RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Salford (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113907-salford.html)

reded 6th May 2019 09.08:10

Salford

Glad to see that last penalty saved. Let’s hope they win at Wembley and we see the back of them or they will just buy it next year

John Neals Dynasty 6th May 2019 09.13:10

[QUOTE=reded;2255469]Glad to see that last penalty saved. Let’s hope they win at Wembley and we see the back of them or they will just buy it next year[/QUOTE]

Plenty more clubs to buy it Chesterfield will be strong next season as they have spent their year down here, if as rumoured Notts County and Yeovil get taken over along with the money for relegation will be up there, Stockport probably will and Chorley if they win at Wembley.

Then you would have Fylde..
No whatever happens at Wembley this league won't be as easy as this one was and our little windfall was wasted this season gone.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 6th May 2019 09.25:56

Re: Salford

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2255470]Plenty more clubs to buy it Chesterfield will be strong next season as they have spent their year down here, if as rumoured Notts County and Yeovil get taken over along with the money for relegation will be up there, Stockport probably will and Chorley if they win at Wembley.

No whatever happens at Wembley this league won't be as easy as this one was and our little windfall was wasted this season gone.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We have certainly not spent wisely but have we spent all the football fortune money? I suspect there is still much to come, especially as Liverpool are supposedly paying in instalments and we have the unbudgeted extra gate receipts, cup and TV money.

It will be interesting to see what BH's plans are. IMHO, he must get rid of most of the squad - they have proven they aren't good enough and most are unlikely to improve enough - and then get a mix of experience and youth. I would concentrate on players from the local area, and not waste valuable cash on transfer fees or relocation fees. All money must go into salaries that will attract better quality players who are out of contract.

PS I think AFC Fylde are the better club but want Salford to go up. However, there are lots of other clubs who have the potential to spend big and come good. Life won't get any easier in hell!

redone 6th May 2019 09.27:38

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2255470]Plenty more clubs to buy it Chesterfield will be strong next season as they have spent their year down here, if as rumoured Notts County and Yeovil get taken over along with the money for relegation will be up there, Stockport probably will and Chorley if they win at Wembley.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

im with you JND, i think Chsterfield will be right up there,with who youve mentioned then we get a Solihull,Halifax,Hartlepools, Boreham W,Eastleigh,Sutton and a few others, we really did miss the fkn boat BIG time

CRUMBS 6th May 2019 09.36:09

BBC text said Eastleigh won on pens when i looked , anyway this division looking more like League Division 3 every year , and we massively cocked up with best chance to get out .

robiethered 6th May 2019 09.42:11

I for one hope they go up and beat Fylde at Wembley on Sunday.

benwilliams 6th May 2019 09.46:36

I'm going to stick my neck out and say the league will be weaker next year. Whether we can capitalise is another thing.

EnglishRed 6th May 2019 10.11:56

Stockport won't, next season will be all about consolidation for them. None of the teams coming up particularly worry me tbh.

Eastleigh also wont. Losing yesterday will probably mark the end of them as a top National League team. Their big contracts stop being paid by Donaldson now.

Notts County I expect to still be in dissaray unless they change their owners this summer. Yeovil could be a threat though, in the same way Cheltenham were.

Chesterfield are the ones most likely to do a Leyton Orient. Whichever of Fylde or Salford don't go up will be potential champions, Harrogate and Solihull will be up there. Barnet look like they are sorting themselves out. Harrogate could always surprise us, they've got the resources.

It's hard to predict, this league. We should be in the mix though.

Quay Red 6th May 2019 10.12:50

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2255484]I'm going to stick my neck out and say the league will be weaker next year. Whether we can capitalise is another thing.[/QUOTE]

This league is unfortunately never weak. Poor at times.
Mainly due to the type of teams that are built. It's difficult for players at this level to adapt their game to suit a quick mobile team one week and a bunch of thugs the next.
Most players are at this level because they're inconsistent. Teams will play the odd blinder and then drop off a cliff.
Refereeing standards are poor and also inconsistent.
There will be at least 6 teams within 6 points of each other at the top at Christmas.
We'll still be in the mix. Whether we've got the cream that rises to the top is another matter.

