RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113902-will-you-renew-your-season-ticket-wst-membership.html)

crazywelsh 5th May 2019 14.07:25

Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership?

From the complete and utter shambles that we call the board do you have faith in them from what we have seen, I would like to say so far but it’s actually been years.

In the last two seasons we have seen strange appointments, poor signings all on the back of transfer sell on fees they inherited which have all now gone through. The concerts do not seem to have changed much apart from the club scraping a profit, which is a drop in the ocean it’s not even a poor players wages for the year.

There’s absolutely nothing to be positive about and the negativity is coming from stupid decisions made more than once.

Personally I do not want to see the team suffer BUT I said last season we would still be in this league with these clowns at the helm and look at just where we are still here.

Vorporix 5th May 2019 14.14:36

Re: Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership?

In answer to the thread title - yes to both :)

Percy Sugden 5th May 2019 14.19:32

No.

Brinster 5th May 2019 14.20:53

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2255110]In answer to the thread title - yes to both :)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Pieman 5th May 2019 14.24:07

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2255106]From the complete and utter shambles that we call the board do you have faith in them from what we have seen, I would like to say so far but it’s actually been years.

In the last two seasons we have seen strange appointments, poor signings all on the back of transfer sell on fees they inherited which have all now gone through. The concerts do not seem to have changed much apart from the club scraping a profit, which is a drop in the ocean it’s not even a poor players wages for the year.

There’s absolutely nothing to be positive about and the negativity is coming from stupid decisions made more than once.

Personally I do not want to see the team suffer BUT I said last season we would still be in this league with these clowns at the helm and look at just where we are still here.[/QUOTE]

Probably wont renew because everyone renewing is making them think eveything is rosey and its not at all. The football is shocking and pearson apart we have no winners on the field. We need to recruit and pay better starting with the manager. The board should look at the crowd turning up and be ashamed of the football on offer as its down to them to use the fans money better

marathonplny 5th May 2019 14.27:32

Yes to both
Why wouldn’t I

After 45 years of supporting through highs and lows, my support will continue

Yes I’m disappointed and frustrated with the football mngt side of the club and how the season finished, but only two teams can go up and frankly we are not good enough.

rob_1072 5th May 2019 14.30:52

At the mo it’s no on both, intending to pick and choose games I attend next year. If we sign some amazing players one of which a striker I might change my mind,track record with our club suggests not.

Red Light 5th May 2019 14.35:25

Some of need a reality check - the doom and gloom is truly boring.

We must be doing something right 'upstairs' - Keates took us to the top of the league last February at Guiseley before departing for Walsall and Ricketts had us similarly competing at the top end of the league. Finding a replacement manager mid season is never easy but perhaps those making the decisions can see something in Bryan Hughes that Keates and Ricketts have - good enough to be poached by League 1 clubs.

We don't have a divine right to take top spot or win the play offs from a one in six chance.

Big disappointment but considering the managererial changes the players have had to contend with they have done well - the BT Sport commentators passed comment on how much stability both Solihull and Fylde have - solid management - no changes and continuity on the pitch with many players playing the majority of games instead of chopping and changing for reasons beyond injury and suspension - lets face it there has never been a time like this when none of us seem to be able to agree what our best starting line up is - and neither does the manager although he seems to have settled things down after his experimental phase.

ST & Club membership will be renewed - what's the alternative ? throw the towel in and give up ?

flintshirefan 5th May 2019 14.36:00

I usually get my season ticket early will wait a bit longer this season to see who we sign etc ..

northwalian dragon 5th May 2019 14.40:22

Aren’t you one of the ones that got banned after the incident at the Dover game?

Colonel D 5th May 2019 14.46:26

At the moment it is possibly not and yes.
The tactics we employ are doing my head in ie lumping the ball up to small forwards and watching it come back again.
We need a playmaker in midfield, a decent wide player , another full back , who can play as a wing back if necessary,and 2 decent strikers.
If we could play 3-5-2 at least I may stand a chance of being entertained.

Answer Release 5th May 2019 14.46:27

Haven’t had a season ticket for many years, no specific reason.

I’ve already cancelled my WST membership.

brymboman 5th May 2019 14.51:12

Yes to both from me got to have something to moan about

blackbrookred 5th May 2019 14.52:11

I will be renewing both simply as I don't want the club to suffer financially.

Prodigal Dragon 5th May 2019 14.54:35

Yes to both despite all the frustrations.

What else is there to do on a Saturday?

But the WST Board must give some good answers at its AGM to convince many to do the same.:)

Redted 5th May 2019 14.59:07

For me it depends on two things:
1) The players that BH retains
2) who our first 2 or 3 signings are
If we show real ambition and make a couple of excellent signings early on to show we mean business, then yes to both.

Funny_Old_Game 5th May 2019 15.01:29

Not renewing, I’m not prepared to watch that crap football for 9 months again. I’ll go to the odd game but close to calling it a day really.

Ooh aah Paskin 5th May 2019 15.02:35

Haven't had a season ticket for the last two seasons and won't be getting one this time. I can't justify that outlay when there are more worthwhile and necessary things that need the money more.
I will pick and choose as I have done for a couple of years though it will depend on how we are going.
I have supported the club for over 30 years and always will but it will have to be done in the most from listening on the radio.
I was a trust member, forgot to renew a few years ago and since no one has bothered enquiring or chasing me up, I haven't bothered renewing that. They can't be that needy of the money!

mattw 5th May 2019 15.04:28

Have been selective over last couple of years anyway but more for family reasons. This year is first I could
Go back to a ST but not sure I will

Caergwrle 5th May 2019 15.10:23

Yes to both

wrexham forever 5th May 2019 15.11:12

Yes to both - very disappointed the way the season panned out but in all honestly would have been happy with a play off place last August. Hope BH can deliver in terms of results but perhaps more importantly in terms of performances. Let's see some flair with players like Tollitt (not necessarily him but someone like him) brought in to excite us and create chances.

