RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Portugal Tour (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113901-portugal-tour.html)

FieldtownRed 9th May 2019 15.24:32

Re: Portugal Tour

[QUOTE=jdWAFC;2256831]Just seen the prices from Hays, can get same flights, hotels, transfers and everything else for £40 odd quid cheaper online at loveholidays.com[/QUOTE]

Here we go, 235 threads moaning about Don Bircham milking Wrexham fans now...

Go! :rolleyes:

jdWAFC 9th May 2019 15.26:35

Well sorry for looking for a better deal..............

To be fair found exactly the same 3 nighter for £174 quid!

Actually no, i'll just spend £239 yeah?

fluffysheepsupporter 9th May 2019 18.58:23

[QUOTE=jdWAFC;2256831]Just seen the prices from Hays, can get same flights, hotels, transfers and everything else for £40 odd quid cheaper online at loveholidays.com[/QUOTE]

Well done. Hays will not miss your custom.

RED2309 9th May 2019 19.24:30

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2255646]Perhaps we should introduce a Fans Points system? Reach a certain stage of approval and you are allowed to come to home games. Pass another test and you get priority for away games. Finally accept, without question , the gospel from on high and you can go to Portugal??[/QUOTE]

You could keep count for everybody.:)

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 20.30:31

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2255395]Imagine basing your entire summer holiday around watching these losers play. Weirdos.[/QUOTE]

"entire summer holiday"

Ha ha. The travel costs ( if you don't use agents ) are about the same as an away trip to Gateshead or Dover. You would not know about this.

If you think this is an "entire summer holiday " what sort of summer holidays do you have?

Do sad old misanthropes actually have holidays? Be a bit like doing cold turkey.

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 20.35:30

[QUOTE=pagl;2255438]No. New formation of 911 with Beavon up front, Ruthers running midfield and 8 defenders plus GK to snatch a set piece.[/QUOTE]

Why did you post this?

It's not very funny.

You got nothing better to do?

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 20.38:47

[QUOTE=RED2309;2255592]Good news is they won't be in Portugal................hopefully!:)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry mate. They don't stray far from their keyboards.

Foxy 9th May 2019 20.45:40

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2256903]Don't worry mate. They don't stray far from their keyboards.[/QUOTE]

You’ve got to admit that there is a serious and deep rooted problem with the club if its led to this kind of argument between fans over a trip to Portugal. So about time you and the other Nodding Dogs stopped being so complacent about how things are . Things are rotten in the state of Denmark.

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 20.46:19

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2255646]Perhaps we should introduce a Fans Points system? Reach a certain stage of approval and you are allowed to come to home games. Pass another test and you get priority for away games. Finally accept, without question , the gospel from on high and you can go to Portugal??[/QUOTE]

What are you on about?

It is perfectly possible to get on a plane and fly to Portugal. And it is cheap.

Are you trying to be funny?

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 20.51:45

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2255866]He's the one who liked and followed that lunatic twitter account wxmfrontline that was exposed on here not long back.

Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

What's that got to do with Portugal?

Funny_Old_Game 9th May 2019 21.07:40

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2256587]No one cares[/QUOTE]

Haha init.

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 21.13:10

[QUOTE=wilbobisback;2256575]I'm hoping that if we play Louletano again we play in Loule itself.Whilst the Algarve stadium is fantastic a few hundred rattling round in there isn't the best. Add to that you have to go outside the stadium to get anything to drink at the big stadium & Loule is much more fan friendly. & before anyone mentions me going outside last year & getting drunk I didn't! I was too busy trying to count my feet & pick which pair I should use to walk to the toilets![/QUOTE]

You beat me to it ( had to wade through a load of bile to get here mind ).

Be much better to play in Loule and I am sure they would be happy with that - they took a lot of money on the bar that day - superbock lorries queuing to deliver.

Plus the ground is only about 5 minutes walk to town centre which has some decent restaurants. Be good to keep a link to Louletano and aspire to play a friendly against Faroense!

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 21.24:04

[QUOTE=pagl;2256592]Its a chance to wallow in the sun reflecting on the success of reaching the first play off game and reminiscing how unlucky we were to hit the bar twice whilst slagging the ref for the disallowed goal.

Handshakes all round with Spencer and Mills and chat about the new striker. Played for TNS with CD 12 years ago and a handful. The sun can do this to you :)[/QUOTE]

On the other hand lack of sun can make you sad, embittered and very pale. Something to do with lack of vitamin D apparently.

