Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th May 2019, 16.33:54   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership?

Not sure how starving the club of money will get any of you the success or quality players you crave but obviously everyone's circumstances are different and personal to them
Old 5th May 2019, 16.36:17   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Not sure how starving the club of money will get any of you the success or quality players you crave but obviously everyone's circumstances are different and personal to them
I cancelled all my ‘donations’ when the club thought it was a good idea to give the managers job to someone who didn’t want it then give the assistant job to Newell, clearly the club isn’t starved of money and are pretty flush to be wasting this sort of money.
Old 5th May 2019, 16.37:14   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Not a fair or decent comment.
Many can't afford to buy tickets in one go. Others can't get time off for games.
Family commitments etc.
Every one who comes through the gate is welcome and is a supporter in my eyes.
That wasnít the question I agree some canít afford etc, and everyone who comes through the games is very welcome, the question in my opinion was aimed at those who had existing season tickets and were WST members but had lost their enthusiasm due to last season
Old 5th May 2019, 16.37:48   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

yes to both
Old 5th May 2019, 16.40:30   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Some of need a reality check - the doom and gloom is truly boring.

We must be doing something right 'upstairs' - Keates took us to the top of the league last February at Guiseley before departing for Walsall and Ricketts had us similarly competing at the top end of the league. Finding a replacement manager mid season is never easy but perhaps those making the decisions can see something in Bryan Hughes that Keates and Ricketts have - good enough to be poached by League 1 clubs.

We don't have a divine right to take top spot or win the play offs from a one in six chance.

Big disappointment but considering the managererial changes the players have had to contend with they have done well - the BT Sport commentators passed comment on how much stability both Solihull and Fylde have - solid management - no changes and continuity on the pitch with many players playing the majority of games instead of chopping and changing for reasons beyond injury and suspension - lets face it there has never been a time like this when none of us seem to be able to agree what our best starting line up is - and neither does the manager although he seems to have settled things down after his experimental phase.

ST & Club membership will be renewed - what's the alternative ? throw the towel in and give up ?
good post add the bad luck we have had this season regarding injury to key players not forgetting the awful luck we had against Eastleigh.
Old 5th May 2019, 16.48:04   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyMac View Post
That wasnít the question I agree some canít afford etc, and everyone who comes through the games is very welcome, the question in my opinion was aimed at those who had existing season tickets and were WST members but had lost their enthusiasm due to last season
But existing season ticket holders that don't renew are still supporters. Having a season ticket isn't a requirement to be a supporter.
The guy who only comes once a year is still a supporter.
Your original comment was frankly insulting. If you are a fan of Wrexham FC you are a supporter regardless of how many games you attend.
Too many other priorities in life that mean the club comes lower down the pecking order. Plus, why pay money to be bored senseless
Old 5th May 2019, 16.48:29   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyMac View Post
Apologies then. Seemed a dig at a lot of fans rather than a specific group.
Every fan has a right to choose how they pay for their football.
I find that in the aftermath of a disappointing end to a season, there are many who talk about not renewing, giving up supporting the club etc. Often find that they are among the first through the gates at the start of the season.
Failure hurts and some are more sensitive to it than others.
Old 5th May 2019, 16.51:30   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Yes and yes.
Old 5th May 2019, 16.53:00   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
good post add the bad luck we have had this season regarding injury to key players not forgetting the awful luck we had against Eastleigh.
We had one piece of bad luck against Eastleigh (the disallowed goal) and even that was contentious.
Hitting the bar is technically a shot off target, and those cleared off the line mean the defence were doing their job.
The players did well to finish where they did given the circumstances but we were clearly not good enough to deserve promotion.
And I would say the only real injury that cost us was Walker. Manny wasn't missed with the arrival of lawlor. And then lawlor wasn't missed with Kennedy stepping in.
Summer field wasn't really missed as Young stepped up.

I'm not blaming luck or injuries. Just the fact we weren't good enough.
Old 5th May 2019, 17.00:37   #50-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road row o

Will the people not renewing STs be the same ones who will moan that they cant get tickets for games where season ticket holders have priority.......such as playoff semi final??
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.15:40.