RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Portugal Tour (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113901-portugal-tour.html)

benwilliams 12th May 2019 17.26:03

Re: Portugal Tour

Those who want to go to Portugal, great, enjoy yourselves. Those that dont want to go, don't read the thread. Simple.

red under the bed 12th May 2019 18.38:04

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2257525]"travel abroad" !

Jeez, you must be very very old.

We are not "travelling abroad". We are visiting another bit of the continent. The European content. Our continent. We are Europeans. Or so we thought. ....

Why the lack of tolerance?

Ok. You pack your Austin Allegro with buckets and spades and bottles of brown ale and drive to Rhyl for 2 weeks by the sea. Do we mock you for this? Do we make negative comments? No we don't.

Next weekend I will be visiting a Greek island for 2 weeks. A jet aeroplane will get me there and I will be taking my customised flip flops, superb bose headphones which I seem to have acquired and a pocketful of kim jong uns.

Viva la difference! ( or is it le difference? Not sure. Gender huh. Tricky stuff ).

Anyway, do not call me a "traitor" because I have "travelled abroad" ( I am being pre emptive here ).

You gotta realise that not all of us want to drive around in Austin Allegros.[/QUOTE]

Quality post....Unlike the usual 3511 won't work....Bring back Denis Smith....sack the board...who wins the Gold Bond scheme ? why let a rock band chew up the pitch pre season...

Austin allegro...had nothing on my Morris Marina...I did a bit of courting in that ...Mickey T would have been proud. Not a screwdriver in sight

Blazes 13th May 2019 21.44:19

In the days of Arfon Griffiths, when we really were a club to be reckoned with [promotion to Div 2 in 1978], the pre-season training was done in the sand dunes of Aberystwyth. Ask Joey Jones. They got to be superbly fit. And there was plenty of sunshine at Aber.

But, I'm a sad old git who remembers the glory days when we could give the likes of Anderlecht and Porto a good game.
Still, Portugal as a whole is a great place to take a break. Especially Lisbon...wonderful food and drink and sights....

Rob 13th May 2019 22.39:31

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2257525]
Next weekend I will be visiting a Greek island for 2 weeks. A jet aeroplane will get me there and I will be taking my customised flip flops, superb bose headphones which I seem to have acquired and a [B]pocketful of kim jong uns.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Is that cock-er-nee for iced buns?! :jester:

[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qPVDdqh3-wQ/hqdefault.jpg[/IMG]

petered 14th May 2019 05.04:38

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2257067]don't worry about them, they are not staying at home because they are miserable. They will not go because they are concerned that their respective villages won't be able to manage without them[/QUOTE]

Haha.....fairplay. I'll have that.

wrexhamandy 5th June 2019 13.38:02

Anyone heard anything about which day the game will be on exactly yet? I haven’t seen any announcement though it may have passed me by.

pawn star 5th June 2019 13.44:05

Does not look like we are playing anyone, as no announcement has been made but at least we should get to see our new signing on the training field and enjoy some sunshine.

Lods 5th June 2019 13.59:01

I mean, if we don't get a Portuguese team we can always play Shrewsbury in a friendly, they're in Portugal at the same time as us.

pagl 5th June 2019 14.18:04

I was looking to go but lack of info is putting me off.
Dont know the hotels/area either and would be taking a punt with my bad back :)

I am sure everyone will enjoy. They can always play the local waiters.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.56:44.