with 2 others but they all need a bit of pace about them. Not convinced Oswell has any pace but maybe that's because of his groin strain

Having 3 up front means a narrow midfield 3 and its therefore important the 2 FBs can push forward and overlap but for me they both lack pace.

433 starts to bring in more complicated thoughts on the formation which is why I think 442 is simpler and more effective in this league. Otherwise we have to start playing like Liverpool.
The formation is the formation! It’s up to the manager to make it work and us as fans have very little influence. As supporters, were clouded by what formations have worked for us in the past; namely 3-5-2 and 4-3-3. Hughes must have an idea of how he wants to set up and then recruit accordingly.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 09.41:14   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
The formation is the formation! It’s up to the manager to make it work and us as fans have very little influence. As supporters, were clouded by what formations have worked for us in the past; namely 3-5-2 and 4-3-3. Hughes must have an idea of how he wants to set up and then recruit accordingly.
Here's hoping.

Quality is the main thing, good players should be able to operate in more than one formation. I do agree though; decide on a way of playing then recruit to that, at least it gives a starting point.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 10.03:03   #34-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It might be worth having a chap who’s taller than 5’7” leading the line. I can’t bemoan his effort and industry but you can’t help but think a more physically dominant player would suit us better.

That's been the case for many years at Wrexham, the trouble is Hughes will interview a 5ft 9 player and he will look like a giant next to him and Brian Flynn
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.16:42   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
AA, whilst size is important I think that the problem we have is if were going to play 433 then we need to build a forward line with players who understand what this means. For me it means all 3 being interchangeable like we had with Wright, Pogba, Speight. No-one took a fixed position and quite often Wright would be wide left, Pogba right and Speight down the middle and variations of this.

Obviously a fit Beavon or younger version would fit quite well with 2 others but they all need a bit of pace about them. Not convinced Oswell has any pace but maybe that's because of his groin strain

Having 3 up front means a narrow midfield 3 and its therefore important the 2 FBs can push forward and overlap but for me they both lack pace.

433 starts to bring in more complicated thoughts on the formation which is why I think 442 is simpler and more effective in this league. Otherwise we have to start playing like Liverpool.
Nail on head. Love to see a 433 as above. Mobile forwards, decent midfield and useful full backs.
Wake me up if it happens!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.18:03   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
dagg's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name: Don't know
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Might be worth also signing a striker who can play for more than 70 minutes.

Crazy idea, I know.
It will never catch on.
__________________
"But when you go, let me dream that I go with you"
Kirsty MacColl. 1959-2000.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.25:03   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham_fan_4eva!'s Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

I have a sneaky feeling if Darlington is still here next season he will want to sign Quigley. I think his contract is up and more than likely going to get released
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.28:23   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
WrexhamTID's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Accrington
Liam Nolan, Will Wood, Danny Williams
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.31:03   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
WrexhamTID's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Barrow
Jack Barthram, Lee Molyneux, Nathan Waterson
Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 11.32:50   #40-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Loughboroughred's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @samwales123





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughboroughred View Post
I'm adding Moussa Diarra to my released wish list.
Liam Nolan added to my released wish list.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.40:17.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13