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 21.42:14

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256810]:crampe:[/QUOTE]

Right on cue!

You sad old gits don't half stick together.

This thread is about Portugal - sun, sea, sand and a bit of wafc on the side. Haven't you got enough threads to infect?

Oh. I see that you have started another negative thread - probably keep you going the whole summer.

John Neals Dynasty 9th May 2019 21.53:37

I don't get this slagging off fans who want to go to Portugal to watch them basically have a kickabout, that's up to them. It's not for me but what's the problem of them doing it?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 22.10:21

[QUOTE=Foxy;2256905]You’ve got to admit that there is a serious and deep rooted problem with the club if its led to this kind of argument between fans over a trip to Portugal. So about time you and the other Nodding Dogs stopped being so complacent about how things are . Things are rotten in the state of Denmark.[/QUOTE]

There is no argument Foxy.

It's just that the sad old gits ( with, evidently, a lot of time on their hands) are infecting every thread on this board. Even this one. I mean, how can you be negative about a trip to Portugal? That's how sad they are.

Regarding Hamlet. Our league position and points total have improved the last three seasons. We finished 4th this season. That's not rotten.

dolly dagger 9th May 2019 22.21:44

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2256908]Haha init.[/QUOTE]

You mean "innit"

ffs. It's like watching your dad dance. Why bother?

red under the bed 10th May 2019 00.15:13

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2256916]There is no argument Foxy.

It's just that the sad old gits ( with, evidently, a lot of time on their hands) are infecting every thread on this board. Even this one. I mean, how can you be negative about a trip to Portugal? That's how sad they are.

Regarding Hamlet. Our league position and points total have improved the last three seasons. We finished 4th this season. That's not rotten.[/QUOTE]

I agree the negative moaning on here is enough to make me get away.
I haven't been out to Portugal with Wrexham before...Seriously thinking of making this one.
My lad and me ...bit of sun ,a few beers and a game on the Algarve ...I'm keeping a watch on prices

moynkeepthefaith 10th May 2019 05.38:40

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2256915]I don't get this slagging off fans who want to go to Portugal to watch them basically have a kickabout, that's up to them. It's not for me but what's the problem of them doing it?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Sniping at supporters who simply want to watch their team is cheap and un warranted. When I saw the thread I assumed it was about arrangements for the tour and a chance for supporters to come together if they so wished. In any case I very much doubt such negativity is likely to put anyone off a break in the sunshine combined with watching your team.

pagl 10th May 2019 07.15:53

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2256910]On the other hand lack of sun can make you sad, embittered and very pale. Something to do with lack of vitamin D apparently.[/QUOTE]

It was just a bit of tongue in cheek. Past years seem to be well received so enjoy.

Phils-an-alki 10th May 2019 07.42:15

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2256912]Right on cue!

You sad old gits don't half stick together.

This thread is about Portugal - sun, sea, sand and a bit of wafc on the side. Haven't you got enough threads to infect?

Oh. I see that you have started another negative thread - probably keep you going the whole summer.[/QUOTE]

:crampe:

Phils-an-alki 10th May 2019 07.45:40

Dolly - PM me hun.

Funny_Old_Game 10th May 2019 07.54:57

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2256915]I don't get this slagging off fans who want to go to Portugal to watch them basically have a kickabout, that's up to them. It's not for me but what's the problem of them doing it?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Nothing, but the local old bill need to keep a close eye on them IMO. These are people who have booked time off to travel abroad to watch Paul Rutherford scurrying about in a training session against a bunch of Portuguese waiters.

KingBuxton_Forever red 10th May 2019 08.04:59

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2256945]Nothing, but the local old bill need to keep a close eye on them IMO. These are people who have booked time off to travel abroad to watch Paul Rutherford scurrying about in a training session against a bunch of Portuguese waiters.[/QUOTE]

What are you implying specifically there in respect of the "old bill" comment. Why would they need to keep an eye on them?

I am not going but I can see why going to watch Wrexham in the sun with your mates would appeal.

petered 10th May 2019 08.05:51

[QUOTE=petered;2254996]I've heard,but not from club,its 7th - 10th July. Can anyone confirm this? And any other info,location etc.would be appreciated. I know its Faro airport.
Will be making own travel arrangements so dont want to end up there on wrong dates sitting in a bar watching bloody cricket on the tv having some waiter telling me I should have been here last week, there were loads of Welsh people here!!![/QUOTE]

From this original post the whole club from supporters,players, mnager,through to the board have been berated, insulted and mocked.
Says a hell of a lot about some people who class them selves as supporters of Wrexham FC.
Enjoy your miserable summer you sad individuals!!

