Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th May 2019, 15.17:50   #64-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
I'm not giving Hughes a free pass. I'm just stating there are a number of extenuating circumstances for him:

* Injuries to key players
* A team that can't play the attacking way he'd like them to

I don't blame Barrow for January... he should never have been put in that situation.
The main extenuating circumstance being him being out of his depth and that he should have never been anywhere near our 'long list', let alone shortlist of potential managers.

To actually get a 3 and a half year deal is beyond parody.

But yeah, let's keep happy clapping season after season of failure.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th May 2019, 15.28:13   #65-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Default Re: Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
The main extenuating circumstance being him being out of his depth and that he should have never been anywhere near our 'long list', let alone shortlist of potential managers.

To actually get a 3 and a half year deal is beyond parody.

But yeah, let's keep happy clapping season after season of failure.
Posted via mobile theme
You are such a wum…

Based on budget and everything else that's happened, I'm not sure how finishing just 5 points off top is failure. Unless any season without promotion is failure?

That said, there are many things we could have done better... most of which stem from the extremely poor decision to appoint Barrow.
Old 8th May 2019, 15.34:08   #66-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful

The failure was not to capitalise on the great first half of the season we had. The fact we made the PO's was a relative success in the self inflicted circumstances and was in spite of rather than because of things that happened.
I won't look back and remember this season as being successful though. The only thing we'll all never forget is the January circus act conducted by the board.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 8th May 2019 at 15.35:38..
Old 8th May 2019, 15.43:55   #67-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
You are such a wum…

Based on budget and everything else that's happened, I'm not sure how finishing just 5 points off top is failure. Unless any season without promotion is failure?

That said, there are many things we could have done better... most of which stem from the extremely poor decision to appoint Barrow.
Isn't every season without promotion at this level a failure?? I'd bloody well say so!

The day this club accepts being 4th in non league football, its gone for me.

Jesus, when did our standards drop so low??!!

The extremely poor appointments of both Barrow and now Hughes have consigned us to continual failure. At least Barrow bailed when he realised it wasn't happening. Hughes will no doubt get a pay off in about 6 months time and we'll be back to square one.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th May 2019, 16.33:33   #68-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Yeah, I mean when he said 'I don't want the managers job' the board must have misunderstood what he was saying.
Our board took the lazy option and went after the one person who stated clearly he wasn't interested just because he was already here.

You don't blame the unsuitable employee when they get given a job they should never have got, you blame the employer. But not here it seems!

Incredible stuff.
We offered it to him, he said no, we started looking elsewhere. Barrow turned round and told us he wanted a crack at it. AT THAT POINT IN TIME, it looked a solid appointment. Would allow us to have a bit of consistency and the players wanted to play for him. Then a few weeks in he decided he didnt want it. Barrow gets off with little to no blame here, and he should cop far more. He even said he was going to stay on as assistant manager.....before backing out of that.

Easy to say he is "unsuitable" after the fact isnt it.
Old 8th May 2019, 17.03:32   #69-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
We offered it to him, he said no, we started looking elsewhere. Barrow turned round and told us he wanted a crack at it. AT THAT POINT IN TIME, it looked a solid appointment. Would allow us to have a bit of consistency and the players wanted to play for him. Then a few weeks in he decided he didnt want it. Barrow gets off with little to no blame here, and he should cop far more. He even said he was going to stay on as assistant manager.....before backing out of that.

I think his acceptance was a holding ploy waiting for DL. Once he knew it wasnt happening he bailed. The board said they knew his decision for weeks.

Call my cynical but thats my opinion.
Old 8th May 2019, 18.07:58   #70-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

no shit sherlock , what a cock
Old 8th May 2019, 18.28:47   #71-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post

Pretty sure when Barrow was announced, most people were pissed off, bar the usual rose tinted specs brigade.

So hardly wise after the event when the appointment was widely critisized.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th May 2019, 18.30:46   #72-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Pretty sure when Barrow was announced, most people were pissed off, bar the usual rose tinted specs brigade.

So hardly wise after the event when the appointment was widely critisized.
Posted via mobile theme
Yup, I looked through the thread recently and there were incredibly few people who were even vaguely happy with the appointment. (Foolishly, I was one of the more optimistic ones!) Most people said at the time it was a bad idea.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.25:39.