Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2019, 09.34:07   #181-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Salford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Do you support the idea of putting up a bond to discuss “investing”?

I think it’s sensible. You’d think such people would have money to put up a bond to weed out the time wasters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I believe their lawyers advised them not to sign the NDA as it was a totally one sided NDA, they had a £50k penalty clause if they revealed information about us but there wasn't a reciprocal clause
Works both ways. If the above is true then you'd be mad to sign it.
It's deliberate too, if you welcomed talks etc why would it be so one sided? Like I said the shutters are down.
Old 14th May 2019, 10.13:24   #182-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Works both ways. If the above is true then you'd be mad to sign it.
It's deliberate too, if you welcomed talks etc why would it be so one sided? Like I said the shutters are down.
Like you, I don’t really know enough apart from rumours on here. I’m sure there’s no smoke without fire, however.

You wonder whether a pack could be prepared for potential “investors” although they would want/need to know commercially sensitive information. NDAs can work but the trickle of information could be damaging
Old 14th May 2019, 10.17:02   #183-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Who said it would be without due diligence?

What he said was do you really believe he would invite a bunch of shysters to get involved with a club he loves and supports, which he clearly does. Why would he?
For starters it would make him look like a fool.

Now I haven't always agreed with him in the past but there is no doubt he's a fan, that cannot be questioned. When people like him who could potentially help the club are treated with such distrust its a clear sign that some fans are still overly paranoid and stuck in the past, which could be a detriment to the club.
Some people are so convinced that the current set up is the only way (flies in the face of the football failure we've endured) that its preventing progress.

Time to move on and stop comparing our situation now to where we have been because its totally different now.
In respect of Due Diligence I said IF and my answer was to your point asking if the poster believed Bryn Law is trustworthy ? My point on that is I don't care if he is or isn't (I have some doubts that Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan had a blue moon bed spread before taking over city).
I simply want a transparent and sensible approach which may or may not include financial bonds being required.
Not saying the current set-up is the only way either but a bond seems sensible to me careless whether it comes from a fan or not.
By the way - thank god that where we are and where we have been are totally different.
Old 14th May 2019, 10.19:56   #184-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Like you, I don’t really know enough apart from rumours on here. I’m sure there’s no smoke without fire, however.

You wonder whether a pack could be prepared for potential “investors” although they would want/need to know commercially sensitive information. NDAs can work but the trickle of information could be damaging
For me Al its just a case of talking to them see what they say and go from there. There is no commitment needed at this stage surely.
Although I'm far from an expert in these matters I don't see the harm in talking.
The WST is always in total control and can pick and choose what's best for the club which is why I'm disappointed with all the negativity surrounding the Bryn Law people.
Old 14th May 2019, 10.22:59   #185-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
In respect of Due Diligence I said IF and my answer was to your point asking if the poster believed Bryn Law is trustworthy ? My point on that is I don't care if he is or isn't (I have some doubts that Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan had a blue moon bed spread before taking over city).
I simply want a transparent and sensible approach which may or may not include financial bonds being required.
Not saying the current set-up is the only way either but a bond seems sensible to me careless whether it comes from a fan or not.
By the way - thank god that where we are and where we have been are totally different.
The bond is only sensible if it isn't a deal breaker, which (if true) it seems it was. As said above the WST are in the driving seat, the fear of being sold to someone iffy is just not possible is it?
Old 14th May 2019, 10.26:05   #186-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I believe their lawyers advised them not to sign the NDA as it was a totally one sided NDA, they had a £50k penalty clause if they revealed information about us but there wasn't a reciprocal clause
very interesting if true.

So we have a process on the face of it, but in reality its one that won't work in practice. So we therefore have no process.
Old 14th May 2019, 10.29:58   #187-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The bond is only sensible if it isn't a deal breaker, which (if true) it seems it was. As said above the WST are in the driving seat, the fear of being sold to someone iffy is just not possible is it?
The bond is there (I assume) to prevent the club having to talk to every tom dick and harry that promises the earth but does not have the financial acumen to back it up.
In my opinion as they(WST) need to be transparent the requirement for a nominal amount allows them to justify refusal to engage in discussion.
Old 14th May 2019, 11.03:20   #188-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
The bond is there (I assume) to prevent the club having to talk to every tom dick and harry that promises the earth but does not have the financial acumen to back it up.
In my opinion as they(WST) need to be transparent the requirement for a nominal amount allows them to justify refusal to engage in discussion.
But we're always told there isn't a queue of likely investors or money men (and I don't think there is either) so I don't think that would be an issue.

I fully agree with your last sentence although this alleged 50k penalty clause needs looking at if it exists.
Old 14th May 2019, 11.08:00   #189-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

for me it just makes practical business sense.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.38:41.