RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113902-will-you-renew-your-season-ticket-wst-membership.html)

Phils-an-alki 7th May 2019 13.10:52

Re: Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership?

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2255818]Never said we had a Policy.
If you read the post, I wondered if fans would accept such a policy.[/QUOTE]

No I know but that's my point no one knows what the policy is, if any. We can't accept a policy that's a secret from us.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th May 2019 13.44:07

[QUOTE=Loughboroughred;2255700]If you can't support the reds through the downs, you shouldn't support them through the ups!

I'll be getting both this year

Come on you reds![/QUOTE]

So, the fact I don't want to buy a season ticket or join the WST means I don't support Wrexham then?

Just because I choose to use the money for a season ticket elsewhere shouldn't lessen the support I have for the club. I just have other priorities.
Its just a football club. I love it and want it to be successful, but not at the cost of more important things.

I don't get the 'if you don't do this, or do that, you can't call yourself a true fan' malarkey.

pagl 7th May 2019 14.02:12

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2255831]So, the fact I don't want to buy a season ticket or join the WST means I don't support Wrexham then?

Just because I choose to use the money for a season ticket elsewhere shouldn't lessen the support I have for the club. I just have other priorities.
Its just a football club. I love it and want it to be successful, but not at the cost of more important things.

I don't get the 'if you don't do this, or do that, you can't call yourself a true fan' malarkey.[/QUOTE]

Quite right. everyone has different personal and financial circumstances which governs their spending. Anyone that takes an interest and follows the team even just on here is a fan in my eyes.

I would like to think that we could convert non-members to members or as we should really see it non-owners to owners. Its a cost of £1 a month and whilst even another 1,000 owners wont make big changes to the budget for me its about growing the base and also making it inclusive.

:)

Quay Red 7th May 2019 14.14:35

[QUOTE=pagl;2255839]Quite right. everyone has different personal and financial circumstances which governs their spending. Anyone that takes an interest and follows the team even just on here is a fan in my eyes.

I would like to think that we could convert non-members to members or as we should really see it non-owners to owners. Its a cost of £1 a month and whilst even another 1,000 owners wont make big changes to the budget for me its about growing the base and also making it inclusive.

:)[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.
That was one reason why the membership changed from being WST members to Football club members. To try and attract those that had more affinity to the club than the trust.

Stafford Red 7th May 2019 15.05:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2255753][/COLOR]

Fully understand the frustration and anger in some respects but "Careful what you wish for"
All ownership models have their limitations. It's down to money.
We have a pretty good budget, Success is down to how it's spent, so we have to rely on the manager to do his job in the Summer.
Personally think we're a long way off with the squad we've got and unless we can improve on our full backs, midfield and forwards we will be looking at another difficult year ahead. Minimum of 6 players required.
Alternative is to keep the basis of this squad and start, urgently to bring the youngsters into the side whilst looking at the National league North etc for up and coming talent in specific positions.
I do wonder if fans would accept the alternative as a policy to build a side rather than try to buy one.[/QUOTE]

It's the managerial appointments that are letting us down, it's not the ownership model that appointed them it's a teflon board with accountability to no one it appears.

redrog 7th May 2019 15.54:45

yes and yes, simple.....

LlayDragon 7th May 2019 16.13:20

I will, but more in hope than expectation.

I don't have a problem with the ownership model, but I do have a problem with footballing decisions made at board level.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 7th May 2019 16.35:22

Despite all the heartache how can you stop supporting the team that you love ?
I am as disappointed as anyone, but will go there in August with my new scarf and heart full of optimism. I am not a happy clapper and will miss a few games to do other things if we are not competing. I will go to a few away games and have a great day out as always (sometimes despite the football). Oh, and should we draw a big team in a cup competition I will be at the front of the queue with a few thousand others.

phil 7th May 2019 19.11:32

think a lot of fans will wait to see the prices of the season tickets before making a decision i dont think there will be a price increase as the board will want to keep the fans on board if that is possible

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.14:46.