Off Flint 5th May 2019 15.11:19

Ditto.

Quay Red 5th May 2019 15.26:44

Of course I'll renew both.
Good value for money and at least 23 afternoons / evenings of peace away from the missus.
Irrespective of ownership, I've always felt that this was my club and I was part of it. Feels like my second home.

OneLoveWrexham 5th May 2019 15.29:34

No to season ticket, didn’t have one for this season for myself or my son and I have already cancelled both our donations which were a lot more than the standard. I will be very selective this coming season as I have lost faith in everything about the club and the club clearly don’t need the money after the amount it’s wasted, ah well I am sure they’ll carry on regardless and we’ll all have the same gripes this time next year.

RadioRed 5th May 2019 15.29:51

At this point in time, no unless there is changes at the top and depending on the quality of players sighed.

Willywill 5th May 2019 15.32:25

Yes. For me and both my lads. What else there to do in the winter?

Ex Limassol Red 5th May 2019 15.43:52

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2255168]No to season ticket, didn’t have one for this season for myself or my son and I have already cancelled both our donations which were a lot more than the standard. I will be very selective this coming season as I have lost faith in everything about the club and the club clearly don’t need the money after the amount it’s wasted, ah well I am sure they’ll carry on regardless and we’ll all have the same gripes this time next year.[/QUOTE]

Well done you. That’ll teach em😂:hurray:

John Neals Dynasty 5th May 2019 15.47:28

At this moment in time it's a don't know.

My health has deteriorated this last year and watching the utter boredom and frustration of the last God knows how many years hasn't helped.

For me Thursday was a killer 120mins of passing side to side in defence and across the defensive minded midfield then just hoofing it forward to an isolated short ass player with no support is mind numbingly boring and the tactics of someone without a clue how football should be played.

If as looks and I suppose should be the little boy lost Bryan Hughes is going to rebuild the side then I'm really concerned we are going to go more backwards again.

To be honest I've little faith in his ability to build a side going by his loan signings and his team selections.

But early days to decide if I will renew, I would be more likely to if those at the top showed some humility but that's not going to happen.

I think a lot won't renew this time mainly through the lack of hope and entertainment value.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 5th May 2019 15.51:07

[QUOTE=Ex Limassol Red;2255184]Well done you. That’ll teach em😂:hurray:[/QUOTE]
I am assuming you have full faith and renewing both?

Captain Dread 5th May 2019 15.52:23

I'll go to the games so I may as well get a season ticket and pay less per match than paying on the gate.
But I won't fool myself that I'm doing it to provide early funds for the manager to spend on a top striker.
I'll renew my WST membership so I can get the slight discount on away travel. (Being first in the queue for those big cup games is a hollow benefit based on the last few seasons).
I won't be forking out for anything else until I know that my money won't be squandered on pointless loan players.

Cartman 5th May 2019 15.59:58

Definitely won't be 'renewing' in the traditional sense. I would rather wait until a couple of days before the start of the season and assess whether I think the squad we have assembled is worth my time and money. Even if that will mean missing out on an early bird renewal, I'm happy to take my chances.

Though if I were to wake up tomorrow and find out we've replaced Darlington/Hughes with a Challinor, Flowers type manager, I would renew straight away.

John Neals Dynasty 5th May 2019 16.03:50

[QUOTE=Cartman;2255197]Definitely won't be 'renewing' in the traditional sense. I would rather wait until a couple of days before the start of the season and assess whether I think the squad we have assembled is worth my time and money. Even if that will mean missing out on an early bird renewal, I'm happy to take my chances.

Though if I were to wake up tomorrow and find out we've replaced Darlington/Hughes with a Challinor, Flowers type manager, I would renew straight away.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your last paragraph, my choice would be Hurst

For me Hughes is like Solskjaer at Man U out of his depth.

Wirral Red 5th May 2019 16.05:02

Yes , I support Wrexham.

whitegatered 5th May 2019 16.11:32

Of course to both not at all happy all but we're not a million miles away, god we've had some rotten luck with Rickets going Manny Walker Summerfield injuries and some self inflicted mistakes, we will see how recruitment goes in the closeseason keeping Pearson will be crucial.

Nibs 5th May 2019 16.14:48

No as I don’t feel my money is being used in a wise way and no one is held accountable. I will attend aways.

RetiredMember021 5th May 2019 16.16:04

I'll be going to one home game a month and the 3 or 4 away games just like the season just gone. I would of been tempted to get a season ticket if we had gone up.

SammyMac 5th May 2019 16.22:11

Of course I will be renewing and anyone who doesn't shouldn't call themselves a Wrexham Supporter

Quay Red 5th May 2019 16.30:36

[QUOTE=SammyMac;2255211]Of course I will be renewing and anyone who doesn't shouldn't call themselves a Wrexham Supporter[/QUOTE]

Not a fair or decent comment.
Many can't afford to buy tickets in one go. Others can't get time off for games.
Family commitments etc.
Every one who comes through the gate is welcome and is a supporter in my eyes.

Ddraigoch 5th May 2019 16.30:49

I don't buy a season ticket because of work issues but will be renewing my west membership. I do attend the games Where I have no work issues and contribute to the club in other ways and it more than makes up for the shortfall.

John Neals Dynasty 5th May 2019 16.33:34

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2255219]Not a fair or decent comment.
Many can't afford to buy tickets in one go. Others can't get time off for games.
Family commitments etc.
Every one who comes through the gate is welcome and is a supporter in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Well said QR I didn't buy a season ticket some seasons because of shift work and young family commitments.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.41:03.