Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th May 2019, 20.16:20   #154-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list OFFICIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Take away the players under contract and there aren't many of:

Rob Lainton
James Jennings
Mark Carrington
Luke Summerfield
Doug Tharme
Kieran Kennedy

Who don't deserve a new contract surely? I know some people want shut of Summerfield but for large periods of the season he was put best midfielder.

I don't reckon all those will stay anyway. But with th eplayers we've got left and half a dozen additions we should be capable of at least matching our league position.
If we’re playing with 3 central midfielders, I’d say we need at least 5 who can play there so Summerfield, Young, Wright, Carrington, Rutherford and a marquee signing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Walker becomes available in September if he’s nowhere near the Slops’ starting XI.
Old 8th May 2019, 20.20:03   #155-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
I’m happy enough with that.

Rutherford will play 40 games next season though.
And they that’s our issue. So many times players such as him are seen as ‘squad’ players during pre-season and then he ends up playing most games. He isn’t good enough if we want to win the league.

On the other hand great to think we don’t have to watch Kevin Roberts again.
Old 8th May 2019, 20.32:39   #156-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
the money Grant must be on,has got to be L1 amount,
dont talk rubbish... we wont pay L1 wages,

My 2pence worth....

No real suprises apart from Grant for our retained list... as somebody above said we finished within touching distance of the title... so if 2-3 reject offers.. and the ones already gone... 4-6 new signings will be all we need. some of you acting like we finished just above relegation zone and needed a whole new squad... give your head a wobble please.

as fo Manny Smith.. again lots using this as an exscuse to have a dig at the board... are any of you actually bothered Manny has signed a new deal ? I personally im Happy with him doing so... as a fit Manny is class defender at this level
Old 8th May 2019, 20.35:37   #157-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: GUS

The five CBs is interesting. Could be Lawlor moving forward into the 'Brad Walker' role which he played at Guiseley? Or as others have said 3 at the back or Kennedy RB.
Old 8th May 2019, 20.44:38   #158-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
dont talk rubbish... we wont pay L1 wages,

My 2pence worth....

No real suprises apart from Grant for our retained list... as somebody above said we finished within touching distance of the title... so if 2-3 reject offers.. and the ones already gone... 4-6 new signings will be all we need. some of you acting like we finished just above relegation zone and needed a whole new squad... give your head a wobble please.

as fo Manny Smith.. again lots using this as an exscuse to have a dig at the board... are any of you actually bothered Manny has signed a new deal ?
I personally im Happy with him doing so... as a fit Manny is class defender at this level
I’m sure lots of people are happy that Manny’s signed a new deal. It doesn’t make it any less odd that we weren’t told at the time, though.
Old 8th May 2019, 21.40:18   #159-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Let’s be honest, it’s a big kick in the bollocks we have to witness Grant and Rutherford’s ineptitude again next year, the same could be said about Akil. I love the old ‘there’s a player in there’ bollocks about Grant, no there isn’t.

We can’t have Pearson, Manny and Lawlor on the books either, we need to offload at least one, wouldn’t rule out manny moving to the midlands or even back to Notts County.

Hopefully Summerfield decides to move on because I don’t think he’s good enough and offers nothing in the goals department, you always need one midfielder with the ability to score 10+ goals imo.

We now need two forwards who can stick the ball in the back of the net, at least one wide attacking player, two if we’re honest, one or two creative midfielders and a right wing back.

Over to you Brian.
Agree apart from 2nd paragraph,might play 3 centre backs with Kennedy a right-wing back.
Summerfield has gone nothing since Christmas so a very lucky boy to offered new terms.Should be pay as you play element but that would probably be too sensible.
Old 8th May 2019, 21.52:59   #160-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Rutherford apart I’m happy. As I’ve mentioned before too I do think we should have offload a centre half, they’re all of good quality but must all be on decent money that can be spent elsewhere.

Still think there’s a player in Bobby Grant, something tells me you dont make 100 appearances for a decent League One outfit by mistake. Just hope Yozzer gets the best out of him.

Either that or Grant has pictures of Yozzer on his phone that he doesn’t want the world to see.
Old 8th May 2019, 21.57:49   #161-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Spurs and liverpool have both shown that attack wins over defence at the end of the day we need to put the emphasis on attacking football, which I doubt will ever be the case with the current setup.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.17:24   #162-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I thought someone reckoned Grant was very unhappy with things at the club? Yet he's opted to sign on for another year? Either the poster was talking rubbish (based on instinct I don't think that's the case and I can't see what they'd gain from lying) or Grant is on very good money here hence him signing on regardless on his feelings towards the club. He dropped from league one to come here so it's a fair assumption he's on a good wedge. Fondop was signed as our no 9 last year so I doubt he's that cheap either and I can't see Oswell being on bad money either having dropped a division. The picture building is that our three strikers we have already signed on for next season are on very good money which is worrying as it makes me doubt how much cash we have to improve our forward line.

The CB situation is another weird one. With Pearson, Smith and Lawlor already signed up, offering contracts to both Tharme and Kennedy suggests we're either going to be playing 3 CBs or we expect one of them to be off. I already suspected Pearson won't be here next season and I'm now more sure of this. I suppose the question is, would that be a price worth paying if it freed up some cash for a better attacking player? Despite Pearson's standing in the game, I think it would be worth it, assuming we had a fully fit Manny Smith to call on next season, alongside Lawlor with Kennedy/Tharme as backups. It would be a tough call but something needs to change.

Aside from the above, I agree with most of the list barring the obvious one (Rutherford). I'd be perfectly happy with him as a squad back up, say the 20th choice in a squad of 22 but I have a feeling he's going to play every week again and we need better.

If Lainton signed on and we got that elusive '20 goal' striker, I'd feel confident that everything else could follow but that's a very big 'if'.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.02:24.