RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Portugal Tour (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113901-portugal-tour.html)

petered 5th May 2019 09.04:31

Portugal Tour

I've heard,but not from club,its 7th - 10th July. Can anyone confirm this? And any other info,location etc.would be appreciated. I know its Faro airport.
Will be making own travel arrangements so dont want to end up there on wrong dates sitting in a bar watching bloody cricket on the tv having some waiter telling me I should have been here last week, there were loads of Welsh people here!!!

benwilliams 5th May 2019 09.06:01

Re: Portugal Tour

Apparently it was in a recent matchday programme, Rich Ulrich tweeted about it is its official.

petered 5th May 2019 09.11:44

Cheers Ben. Not bought programme for a while and dont use Twitter. Prob explain why I dont know about it!!

marathonplny 5th May 2019 11.21:13

Also announced over the PA system at the Eastleigh game

crazywelsh 5th May 2019 11.57:44

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2255045]Also announced over the PA system at the Eastleigh game[/QUOTE]

Along with we are still here!

FieldtownRed 5th May 2019 12.09:03

Club don’t seem to have made such a song and dance about it this year compared to previous years. In addition, didn’t the note in the programme say the exact location is yet to be confirmed? You’d assume it would be to the same place as previous years otherwise people who’ve already booked will be very annoyed.

petered 5th May 2019 14.18:59

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2255045]Also announced over the PA system at the Eastleigh game[/QUOTE]

Clearly I didn't hear that. But thanks for letting me know!!

petered 5th May 2019 14.21:44

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2255070]Club don’t seem to have made such a song and dance about it this year compared to previous years. In addition, didn’t the note in the programme say the exact location is yet to be confirmed? You’d assume it would be to the same place as previous years otherwise people who’ve already booked will be very annoyed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,I'm assuming Faro and playing somewhere along the algarve but the location changed last year for one reason or another. Dont want to book place in Albufiera if playing nearer Villamora..bit of a hike. Sure Ill find out. Cheers.

FieldtownRed 5th May 2019 14.23:44

[QUOTE=petered;2255115]Yeah,I'm assuming Faro and playing somewhere along the algarve but the location changed last year for one reason or another. Dont want to book place in Albufiera if playing nearer Villamora..bit of a hike. Sure Ill find out. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Club laid on buses to the game last year. Lots of us stayed in albufeira despite the players being in vilamoura last year - bit more to see and do in albufeira and it’s cheaper too.

petered 5th May 2019 14.33:12

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2255116]Club laid on buses to the game last year. Lots of us stayed in albufeira despite the players being in vilamoura last year - bit more to see and do in albufeira and it’s cheaper too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,much prefer Alba. to be honest.

paddockgraham 5th May 2019 20.52:28

easy to get from Albufiera to the game as buses will be laid on, plenty of ubers about to and local buses, the old town is best area for nightlife but a bit pricy in some bars

shetred 5th May 2019 21.22:51

Instead of funding a yearly jolly for the players to Portugal, have them spend the cash on some players who can actually grasp the concept of playing football!

Telford Dragon 5th May 2019 21.24:40

[QUOTE=shetred;2255392]Instead of funding a yearly jolly for the players to Portugal, have them spend the cash on some players who can actually grasp the concept of playing football![/QUOTE]

I believe this is a paid for trip by Macron, and not so much from the club.

Funny_Old_Game 5th May 2019 21.31:20

Imagine basing your entire summer holiday around watching these losers play. Weirdos.

FieldtownRed 5th May 2019 21.37:57

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2255395]Imagine basing your entire summer holiday around watching these losers play. Weirdos.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's what autumn, winter and spring are for!

Foxy 5th May 2019 21.41:21

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2255381]easy to get from Albufiera to the game as buses will be laid on, plenty of ubers about to and local buses, the old town is best area for nightlife but a bit pricy in some bars[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an amazing holiday, a terrific end to yet another successful season and an aperitif for 2019-20. Who could resist it ?

petered 6th May 2019 00.09:03

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2255395]Imagine basing your entire summer holiday around watching these losers play. Weirdos.[/QUOTE]

Nah mate,just a few days away. I usually spend my summer in the Bahamas!!!!

deeside_dragon 6th May 2019 01.38:44

I believe we're playing 11 Portuguese waiters this year, just so we have a chance of scoring a goal, or even two :eek:

pagl 6th May 2019 02.47:46

[QUOTE=deeside_dragon;2255436]I believe we're playing 11 Portuguese waiters this year, just so we have a chance of scoring a goal, or even two :eek:[/QUOTE]

No. New formation of 911 with Beavon up front, Ruthers running midfield and 8 defenders plus GK to snatch a set piece.