RED2309 10th May 2019 13.34:47

[QUOTE=red under the bed;2256920]I agree the negative moaning on here is enough to make me get away.
I haven't been out to Portugal with Wrexham before...Seriously thinking of making this one.
My lad and me ...bit of sun ,a few beers and a game on the Algarve ...I'm keeping a watch on prices[/QUOTE]

I went out for a week last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Actual football (Wrexham) based activity probably accounted for about 8 hours of that time - Training Session Pre match party at the 19th hole Match.

Met a lot of fellow Reds had a great week.

Own arrangements made for flights and accommodation and have done the same this year.

During the week didn't spot a nodding dog or happy clapper but will look again this year.
All I saw was fellow fans having a good time.

RED2309 10th May 2019 14.02:12

[url]https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/booking/home/LPL/FAO/2019-07-07/2019-07-11/1/0/0/0[/url]

Flights available from £22.98 go Monday return Friday

Bushfield Stand 10th May 2019 15.26:37

[QUOTE=red under the bed;2256920]I agree the negative moaning on here is enough to make me get away.
My lad and me ...bit of sun ,a few beers and a game on the Algarve ...I'm keeping a watch on prices[/QUOTE]

You seem to have the same line of thought as I did a couple of years ago. Ending up going with my lad and had a great time as did 5 or 600 others. Lots of Reds there with mates or family. We went again last year, superb once more, great atmosphere in the 19th hole on the Marina as Red2309 for the pre match party.

Great opportunity to have a few days away with your lad, some sun, good food and maybe one or two beers :)

Colomiers Phoenix 10th May 2019 15.37:17

[QUOTE=petered;2256948]From this original post the whole club from supporters,players, mnager,through to the board have been berated, insulted and mocked.
Says a hell of a lot about some people who class them selves as supporters of Wrexham FC.
Enjoy your miserable summer you sad individuals!![/QUOTE]

don't worry about them, they are not staying at home because they are miserable. They will not go because they are concerned that their respective villages won't be able to manage without them

Bushfield Stand 10th May 2019 15.50:27

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2257067]don't worry about them, they are not staying at home because they are miserable. They will not go because they are concerned that their respective villages won't be able to manage without them[/QUOTE]

:crampe: :crampe:

FieldtownRed 10th May 2019 17.06:55

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2257067]don't worry about them, they are not staying at home because they are miserable. They will not go because they are concerned that their respective villages won't be able to manage without them[/QUOTE]

You just know they’ll be stuck on here 24/7 waiting to criticise updates from those enjoying themselves out on the Algarve. ;)

Wxm fc home n away 10th May 2019 17.23:39

Ive followed Wrexham home and away for around 12 years and Portugal is up there with one of my best memories following Wrexham , the strip at night is always full of Wrexham , would recommend to anyone if you have the chance. Unfortunately can’t go this year as I. Going Croatia and Hungary with wales

Colomiers Phoenix 10th May 2019 17.43:40

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2257093]You just know they’ll be stuck on here 24/7 waiting to criticise updates from those enjoying themselves out on the Algarve. ;)[/QUOTE]

Or sticking pins into their Rutherford and Wright dolls

red under the bed 12th May 2019 12.03:29

[QUOTE=RED2309;2257028]I went out for a week last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Actual football (Wrexham) based activity probably accounted for about 8 hours of that time - Training Session Pre match party at the 19th hole Match.

Met a lot of fellow Reds had a great week.

Own arrangements made for flights and accommodation and have done the same this year.

During the week didn't spot a nodding dog or happy clapper but will look again this year.
All I saw was fellow fans having a good time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that ..Makes me want to get out for a break even more..I'm based down South Wales...Red all my life and see it as a good trip in the sun with my lad and fellow supporters..I can't read most of the cynical shite spouted on here...You live once...club is for life....Enjoy the experience

red under the bed 12th May 2019 12.16:13

[QUOTE=Bushfield Stand;2257062]You seem to have the same line of thought as I did a couple of years ago. Ending up going with my lad and had a great time as did 5 or 600 others. Lots of Reds there with mates or family. We went again last year, superb once more, great atmosphere in the 19th hole on the Marina as Red2309 for the pre match party.

