Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2019, 09.35:40   #145-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Salford

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Are we looking for investors or to be taken over ?
If the former then I don’t follow the last question if the latter then I don’t follow the last question. If I sell you my house I don’t insist that you keep the garden nice and respect the Neighbors.
While some may want takeover and to become the plaything of fading footballers or spoilt millionaires it is not for me. Sensible investment should never be turned down but it has to be that and with a solid base which I understood Bryan Law’s bid did not possess.
That was the purpose of my example questions.
An ‘investor’ may want a say in running the club or may want to run it as chairman. Likewise the % question is about total/part ownership.
There cant be any answers unless we know the detail.

I would envisage a 51/49 model with WST retaining actual ownership but 1 or more partners running the football board. In effect its what we have now but with no money and a poorly structured board.
Old 12th May 2019, 09.53:31   #146-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCobra View Post
John neals dynasty’s you are a sham of a Wrexham fan. Hang your head in shame. You dont deserve a good football team. Thankfully there are more positive people that can make it happen. Hallelujah.

Andy Cobra I'm not a fan I'm a supporter are you? For your information you clown I've been a supporter well over 50yrs have you? Last 3 seasons not missed a home game and not missed many in previous years other than due to shift work,I've also attended lots of away games when finances allow so keep your arsey comments to yourself prat.

The post was I put up to which the clappers object I didn't enjoy posting it as it's my club I've invested God knows how much into in my lifetime like many others of my age and older, we see the average times the brilliant times when we played excellent football pass and move score lots of goals gates regular of 20000 when we had ambition and it's why we have a large fanbase today.

But the large fanbase is now being let down season after season of absolute dire entertainment the most boring hoofball and negative tactics in my 50+ yrs as a supporter.

So I've a reason to state the truth of our situation I get annoyed when I read jealous posts of Salford, Fylde, Forest Green etc and what is it those fans are jealous of? yes the fact they have money, ambition and look forward not backwards, clubs that look backwards tend to go backwards...

I've not mentioned anything about investors in the post only that until we stop thinking every private owner is a Crook and the goings on in the past, the WST are not totally blameless of the past as due diligence could not of been done properly on Hamilton, Moss etc we made the same mistakes over and over.

I will never forget a conversation with Pryce Griffiths when Fred Tomlinson was chairman he came over then as a man not to be trusted.

But the main point of my post was some like AA (who at least admits it) are terrified of the past and it's holding us back as a club.

Shameful really for those future supporters and the young ones now who have never known us as a league club.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 12th May 2019 at 09.56:40..
Old 12th May 2019, 10.07:15   #147-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I'm not happy to win the attendance league, but I'm sure gonna use it to slag off Salford!
Posted via mobile theme

You don't get it Krux slag them off as much as you like but ask yourself why?? Yes their average gates was 180 because they were a club 2 divisions below us if we were down that low we would not more than a 1000 and that's because of our growing distance past.

Be honest with yourself you are jealous because they have rich backers who's ambition is to get the club in the Premier league, as they grow no doubt so will the fanbase although I doubt it will be higher than 5000. But as other's have said winning the attendance league is no achievement.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th May 2019, 10.09:28   #148-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

I wouldn't take much notice of that clown JND , he lives in cloud cuckoo land , it's obvious what's held this club up last few years , a Board who interfere in footballing side , something they know little about the other side they do well . Until at least they split this into two departments one side football , one side running of club , then mistakes will go on . They need to employ a footballing guy , he decides the Manager and staff and sets his stall out . The Board find the money whatever that is , if he fails he goes , simple . Too simple eh .
Old 12th May 2019, 10.13:53   #149-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
I wouldn't take much notice of that clown JND , he lives in cloud cuckoo land , it's obvious what's held this club up last few years , a Board who interfere in footballing side , something they know little about the other side they do well . Until at least they split this into two departments one side football , one side running of club , then mistakes will go on . They need to employ a footballing guy , he decides the Manager and staff and sets his stall out . The Board find the money whatever that is , if he fails he goes , simple . Too simple eh .

^^^
Agree on all your points as for the Cobra he's just a knob.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th May 2019, 10.34:57   #150-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Too simple. By far.
1. The board would have to appoint the "Footballing guy"
2. The money would come out of the budget which is Finite.
3. This wonder bloke decides on the manager, who then fails because he's got a reduced budget, so the manager gets paid off and the "Footballing guy gets the sack or tries again with a budget that's further reduced.
4. The board find the money. Didn't realise it had been hidden all this time.
5. You'd need to get all the above through the trust membership as it changes the constitution.
Simple.

PS I respect the views of posters. Just don't agree with some of them.

Last edited by Quay Red; 12th May 2019 at 10.36:11..
Old 12th May 2019, 10.45:40   #151-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

So who's been the wonder bloke so far then , or failure bloke . God there's no hope really is there . Of course knowing a member of the Board you're at an advantage . QR .
Old 12th May 2019, 10.50:31   #152-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
So who's been the wonder bloke so far then , or failure bloke . God there's no hope really is there . Of course knowing a member of the Board you're at an advantage . QR .
Not sure how relevant that is??
You made your point and I responded.
Don't see how that's got anything to do with knowing any one else whether board members or not.
Personally think there's a lot of hope. Forever an optimist.

As for wonder blokes, There's a lot of football clubs wishing they'd got one, having just sacked the previous manager.
Even premier clubs balls it up but they've got money to mask the cock ups.

Last edited by Quay Red; 12th May 2019 at 10.53:42..
Old 12th May 2019, 11.14:41   #153-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Everything is fine as long as we average 5 k and get more than Salford

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.08:23.