Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2019, 06.31:05   #51-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Scottish challenge cup 19/20

I'm a bit concerned that there are people who are thinking about this with anything other than abject horror.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th May 2019, 06.40:17   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
This. Nothing stopping us just sending a team of fringe players and youngsters up to sunny Scotland or wherever we have to go and seeing how they do. I'd keep the key players as far away from this as possible, I'm sure Bryan Hughes won't lose any sleep if we go out of this in the first round.
How about cost ?
Coach travel for a whole team and hangers on ?
Far flung Scotland or even Ireland - overnight stay - hotel accommodation ? the bill is mounting up, who pays for it ?

And if we're not arsed about going out in the first round why agree to enter it ?

If we enter and progress I suspect being a cup competition it will be treated the same way as the FA Trophy - our league fixtures could come second and suffer massive disruption - they would have to in order for the cup competition to progress smoothly and not hold up ties / rounds.
Old 12th May 2019, 07.00:45   #53-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

I suppose you need to look at Boreham Wood. Playoff finalists to 20th in the league this season. Of course, it’s not all down to the SCC but a contributing factor, no doubt. Sutton Utd, too.
Old 12th May 2019, 07.11:46   #54-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

I'm presuming this 'competition' is by invite only, if so, as a club that wants to get promoted I'm presuming that we will do the right thing and turn this down. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 12th May 2019, 07.50:01   #55-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I suppose you need to look at Boreham Wood. Playoff finalists to 20th in the league this season. Of course, itís not all down to the SCC but a contributing factor, no doubt. Sutton Utd, too.
Borehamwood played 1 game in the competition and Sutton United played twice to say the competition was a contributing factor to their final National League positions is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
Old 12th May 2019, 07.53:36   #56-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I'm presuming this 'competition' is by invite only, if so, as a club that wants to get promoted I'm presuming that we will do the right thing and turn this down. Thanks, but no thanks.
Everything I can see about it makes reference to National League accepting the invite so I am not sure he we can say no.
Old 12th May 2019, 07.57:02   #57-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
Borehamwood played 1 game in the competition and Sutton United played twice to say the competition was a contributing factor to their final National League positions is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
Fair point but footballers donít need excuses.
Old 12th May 2019, 08.00:06   #58-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I suppose you need to look at Boreham Wood. Playoff finalists to 20th in the league this season. Of course, itís not all down to the SCC but a contributing factor, no doubt. Sutton Utd, too.
Both of these teams rely on young loan players from Premier League and Championship clubs in the south so they never have the same teams from season to season. Also if any of there own players are any good they get snapped up by teams in higher divisions.
Old 12th May 2019, 08.05:42   #59-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

This thread is beyond depressing. We have fans who want to be involved in this? Really?
Old 12th May 2019, 08.14:33   #60-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

The trophy didn’t really halt either Orient or Flyde’s progress....

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.39:24.