RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Retained list OFFICIAL (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113916-retained-list-official.html)

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th May 2019 17.19:47

Re: Retained list OFFICIAL

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256396]The Manny Smith contract situation is ridiculous. When does this ever happen, where a player renews his contract and its kept a secret for months?

What else have they kept from us?

I'd imagine either Pearson or Lawlor is off reading between the lines and going by what crewered has said. If its Pearson we are in trouble.

As for us resigning a winger who's pretty terrible at what he's supposed to do, words fail me.

We should have transfer listed Wright and Grant. I don't see everyone offered deals resigning.

You can tell this is a rookies first retained list.[/QUOTE]

Soon as I seen Rutherford resigned I thought of you. He wont be on much, bet ya.

sparky 8th May 2019 17.20:01

[QUOTE=Haruki;2256312]I told everyone on here many times that Manny Smith had signed a new contract but the board had not told us about it.
Information is currency that the board use against us to keep us all in line and clapping in the same direction. When the WST bought the club we were told that being club owners meant we heard the news first. Now we here it when it suits the board and strengthens their position. If they feel the sheep need a good news story then they send one out.
Fans being manipulated by the board, Totally unacceptable[/QUOTE]

You did. Very odd that it was kept under wraps.

If those under contract stay, and those offered new deals sign, then it's all looking a bit one sided again.

Tharme has a big decision to make and Grant, well that's a talking point.

louisleftboot 8th May 2019 17.21:57

I remember Haruki mentioning Mannys deal, was it around the time Pearson signed his? Probably to prevent getting egg on face after he was ruled out for the season.

Part of me thinks, fair play Grant, he might be out to prove people wrong.

Phils-an-alki 8th May 2019 17.23:59

[QUOTE=Foxy;2256399]Rutherford deserves it, as does Carrington. Both are probably relatively cheap, good pros and can play in different systems and positions.[/QUOTE]

Carrington definitely does.
What wages are they both on by the way? Several people claiming they're cheap, you must know this info then.

I fail to see what Rutherford has done to deserve when he's supposed to be an attacker?

1984 8th May 2019 17.27:04

Rutherford 125 games - 6 goals
Need more than that mate

Phils-an-alki 8th May 2019 17.30:02

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256401]Soon as I seen Rutherford resigned I thought of you. He wont be on much, bet ya.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say as we'll never know how much he earns! and I don't care anyway because i can never ever understand the logic behind keeping someone who is shit at their job.
People need to actually start watching him play without being fooled by running. Saying that, if you can't see it after three seasons you probably never will.

I'm really trying my best not to type something i'll later regret here. :(

Screwe Alexander 8th May 2019 17.30:19

No way we can justify having 5 CBs on the books, especially when four of them would get into most other team's starting XI.

I wouldn't be surprised if Manny, Fondop and Grant are told they can find new clubs once preseason has started.

NewportRoadEnd 8th May 2019 17.30:40

Repeated disappointed comments on keeping the ‘core’ of the squad.

Weird.

Keeping the core of a squad that got our first playoff spot in 6 years and some tinkering round the edges, hopefully a bit of creativity in midfield and some pace out wide sounds like some continuity and evolution to me. Exactly what we want.

EnglishRed 8th May 2019 17.32:45

[QUOTE=Foxy;2256399]Rutherford deserves it, as does Carrington. Both are probably relatively cheap, good pros and can play in different systems and positions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge Rutherford fan, and if he'd have gone I wouldn't have been too bother. But people always point at his goal and assist return as if that's the only thing. I can think of a few games (the Newport home game being an obvious one) where his movement disrupted other teams and caused them a lot of problems (I can also think of games where he was crap or anonymous but that's non league football) in fact he's usually been more effective when he's played in a more central position as he's a pretty ineffective winger. I sometimes wonder if people actually watch games.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.58:09.