RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113915-wrexham-afc-boss-bryan-hughes-admits-having-prolific-striker-could-have-been-helpful.html)

Phils-an-alki 8th May 2019 10.50:20

Re: Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful

[QUOTE=krux;2256113]this is true, but it creates pressure to find one next year. the leader can follow that one up in august.[/QUOTE]

So before this he wasn't under pressure to find one for next season but now he is?

Bustas Nads 8th May 2019 10.54:35

Re: Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful

how is this the media teams fault this time??/ its an interview with the Leader i.e. Rich Williams????

EnglishRed 8th May 2019 10.55:18

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256117]He has to talk to grubby spineless little newspapers like the leader and they then create these non stories. Its just guff and I don't read much into it.

Football manager in wanting prolific goal scorer shocker
Football manager saying a prolific goal scorer could have made a difference to our season.

There's far more important issues to be upset about.[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

Funny_Old_Game 8th May 2019 11.02:22

We won’t get one so dream on.

We haven’t had a prolific goalscorer for 25 years at this club, so why would we get one now? The Morrell season was a fluke. And before Bennett you have to go back to Rooster for a season or 2 and then to the likes of Whittle and McNeil in the 1970’s.

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th May 2019 11.06:05

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2256133]We won’t get one so dream on.

We haven’t had a prolific goalscorer for 25 years at this club, so why would we get one now? The Morrell season was a fluke. And before Bennett you have to go back to Rooster for a season or 2 and then to the likes of Whittle and McNeil in the 1970’s.[/QUOTE]

We have had smattering of good strikers over the years.

Danny Wright 15 goals
Jake Speight 21 goals
Andy Mangan 15 goals
Juan Ugarte 16 goals.

One of them would do!

Phils-an-alki 8th May 2019 11.09:17

You could see Moult was quality at this level too but we left him on the bench and played Bishop instead. I'm still not fully over that.

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th May 2019 11.11:16

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256137]You could see Moult was quality at this level too but we left him on the bench and played Bishop instead. I'm still not fully over that.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about him.

Andy Bishop. Oh god. I think I pushed that to the back of my mind. I was happy when we signed him as well.

Just goes to show, its a tricky game getting these strikers. It needs to drop right, he needs to click with the system you play etc.

pagl 8th May 2019 11.12:36

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256135]We have had smattering of good strikers over the years.

Danny Wright 15 goals
Jake Speight 21 goals
Andy Mangan 15 goals
Juan Ugarte 16 goals.

One of them would do![/QUOTE]

2 forwards 12-15 goals each would be a good return in this league with goals from other sources. The 1 striker 25 goals a season is just a myth, its not what we should be aiming for.

LlayDragon 8th May 2019 11.19:17

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256137]You could see Moult was quality at this level too but we left him on the bench and played Bishop instead. I'm still not fully over that.[/QUOTE]

We only got Moult because Wilkin knew there was a hole in his contract.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.08:02.