Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 23.26:48   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Twitter: @

Default Is time running out..?

Apparently..There's no other option to the present setup that's running the club..But how much longer will Joe supporter in the street put up with this endemic failure..

I think we're one bad season away from (Mid to lower half of the table) things going pear shaped..
Old 5th May 2019, 06.35:51   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Default Re: Is time running out..?

Is losing in the playoffs abject failure?
Old 5th May 2019, 06.48:49   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Yes it Bloody well is this Season, because yet again around Christmas time we were top of this Poxy League but needed a New Manager and some investment in the Team to carry on the push for Promotion. So what does our Board do give the Manager job to someone who Clearly didn't want it, and then when he left gave the job to someone who had been sacked after 6 months at Scarborough and was only working with young kids. The Board who I do blame for this,should have Bloody Well realised that this time we had to look for a Manager with experience, and there were plenty out there and appointed one. As to whether it would have worked is pure Speculation I know, however it has been proved for the second Season running not taking a chance means we are still in this Shite League
Old 5th May 2019, 07.01:31   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
Yes it Bloody well is this Season, because yet again around Christmas time we were top of this Poxy League but needed a New Manager and some investment in the Team to carry on the push for Promotion. So what does our Board do give the Manager job to someone who Clearly didn't want it, and then when he left gave the job to someone who had been sacked after 6 months at Scarborough and was only working with young kids. The Board who I do blame for this,should have Bloody Well realised that this time we had to look for a Manager with experience, and there were plenty out there and appointed one. As to whether it would have worked is pure Speculation I know, however it has been proved for the second Season running not taking a chance means we are still in this Shite League
Bang on.
Old 5th May 2019, 07.08:10   #5-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Surely your gripe is with Barrow and not Hughes?

Did someone post on here that Hughes had the best win rate of the three managers this season; achieved with players he largely didn’t acquire.

I’m not saying he was the right choice and mistake haven’t been made but there needs to be a bit of context.

The style of football is a smokescreen because all supporters want is a team competing at the business end. The attendance stats back up that argument.
Old 5th May 2019, 07.38:22   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: 105r

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
More than bang on your absolutely right
Old 5th May 2019, 07.57:31   #7-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Not abject failure, but failure to be promoted, nevertheless.

We had a great opportunity to win the league but the period around Christmas scuppered those chances.

Is BH the right man to take us forward? No one yet knows; but without a good budget and the freedom to dictate the way forward we are unlikely to find out.

Changes need to be made; but a revolution would probably be counterproductive.
Old 5th May 2019, 08.00:26   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Flynhater, you are sooooooo correct. At Christmas, when we were top, most of us couldn’t believe it. But it was our chance to ramp it up by finding funds for good, experienced attacking players, AND find a manager of experience. We didn’t do this - lucky we got as close as we did. I was a bit deluded, telling my kids to book the London Hotel for mid May!
Hind sight is a great thing, but these are two elementary issues. Do we plough on with decision makers at our club, who made the wrong choices?
Old 5th May 2019, 08.05:20   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Changes need to be made; but a revolution would probably be counterproductive.
Fans want evolution not revolution. Ah ha.
Making the play offs was progress on the field. Further improvements needed this time. Can BH deliver?

Football board wise they will now curl up and hide behind the closed ranks and try to let it all pass. Any sub standard delivery and the knives will come out.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.33:10.