Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 08.29:05   #1-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Seven ways to get out of the conference

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...n-ways-6595174


We touched on this in the week but thought it was worth giving more coverage to.

For those of us who thinks it's a pretty simple game at this level and don't buy into the FAW mantra and stats, this article is still as relevant today as it was when it was first written.

1.Centre backs. Agreed and big tick

2. Pacey full backs. Agreed. We need a right back, Jennings is good enough

3. Midfield general. Agreed and bit of a problem here because we ain't got one so that goes on the shopping list.

4.Strikers. No words needed, apart from strikers do indeed hunt in pairs. So please, none of this one up top bollox and obviously a striker or two on the shopping list.

5. Keeper. We have one, will we be able to keep hold of him? I feel we must.

6. Money. We are not swimming in it and nobody is expecting players on 2k a week, but with the Ward money and healthy revenues brought in through the gate this season, surely there must be enough to put a decent team together.

7. Massive tick.

So there you have it. Personally I'd have replaced away fans with a proper wide man but you get the gist. A simple (possibly too simple for some) plan to get out of the league.

Thoughts?
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Old 4th May 2019, 08.45:37   #2-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...n-ways-6595174


We touched on this in the week but thought it was worth giving more coverage to.

For those of us who thinks it's a pretty simple game at this level and don't buy into the FAW mantra and stats, this article is still as relevant today as it was when it was first written.

1.Centre backs. Agreed and big tick

2. Pacey full backs. Agreed. We need a right back, Jennings is good enough

3. Midfield general. Agreed and bit of a problem here because we ain't got one so that goes on the shopping list.

4.Strikers. No words needed, apart from strikers do indeed hunt in pairs. So please, none of this one up top bollox and obviously a striker or two on the shopping list.

5. Keeper. We have one, will we be able to keep hold of him? I feel we must.

6. Money. We are not swimming in it and nobody is expecting players on 2k a week, but with the Ward money and healthy revenues brought in through the gate this season, surely there must be enough to put a decent team together.

7. Massive tick.

So there you have it. Personally I'd have replaced away fans with a proper wide man but you get the gist. A simple (possibly too simple for some) plan to get out of the league.

Thoughts?
I’d agree with that. If we could tick everything on that list we would stand a pretty good chance of going up as champions. The question is whether we can actually do it. We’ve had countless strikers brought in and really none of them are good enough. Am I confident that we could get one decent striker in never mind two, I’m not so sure.
There’s a lot of work to do in the summer but I think a creative centre mid and a 20goal a season striker is essential if we seriously want to compete. If we fail to address these two crucial positions we will almost definitely come up short again.
Old 4th May 2019, 10.12:41   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
FieldtownRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...n-ways-6595174


We touched on this in the week but thought it was worth giving more coverage to.

For those of us who thinks it's a pretty simple game at this level and don't buy into the FAW mantra and stats, this article is still as relevant today as it was when it was first written.

1.Centre backs. Agreed and big tick

2. Pacey full backs. Agreed. We need a right back, Jennings is good enough

3. Midfield general. Agreed and bit of a problem here because we ain't got one so that goes on the shopping list.

4.Strikers. No words needed, apart from strikers do indeed hunt in pairs. So please, none of this one up top bollox and obviously a striker or two on the shopping list.

5. Keeper. We have one, will we be able to keep hold of him? I feel we must.

6. Money. We are not swimming in it and nobody is expecting players on 2k a week, but with the Ward money and healthy revenues brought in through the gate this season, surely there must be enough to put a decent team together.

7. Massive tick.

So there you have it. Personally I'd have replaced away fans with a proper wide man but you get the gist. A simple (possibly too simple for some) plan to get out of the league.

Thoughts?
More importantly, you need someone to coach them to play attacking football rather than knock it around at the back for a bit before hoofing it into the box.
Old 4th May 2019, 10.13:56   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Get It Forward's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Season ticket holder , Mold Road Stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

I can think of 4 other ways we're more likely to get out of the conference...

21st
22nd
23rd
24th
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th May 2019, 11.21:26   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Right, so he left out 3 midfielders, but the rest of the team have to be really good, amazing. It’s just fluff for the papers isn’t it?

He could just as easily said you need wads of cash to buy a good team.
Old 4th May 2019, 11.24:53   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get It Forward View Post
I can think of 4 other ways we're more likely to get out of the conference...

21st
22nd
23rd
24th
Posted via mobile theme
You do realise we just finished 4th?
Old 4th May 2019, 12.29:31   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly View Post
You do realise we just finished 4th?
Yes. But the league was so poor this season. No real team showing class or running away with it.
Old 4th May 2019, 12.31:12   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Real Name: Si
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

And we currently have TWO decent goalkeepers at the moment, in Lainton and Dibble
Old 4th May 2019, 12.39:47   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly View Post
You do realise we just finished 4th?

Wow we finished 4th.Are you looking forward to our 12th season in non league football,just looking since we have been relegated many clubs have joined us and then been promoted,Luton,Grimsby,Lincoln,Macclesfield,barnet (and relegated again),Bristol rovers,cheltenham,tranmere,orient. ummmmmmm:h urray:
Old 4th May 2019, 12.40:15   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Seven ways to get out of the conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
And we currently have TWO decent goalkeepers at the moment, in Lainton and Dibble
I would be fine with Dibble being first choice if Lainton went.

I'd also be fine with Carrington being first choice RB next season. We keep trying to get better and keep failing. I doubt he costs much and can cover LB as a bonus.

We simply cannot afford all our current defensive players if we want better midfielders, wingers and strikers.

Sadly I look to next season with less confidence than at any time since relegation.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.50:10.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13