andy buckley 6th May 2019 14.35:26

Chorley have no chance of winning at Wembley then again the North play off final is at chorley :)

marinman 6th May 2019 14.57:55

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2255497]This league is unfortunately never weak. Poor at times.
Mainly due to the type of teams that are built. It's difficult for players at this level to adapt their game to suit a quick mobile team one week and a bunch of thugs the next.
Most players are at this level because they're inconsistent. Teams will play the odd blinder and then drop off a cliff.
Refereeing standards are poor and also inconsistent.
There will be at least 6 teams within 6 points of each other at the top at Christmas.
We'll still be in the mix. Whether we've got the cream that rises to the top is another matter.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, this league is never easy. You can't predict which teams will be strong. We definitely need more power and pace. Other teams often make us look like dwarves.

percy vere 6th May 2019 17.40:11

[QUOTE=reded;2255469]Glad to see that last penalty saved. Let’s hope they win at Wembley and we see the back of them or they will just buy it next year[/QUOTE]

Cannot stand them and the co92 shite. Hope they lose. No fan of Mickey Mouse fylde either but would prefer them to win

the_holt_dragon 6th May 2019 18.04:52

Norwich and Sheff utd weren't the top spenders in the championship,Luton and Barnsley were not in league one. Macclesfield were not when they got promoted last season. We have to spend our money wisely, but other clubs are successful with the same disadvantage we have.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 6th May 2019 18.27:35

What is the lowest conference play off final attendance? I can’t see more than 9-10 thousand at Wembley

corwenred 6th May 2019 19.20:13

Fylde are probably the best footballing I have send in this league and it would be hilarious to see Salford lose out. However they'll just chuck even more money at it if they stay here. Also if Fylde were to lose I couldn't see them keeping hold of Rowe and despite their financial clout what are the odds of them finding a replacement as good as him?

Wiltshire_Red 6th May 2019 19.33:07

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2255593]Norwich and Sheff utd weren't the top spenders in the championship,Luton and Barnsley were not in league one. Macclesfield were not when they got promoted last season. We have to spend our money wisely, but other clubs are successful with the same disadvantage we have.[/QUOTE]

All down to the skills of the management team, the jury is still out on BH, so let’s see how he performs with his team and his style of play in the new season.

the_holt_dragon 6th May 2019 19.37:52

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2255613]All down to the skills of the management team, the jury is still out on BH, so let’s see how he performs with his team and his style of play in the new season.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with that, I also think good fortune generally plays a part. My main point is that I don't think our budget makes promotion impossible. It puts us in the mix and we have to get more things right than wrong and hope for a bit of luck.

Wiltshire_Red 6th May 2019 20.05:07

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2255614]I agree completely with that, I also think good fortune generally plays a part. My main point is that I don't think our budget makes promotion impossible. It puts us in the mix and we have to get more things right than wrong and hope for a bit of luck.[/QUOTE]

And I agree completely with that

Red-C 6th May 2019 20.51:35

As a general rule I couldn't care less how any other team gets on apart from Wales and Wrexham and am completely neutral. I am not even arsed about Chester so long as they are forever below us.

However, I make one exception this year and it is I do not want Salford to go up. I hate Tory football clubs like Fylde but I even prefer them to Salford. The media love-in around them and that utter hypocrite Gary Neville in particular makes me vomit and for the good of football and my sanity and the less we hear about them the better.

One underreported aspect of all this is you have Neville 1 who is the most prominent pundit on TV, Neville 2 who is an international manager in the FA (and a prominant pundit), Giggs who is an internal manager in WFA and Scholes (another prominant pundit) all involved.

I still can't quite work out exactly what they are up to but they are certainly up to something dodgy with Peter Lim's billions behind then and when the time comes that we all clock onto what it is it will be either too late or be completely overlooked as there will be no criticial oversight due to the fact it is that lot running them. An official feeder team for Man Utd? Maybe. More likely to be some kind of long term property development project where they "invest" in the local area by further gentrifying Salford by expanding their own property portfolios. It WILL be dodgy.

I loathe them with a passion.

Wiltshire_Red 6th May 2019 21.09:06

[QUOTE=Red-C;2255623]As a general rule I couldn't care less how any other team gets on apart from Wales and Wrexham and am completely neutral. I am not even arsed about Chester so long as they are forever below us.

However, I make one exception this year and it is I do not want Salford to go up. I hate Tory football clubs like Fylde but I even prefer them to Salford. The media love-in around them and that utter hypocrite Gary Neville in particular makes me vomit and for the good of football and my sanity and the less we hear about them the better.