Great opportunity to have a few days away with your lad, some sun, good food and maybe one or two beers :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bushfield Stand......Like yourself ,that's exactly how I see it...a break...Encouraging to hear that it's a good atmosphere and break....My lad has been travelling in Oz & NZ past four years ..you won't keep him out the sun now but you won't keep him a from a Wrexham trip either...Definitely looking up prices

marinman 12th May 2019 16.00:32

[QUOTE=Foxy;2256905]You’ve got to admit that there is a serious and deep rooted problem with the club if its led to this kind of argument between fans over a trip to Portugal. So about time you and the other Nodding Dogs stopped being so complacent about how things are . Things are rotten in the state of Denmark.[/QUOTE]

Were playing in Denmark?

dolly dagger 12th May 2019 16.10:24

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256943]Dolly - PM me hun.[/QUOTE]

What's this?! You flirting? No chance. I'm still pretty annoyed.

I only came on this board to find out which ground Paul and the lads would be gracing in Portugal. Find the thread and it's mired in froth and bile. Think wtf. So check out the other threads (wish I hadn't) and they are even worse. This thread is like an overspill. After wading through that bilge I had to have a shower and get fresh air.

And there was me thinking we had finished 4th this season and broken some kind of attendance record. I must have been misinformed.

Talking of pm's - you should send one (with an apology) to that Australian person you abused. Can't remember which thread and I'm not going in there to find out, but you can't use words like that to a fellow Wrexham fan. I think the name is oz ( which is a tad unoriginal but that is what Australians are like. Which is fine ). A point was made and over half of the post was facts.

Then you had a go at someone because they misspelled asparagus. And then you start a thread about hide and seek. wtf I haven't played that since I was 12 when the rules seemed to change.

"I think this is worthy of its own thread" No it isn't.
Phil, if you keep up this epic level of bile production you gonna make yourself ill - just saying.

As for what you have written about Paul Rutherford: what can I say? I am sure that you would agree that everyone is different. Now some of us do appreciate an energetic performance which is something, so I've heard, that is way beyond your capabilities.

It's envy, Phil. Just envy. Deep breath and let.....it.....go.

It is understandable. I mean, you are talking about the Isle of Man supporters Player of the Season and our future captain. Gotta show some respect.

dolly dagger 12th May 2019 16.45:38

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2256945]Nothing, but the local old bill need to keep a close eye on them IMO. These are people who have booked time off to travel abroad to watch Paul Rutherford scurrying about in a training session against a bunch of Portuguese waiters.[/QUOTE]

"travel abroad" !

Jeez, you must be very very old.

We are not "travelling abroad". We are visiting another bit of the continent. The European content. Our continent. We are Europeans. Or so we thought. ....

Why the lack of tolerance?

Ok. You pack your Austin Allegro with buckets and spades and bottles of brown ale and drive to Rhyl for 2 weeks by the sea. Do we mock you for this? Do we make negative comments? No we don't.

Next weekend I will be visiting a Greek island for 2 weeks. A jet aeroplane will get me there and I will be taking my customised flip flops, superb bose headphones which I seem to have acquired and a pocketful of kim jong uns.

Viva la difference! ( or is it le difference? Not sure. Gender huh. Tricky stuff ).

Anyway, do not call me a "traitor" because I have "travelled abroad" ( I am being pre emptive here ).

You gotta realise that not all of us want to drive around in Austin Allegros.

dolly dagger 12th May 2019 16.57:44

But the Portuguese waiters have pineapples on their heads which makes them look so cute :D

Foxy 12th May 2019 16.59:50

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2257525]"travel abroad" !

Jeez, you must be very very old.

We are not "travelling abroad". We are visiting another bit of the continent. The European content. Our continent. We are Europeans. Or so we thought. ....

Why the lack of tolerance?

Ok. You pack your Austin Allegro with buckets and spades and bottles of brown ale and drive to Rhyl for 2 weeks by the sea. Do we mock you for this? Do we make negative comments? No we don't.

Next weekend I will be visiting a Greek island for 2 weeks. A jet aeroplane will get me there and I will be taking my customised flip flops, superb bose headphones which I seem to have acquired and a pocketful of kim jong uns.

Viva la difference! ( or is it le difference? Not sure. Gender huh. Tricky stuff ).

Anyway, do not call me a "traitor" because I have "travelled abroad" ( I am being pre emptive here ).

You gotta realise that not all of us want to drive around in Austin Allegros.[/QUOTE]

Fair play I don’t agree with you ( except it looks like you are a Remainer ) but these posts are well written and very funny.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.45:34.