Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th May 2019, 22.18:28   #163-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Amazing to see Leo Smith’s contract finally come to an end. It’s been so long - I think John Major was Prime Minister when he first signed. I wonder why he was given such a long contract .
PR stunt.

It’s ok though, he just needs a few more loans at Llandudno and he’ll be ready for the first team.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.19:24   #164-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Default Re: Retained list OFFICIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Spurs and liverpool have both shown that attack wins over defence at the end of the day we need to put the emphasis on attacking football, which I doubt will ever be the case with the current setup.
It’s a great argument however, you’re sadly wrong...and not for the first time.

In the last 10 seasons, only Fleetwood and Luton have managed 100 goals (that’s a touch over 2 a game).

What gets you out of this league is a bloody good defence. Stolen from another sport: “Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.”
Old 8th May 2019, 22.20:05   #165-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It’s a great argument however, you’re sadly wrong...and not for the first time.

In the last 10 seasons, only Fleetwood and Luton have managed 100 goals (that’s a touch over 2 a game).

What gets you out of this league is a bloody good defence. Stolen from another sport: “Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.”
Well it's not working for us is it.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.20:52   #166-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Makes Hughes decisions even more baffling

Drop Jennings when he was our best player and play Carrington for the last few games of the season

Then drop Carrington to play Jennings in the playoffs

And keep on playing an incredibly poor Kevin Roberts instead of playing Carrington, clearly he preferred KR

Only to then release Roberts and offer Carrington a contract

Delighted Roberts has left though
Absolutely baffling init. Massive alarm bells should be ringing now.

Roberts and Holroyd will have known weeks ago that they weren’t getting new deals, so why the fcuk would you pick them to start the playoff match? Explains why Roberts didn’t give a single shit for the last 2 months of the season though.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.22:26   #167-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
I thought someone reckoned Grant was very unhappy with things at the club? Yet he's opted to sign on for another year? Either the poster was talking rubbish (based on instinct I don't think that's the case and I can't see what they'd gain from lying) or Grant is on very good money here hence him signing on regardless on his feelings towards the club. He dropped from league one to come here so it's a fair assumption he's on a good wedge. Fondop was signed as our no 9 last year so I doubt he's that cheap either and I can't see Oswell being on bad money either having dropped a division. The picture building is that our three strikers we have already signed on for next season are on very good money which is worrying as it makes me doubt how much cash we have to improve our forward line.

The CB situation is another weird one. With Pearson, Smith and Lawlor already signed up, offering contracts to both Tharme and Kennedy suggests we're either going to be playing 3 CBs or we expect one of them to be off. I already suspected Pearson won't be here next season and I'm now more sure of this. I suppose the question is, would that be a price worth paying if it freed up some cash for a better attacking player? Despite Pearson's standing in the game, I think it would be worth it, assuming we had a fully fit Manny Smith to call on next season, alongside Lawlor with Kennedy/Tharme as backups. It would be a tough call but something needs to change.

Aside from the above, I agree with most of the list barring the obvious one (Rutherford). I'd be perfectly happy with him as a squad back up, say the 20th choice in a squad of 22 but I have a feeling he's going to play every week again and we need better.

If Lainton signed on and we got that elusive '20 goal' striker, I'd feel confident that everything else could follow but that's a very big 'if'.
From a source who is reliable, Fondop is on £800 a week and it was rising to £900 if he scored more than 10 goals for the season!
Old 8th May 2019, 22.23:49   #168-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post

Roberts and Holroyd will have known weeks ago that they weren’t getting new deals, so why the fcuk would you pick them to start the playoff match? Explains why Roberts didn’t give a single shit for the last 2 months of the season though.
I think Roberts has not played well at all since I cant remember. I always thought he looked weak going forward. He can't cross a ball. Certainly would not have been my first choice RB.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.36:12   #169-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post

If true this just shows we’re massively in the crap with our manager, what the hell where they thinking or possibly they just weren’t thinking.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.37:43   #170-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

More than happy with the retained list. I'd of kept Rutherford and Carra but purely on a squad filling role. Get a quality RB in who flies up and down and our defence is there.

One class midfielder and we are good to go there too. I also see Summerfield going. So may be we will see 2 new midfielders.

Glad Grant is staying, if we can get 2 more quality forwards in. Big if I know bit if we do manage that, we will see Grants real quality.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.54:43   #171-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
When did manny smith sign? He’s been injured all season?

Around the same time as Pearson apparently but we weren't important enough to be told.

Not really shocked with this and look forward to another season of boring hoofball with one up front probably someone about 5 ft on his own nobody near him.

It's the midfield that bothers me Summerfield who looks to be injury prone Akil Wright like someone off Dancing on ice who can't skate and ends up on his arse more than on his feet a dreadful non footballer.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.53:34.