TaidTom 6th May 2019 06.51:38

The usual suspects hijack another thread.

wynred 6th May 2019 10.24:26

[QUOTE=petered;2254996]I've heard,but not from club,its 7th - 10th July. Can anyone confirm this? And any other info,location etc.would be appreciated. I know its Faro airport.
Will be making own travel arrangements so dont want to end up there on wrong dates sitting in a bar watching bloody cricket on the tv having some waiter telling me I should have been here last week, there were loads of Welsh people here!!![/QUOTE]

[url]https://wxmafc.uk/2PRczgO‬[/url]

paddockgraham 6th May 2019 17.09:33

[QUOTE=Foxy;2255399]Sounds like an amazing holiday, a terrific end to yet another successful season and an aperitif for 2019-20. Who could resist it ?[/QUOTE]

beats going to Llandudno with you watching punch and judy moaning about the weather and brexit

welshian 6th May 2019 17.33:12

Maybe they should do some proper training instead.

paddockgraham 6th May 2019 17.37:15

[QUOTE=welshian;2255579]Maybe they should do some proper training instead.[/QUOTE]

what training are they doing now and what training do you suggest? are you a football coach?

RED2309 6th May 2019 18.01:57

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2255442]The usual suspects hijack another thread.[/QUOTE]

Good news is they won't be in Portugal................hopefully!:)

welshian 6th May 2019 19.14:50

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2255580]what training are they doing now and what training do you suggest? are you a football coach?[/QUOTE]

Something to improve their woeful performances.

And no, I'm not a coach, but if it looks like a shit and smells like a shit ...

dolly dagger 6th May 2019 21.49:33

[QUOTE=welshian;2255610]Something to improve their woeful performances.

And no, I'm not a coach, but if it looks like a shit and smells like a shit ...[/QUOTE]

Classy

JonWrexhamfc 6th May 2019 21.54:07

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2255569]beats going to Llandudno with you watching punch and judy moaning about the weather and brexit[/QUOTE]

Fk Llandudno and Portugal. Win promotion.

wafc1926 6th May 2019 22.32:13

[QUOTE=RED2309;2255592]Good news is they won't be in Portugal................hopefully!:)[/QUOTE]
Perhaps we should introduce a Fans Points system? Reach a certain stage of approval and you are allowed to come to home games. Pass another test and you get priority for away games. Finally accept, without question , the gospel from on high and you can go to Portugal??

petered 7th May 2019 16.04:21

[QUOTE=wynred;2255499][url]https://wxmafc.uk/2PRczgO‬[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

Phils-an-alki 7th May 2019 16.12:10

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2255646]Perhaps we should introduce a Fans Points system? Reach a certain stage of approval and you are allowed to come to home games. Pass another test and you get priority for away games. Finally accept, without question , the gospel from on high and you can go to Portugal??[/QUOTE]

He's the one who liked and followed that lunatic twitter account wxmfrontline that was exposed on here not long back.

Nuff said.

WrexhamO 7th May 2019 16.45:42

Would have made a great reward as a family mini-break after both kids finished their exams.

If it had been during the school holidays!

dixienormous 7th May 2019 18.13:49

Fondop was on fire in Portugal

wilbobisback 8th May 2019 22.41:24

I'm hoping that if we play Louletano again we play in Loule itself.Whilst the Algarve stadium is fantastic a few hundred rattling round in there isn't the best. Add to that you have to go outside the stadium to get anything to drink at the big stadium & Loule is much more fan friendly. & before anyone mentions me going outside last year & getting drunk I didn't! I was too busy trying to count my feet & pick which pair I should use to walk to the toilets!

138+NotOut 9th May 2019 03.07:43

[QUOTE=wilbobisback;2256575]I'm hoping that if we play Louletano again we play in Loule itself.Whilst the Algarve stadium is fantastic a few hundred rattling round in there isn't the best. Add to that you have to go outside the stadium to get anything to drink at the big stadium & Loule is much more fan friendly. & before anyone mentions me going outside last year & getting drunk I didn't! I was too busy trying to count my feet & pick which pair I should use to walk to the toilets![/QUOTE]

No one cares

petered 9th May 2019 05.00:51

:drink::drink::drink:[QUOTE=wilbobisback;2256575]I'm hoping that if we play Louletano again we play in Loule itself.Whilst the Algarve stadium is fantastic a few hundred rattling round in there isn't the best. Add to that you have to go outside the stadium to get anything to drink at the big stadium & Loule is much more fan friendly. & before anyone mentions me going outside last year & getting drunk I didn't! I was too busy trying to count my feet & pick which pair I should use to walk to the toilets![/QUOTE]
:drink::drink:

pagl 9th May 2019 05.17:28

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2255646]Finally accept, without question , the gospel from on high and you can go to Portugal??[/QUOTE]

Its a chance to wallow in the sun reflecting on the success of reaching the first play off game and reminiscing how unlucky we were to hit the bar twice whilst slagging the ref for the disallowed goal.

Handshakes all round with Spencer and Mills and chat about the new striker. Played for TNS with CD 12 years ago and a handful. The sun can do this to you :)

FieldtownRed 9th May 2019 06.33:26

Jeez guys, chillax! Sun, sea, sand and Wrexham FC - what's not to like? If you're not a fan of this then you probably sit in the Yale Paddock.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 14.11:06

:crampe:

jdWAFC 9th May 2019 15.12:47

Just seen the prices from Hays, can get same flights, hotels, transfers and everything else for £40 odd quid cheaper online at loveholidays.com

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.56:39.