One underreported aspect of all this is you have Neville 1 who is the most prominent pundit on TV, Neville 2 who is an international manager in the FA (and a prominant pundit), Giggs who is an internal manager in WFA and Scholes (another prominant pundit) all involved.

I still can't quite work out exactly what they are up to but they are certainly up to something dodgy with Peter Lim's billions behind then and when the time comes that we all clock onto what it is it will be either too late or be completely overlooked as there will be no criticial oversight due to the fact it is that lot running them. An official feeder team for Man Utd? Maybe. More likely to be some kind of long term property development project where they "invest" in the local area by further gentrifying Salford by expanding their own property portfolios. It WILL be dodgy.

I loathe them with a passion.[/QUOTE]

As much as many of us would like the Salford project to fail, I think for our chances next season it would be better to see them not in the National League.

LlayDragon 7th May 2019 07.31:42

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2255630]As much as many of us would like the Salford project to fail, I think for our chances next season it would be better to see them not in the National League.[/QUOTE]

We've been saying this for years.

There will always to a Salford, to a lesser of greater extent.

redinsaudi 7th May 2019 07.43:07

You could give this board a Million and they still wouldn’t get us out of this league. As they’ve proven, they’d paint the tunnel with gopping dragons and waste the rest paying off ex managers, assistants, giving unproven ‘managers’ a 3.5 year contracts and panic signing Shite players for the rest of it 😂

stalybridge sheepshagger 7th May 2019 08.10:02

[QUOTE=Red-C;2255623]As a general rule I couldn't care less how any other team gets on apart from Wales and Wrexham and am completely neutral. I am not even arsed about Chester so long as they are forever below us.

I loathe them with a passion.[/QUOTE]

Quite agree, but its an unfortunate fact of life at all levels of football that you can buy success.
The Premier league in the main is run by foreign oligarchs who put their billions into building successful Premier league teams.
Even at our level, football clubs have become rich men's toys, and a fans owned club like ourselves are going to bumble along on the fringes of promotion or, as in recent years, mid table mediocrity.

Even at youth level, the top clubs steal the cream, once upon a time Wrexham FC produced top quality players who enhanced the clubs standing before being sold on for big money, Thomas, Jones, Smallman, Ashcroft, Hughes, Niedzweicki, etc. Now we have the Premier teams picking up the best of North Wales youth and signing them on when they are just 8 or 9 years old. It is unlikely any of them will ever see the 1st team, but they'll be loaned out constantly to EFL clubs and then sold for peanuts, money that would have previously flown into the accounts of clubs like ours.

Personally, I'd have preferred for Eastleigh to have gone up, simply for the fact that they are a long way from us, are a nightmare for away games, and I'd rather go to Fylde or Salford to embarrass their rich owners when we take a massive following to their Legoland grounds.

The end of the season will also see the transfer merry-go-round which is a new phenomenon. Once clubs like us, would release 5 or 6 players at the end of the season and retain the core playing staff to build on for the coming season, with the addition of 5/6 replacements.
Now its chaos, short term contracts mean our top players go, and the main criteria for the incoming additions is not the quality of their play, but the cost of their salary.

It's a lottery, can we find the hidden gems at a lower level who will come in and enhance our club and take us to a higher level, because we can no longer sign the likes of John Roberts, Ian Moir, Steve Fox, who had all played at higher levels but were now happy to drop down to earn a wage. The money in the top sphere now means that once you're released by a big club, unless you've got a gambling habit or a drink/drug addiction, you never need to pull on your boots again.
Another long season looms - COYR

Rhys's Daddy 10th May 2019 08.38:13

With a new club going into L2 for the first time - this pit is turning into a division of lost legends from the 80's and 90's

New clubs are young, ambitious, have money - older clubs such as us rest on the past

michaelps 10th May 2019 12.11:49

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2255666]You could give this board a Million and they still wouldn’t get us out of this league. As they’ve proven, they’d paint the tunnel with gopping dragons and waste the rest paying off ex managers, assistants, giving unproven ‘managers’ a 3.5 year contracts and panic signing Shite players for the rest of it 😂[/QUOTE]

Don't forget thinking up cringy hashtags on twitter mate :(

TWREX 10th May 2019 13.42:06

Just wondering if Salford go up, what there retained list will look like?

Wxm boy 10th May 2019 14.29:57

[QUOTE=TWREX;2257033]Just wondering if Salford go up, what there retained list will look like?[/QUOTE]

Doubt they'd change much. That side is never getting relegated from L2 so probably a tweak and go for the playoffs.

