Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th May 2019, 20.51:35   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Salford

As a general rule I couldn't care less how any other team gets on apart from Wales and Wrexham and am completely neutral. I am not even arsed about Chester so long as they are forever below us.

However, I make one exception this year and it is I do not want Salford to go up. I hate Tory football clubs like Fylde but I even prefer them to Salford. The media love-in around them and that utter hypocrite Gary Neville in particular makes me vomit and for the good of football and my sanity and the less we hear about them the better.

One underreported aspect of all this is you have Neville 1 who is the most prominent pundit on TV, Neville 2 who is an international manager in the FA (and a prominant pundit), Giggs who is an internal manager in WFA and Scholes (another prominant pundit) all involved.

I still can't quite work out exactly what they are up to but they are certainly up to something dodgy with Peter Lim's billions behind then and when the time comes that we all clock onto what it is it will be either too late or be completely overlooked as there will be no criticial oversight due to the fact it is that lot running them. An official feeder team for Man Utd? Maybe. More likely to be some kind of long term property development project where they "invest" in the local area by further gentrifying Salford by expanding their own property portfolios. It WILL be dodgy.

I loathe them with a passion.
Old 6th May 2019, 21.09:06   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-C View Post
As a general rule I couldn't care less how any other team gets on apart from Wales and Wrexham and am completely neutral. I am not even arsed about Chester so long as they are forever below us.

However, I make one exception this year and it is I do not want Salford to go up. I hate Tory football clubs like Fylde but I even prefer them to Salford. The media love-in around them and that utter hypocrite Gary Neville in particular makes me vomit and for the good of football and my sanity and the less we hear about them the better.

One underreported aspect of all this is you have Neville 1 who is the most prominent pundit on TV, Neville 2 who is an international manager in the FA (and a prominant pundit), Giggs who is an internal manager in WFA and Scholes (another prominant pundit) all involved.

I still can't quite work out exactly what they are up to but they are certainly up to something dodgy with Peter Lim's billions behind then and when the time comes that we all clock onto what it is it will be either too late or be completely overlooked as there will be no criticial oversight due to the fact it is that lot running them. An official feeder team for Man Utd? Maybe. More likely to be some kind of long term property development project where they "invest" in the local area by further gentrifying Salford by expanding their own property portfolios. It WILL be dodgy.

As much as many of us would like the Salford project to fail, I think for our chances next season it would be better to see them not in the National League.
Old 7th May 2019, 07.31:42   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
As much as many of us would like the Salford project to fail, I think for our chances next season it would be better to see them not in the National League.
We've been saying this for years.

There will always to a Salford, to a lesser of greater extent.
Old 7th May 2019, 07.43:07   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

You could give this board a Million and they still wouldn’t get us out of this league. As they’ve proven, they’d paint the tunnel with gopping dragons and waste the rest paying off ex managers, assistants, giving unproven ‘managers’ a 3.5 year contracts and panic signing Shite players for the rest of it 😂
Old 7th May 2019, 08.10:02   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd
Twitter: @vegastaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-C View Post

Quite agree, but its an unfortunate fact of life at all levels of football that you can buy success.
The Premier league in the main is run by foreign oligarchs who put their billions into building successful Premier league teams.
Even at our level, football clubs have become rich men's toys, and a fans owned club like ourselves are going to bumble along on the fringes of promotion or, as in recent years, mid table mediocrity.

Even at youth level, the top clubs steal the cream, once upon a time Wrexham FC produced top quality players who enhanced the clubs standing before being sold on for big money, Thomas, Jones, Smallman, Ashcroft, Hughes, Niedzweicki, etc. Now we have the Premier teams picking up the best of North Wales youth and signing them on when they are just 8 or 9 years old. It is unlikely any of them will ever see the 1st team, but they'll be loaned out constantly to EFL clubs and then sold for peanuts, money that would have previously flown into the accounts of clubs like ours.

Personally, I'd have preferred for Eastleigh to have gone up, simply for the fact that they are a long way from us, are a nightmare for away games, and I'd rather go to Fylde or Salford to embarrass their rich owners when we take a massive following to their Legoland grounds.

The end of the season will also see the transfer merry-go-round which is a new phenomenon. Once clubs like us, would release 5 or 6 players at the end of the season and retain the core playing staff to build on for the coming season, with the addition of 5/6 replacements.
Now its chaos, short term contracts mean our top players go, and the main criteria for the incoming additions is not the quality of their play, but the cost of their salary.

It's a lottery, can we find the hidden gems at a lower level who will come in and enhance our club and take us to a higher level, because we can no longer sign the likes of John Roberts, Ian Moir, Steve Fox, who had all played at higher levels but were now happy to drop down to earn a wage. The money in the top sphere now means that once you're released by a big club, unless you've got a gambling habit or a drink/drug addiction, you never need to pull on your boots again.
Another long season looms - COYR
Old 10th May 2019, 08.38:13   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

With a new club going into L2 for the first time - this pit is turning into a division of lost legends from the 80's and 90's

New clubs are young, ambitious, have money - older clubs such as us rest on the past
Old 10th May 2019, 12.11:49   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
You could give this board a Million and they still wouldn’t get us out of this league. As they’ve proven, they’d paint the tunnel with gopping dragons and waste the rest paying off ex managers, assistants, giving unproven ‘managers’ a 3.5 year contracts and panic signing Shite players for the rest of it 😂
Don't forget thinking up cringy hashtags on twitter mate
Old 10th May 2019, 13.42:06   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Just wondering if Salford go up, what there retained list will look like?
Old 10th May 2019, 14.29:57   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
Just wondering if Salford go up, what there retained list will look like?
Doubt they'd change much. That side is never getting relegated from L2 so probably a tweak and go for the playoffs.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.10:52.