RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is time running out..? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113900-time-running-out.html)

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 4th May 2019 23.26:48

Is time running out..?

Apparently..There's no other option to the present setup that's running the club..But how much longer will Joe supporter in the street put up with this endemic failure..

I think we're one bad season away from (Mid to lower half of the table) things going pear shaped..

Alan Attack 5th May 2019 06.35:51

Re: Is time running out..?

Is losing in the playoffs abject failure?

flynhater 5th May 2019 06.48:49

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2254962]Is losing in the playoffs abject failure?[/QUOTE]

Yes it Bloody well is this Season, because yet again around Christmas time we were top of this Poxy League but needed a New Manager and some investment in the Team to carry on the push for Promotion. So what does our Board do give the Manager job to someone who Clearly didn't want it, and then when he left gave the job to someone who had been sacked after 6 months at Scarborough and was only working with young kids. The Board who I do blame for this,should have Bloody Well realised that this time we had to look for a Manager with experience, and there were plenty out there and appointed one. As to whether it would have worked is pure Speculation I know, however it has been proved for the second Season running not taking a chance means we are still in this Shite League :31::31::31::31::31:

RHYLRED 5th May 2019 07.01:31

[QUOTE=flynhater;2254963]Yes it Bloody well is this Season, because yet again around Christmas time we were top of this Poxy League but needed a New Manager and some investment in the Team to carry on the push for Promotion. So what does our Board do give the Manager job to someone who Clearly didn't want it, and then when he left gave the job to someone who had been sacked after 6 months at Scarborough and was only working with young kids. The Board who I do blame for this,should have Bloody Well realised that this time we had to look for a Manager with experience, and there were plenty out there and appointed one. As to whether it would have worked is pure Speculation I know, however it has been proved for the second Season running not taking a chance means we are still in this Shite League :31::31::31::31::31:[/QUOTE]

Bang on.

Alan Attack 5th May 2019 07.08:10

Surely your gripe is with Barrow and not Hughes?

Did someone post on here that Hughes had the best win rate of the three managers this season; achieved with players he largely didn’t acquire.

I’m not saying he was the right choice and mistake haven’t been made but there needs to be a bit of context.

The style of football is a smokescreen because all supporters want is a team competing at the business end. The attendance stats back up that argument.

Bangor Red 5th May 2019 07.38:22

[QUOTE=flynhater;2254963]Yes it Bloody well is this Season, because yet again around Christmas time we were top of this Poxy League but needed a New Manager and some investment in the Team to carry on the push for Promotion. So what does our Board do give the Manager job to someone who Clearly didn't want it, and then when he left gave the job to someone who had been sacked after 6 months at Scarborough and was only working with young kids. The Board who I do blame for this,should have Bloody Well realised that this time we had to look for a Manager with experience, and there were plenty out there and appointed one. As to whether it would have worked is pure Speculation I know, however it has been proved for the second Season running not taking a chance means we are still in this Shite League :31::31::31::31::31:[/QUOTE]

More than bang on your absolutely right :31:

Prodigal Dragon 5th May 2019 07.57:31

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2254962]Is losing in the playoffs abject failure?[/QUOTE]

Not abject failure, but failure to be promoted, nevertheless.

We had a great opportunity to win the league but the period around Christmas scuppered those chances.

Is BH the right man to take us forward? No one yet knows; but without a good budget and the freedom to dictate the way forward we are unlikely to find out.

Changes need to be made; but a revolution would probably be counterproductive.

Willywill 5th May 2019 08.00:26

Flynhater, you are sooooooo correct. At Christmas, when we were top, most of us couldn’t believe it. But it was our chance to ramp it up by finding funds for good, experienced attacking players, AND find a manager of experience. We didn’t do this - lucky we got as close as we did. I was a bit deluded, telling my kids to book the London Hotel for mid May!
Hind sight is a great thing, but these are two elementary issues. Do we plough on with decision makers at our club, who made the wrong choices?

pagl 5th May 2019 08.05:20

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2254969]Changes need to be made; but a revolution would probably be counterproductive.[/QUOTE]

Fans want evolution not revolution. Ah ha.
Making the play offs was progress on the field. Further improvements needed this time. Can BH deliver?

Football board wise they will now curl up and hide behind the closed ranks and try to let it all pass. Any sub standard delivery and the knives will come out.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.02:50.