John Neals Dynasty 10th May 2019 14.34:32

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2255663]We've been saying this for years.

There will always to a Salford, to a lesser of greater extent.[/QUOTE]

^^^^
This clubs have come from lower down and left us in their wake whoever goes up Salford or Fylde they have overtook us as they were in lower leagues than us when came down

TWREX 10th May 2019 14.34:49

Worth keeping an eye open,Lawlor was one player who couldn't get a game and we are all happy in the way he turned out for us.

Number6 10th May 2019 18.41:22

Should Salford win, they will be subject to the ffp regs in L2 concerning expenditure vs income. They may well experience what FGR did in their first season and struggle without tons of cash being thrown in. As for the relegated teams, both Yeovil and Notts County have well documented money troubles and there is no guarantee that the National League committee will accept their applications. I believe they have until June 1st to sort out any take-over business or risk dropping into NL North& South.

blackbrookred 10th May 2019 18.47:08

[QUOTE=Number6;2257114]Should Salford win, they will be subject to the ffp regs in L2 concerning expenditure vs income. They may well experience what FGR did in their first season and struggle without tons of cash being thrown in. As for the relegated teams, both Yeovil and Notts County have well documented money troubles and there is no guarantee that the National League committee will accept their applications. I believe they have until June 1st to sort out any take-over business or risk dropping into NL North& South.[/QUOTE]
I am sure Salford will come up with a cushy sponsorship number to boost income.

Colomiers Phoenix 10th May 2019 19.08:02

Ref the play off final and dearth of supporters. a chum of mine, who is vaguely connected to the Fylde set up at the moment informs me that the owner is subsidising coach trip to Wembley including ticket for forty Sovs. I hope they both enjoy themselves.

On a lighter note at least Young Beckham will not deprive anyone of a parking space

deeside_dragon 11th May 2019 00.06:35

Hopefully Fylde go up, don't want them rag bastards going up !!!

Lods 11th May 2019 00.23:45

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2255593]Norwich and Sheff utd weren't the top spenders in the championship,Luton and Barnsley were not in league one. Macclesfield were not when they got promoted last season. We have to spend our money wisely, but other clubs are successful with the same disadvantage we have.[/QUOTE]

Championship and League One fall under financial fair play rules though.

Macclesfield won the league where there were no Salford, Fleetwood, Crawley etc.-level spenders. It's not coincidence this time that 5 of the top 7 clubs have good financial backing. It'll be the same story until National League introduces FFP - which I wouldn't hold my breath for.

Percy Sugden 11th May 2019 08.55:36

[QUOTE=Lods;2257157]Championship and League One fall under financial fair play rules though.

Macclesfield won the league where there were no Salford, Fleetwood, Crawley etc.-level spenders. It's not coincidence this time that 5 of the top 7 clubs have good financial backing. It'll be the same story until National League introduces FFP - which I wouldn't hold my breath for.[/QUOTE]

I reckon Macc spent more than what most think in their promotion season. They clearly spent better in January than ourselves.... #aingetheunit

OneLoveWrexham 11th May 2019 09.06:48

I hope if Salford go up Gary Neville tweets the Wrexham page saying ‘are you ok hun?’

Quay Red 11th May 2019 09.47:41

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2257173]I reckon Macc spent more than what most think in their promotion season. They clearly spent better in January than ourselves.... #aingetheunit[/QUOTE]

Probably right.
Askey left because the owner wouldn't spend on the team.
The financial gain from getting into the league was recouped by him as he'd spent it already on the promotion.

GarryOggy 11th May 2019 10.03:18

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2257176]I hope if Salford go up Gary Neville tweets the Wrexham page saying ‘are you ok hun?’[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the players who tweeted him.

davewilli 11th May 2019 10.14:29

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2257183]Probably right.
Askey left because the owner wouldn't spend on the team.
The financial gain from getting into the league was recouped by him as he'd spent it already on the promotion.[/QUOTE]

Macc are not a good example and without the extra revenue from the FL I doubt they would be still trading under the present regime. They have some great fans and dedicated staff but they are a bit of a disaster behind the scenes.

pagl 11th May 2019 10.35:31

Rather Salford go up, they have more money. Simple.
Both clubs are funded above their station but the reality of our position remains.

Use our budget more wisely.
Get some strategies in place.
Restructure the football board.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.10:44.