Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2019, 13.35:21   #262-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list OFFICIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
So the updated list of contracted players is as follows (I think):

Bobby Grant
Luke Young
Christian Dibble
Manny Smith
Shaun Pearson
Jake Lawlor
Akil Wright
Mike Fondop
Jason Oswell
Doug Tharme
Mark Carrington
Paul Rutherford
Matty Sargent
Jack Thorn

Still TBC
Rob Lainton
James Jennings
Luke Summerfield
Kieran Kennedy

14 definites and 4 maybes. Hughes said he wanted 22 players so that's potentially as little as 4 new signings, although that's dependant on Lainton re-signing and I'm assuming he could get a deal in L1/L2, so probably more likely to end up around 6 signings. We really need to be aiming for a Keates-esqe midfielder, someone like Tollitt's level on the wing and a Moult/Mangan/Speight quality signing up top. Big ask and probably not going to happen but without it, I really don't see us going up.
Of the 14 definites, I can see a few leaving on loan, so we're probably sign a few more than 4 players
Old 16th May 2019, 13.40:26   #263-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Every summer the manager tells us he wants a small squad full of quality over quantity and it never happens.
We always end up with a large squad packed out with freebies and loan players that never play. Wasting money season after season.
Old 16th May 2019, 13.40:43   #264-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Good. I don’t know why we don’t just call him the first choice RB, we always seem to be looking for someone else.
Fully agree but the usual suspects will complain.
Old 16th May 2019, 13.48:20   #265-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

I hope the manager is true to his word and does go for quality.

We have some good young players coming through who could be given a chance if we have a run of injuries or suspensions.......

Bang average quantity will not do next season.
Old 16th May 2019, 13.56:38   #266-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
I hope the manager is true to his word and does go for quality.

We have some good young players coming through who could be given a chance if we have a run of injuries or suspensions.......

Bang average quantity will not do next season.
It doesn't do any season, one of the reasons we're still down here. Yet the club doesn't learn and just carries on doing the same things that ultimately end in failure.

It makes you wonder if the managers here are in total control of signings, as what they say in the summer and what actually happens over the season are miles apart.
Old 16th May 2019, 13.58:35   #267-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Who? I don't remember anyone moaning about him at RB.

I agree just make him the number one RB and be done with it. Yes he's no Roberto Carlos going forward but if the midfield, strikers/wingers are sorted out he doesn't need to be.
Old 16th May 2019, 13.59:51   #268-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
They will, I am happy as he’s been the most consistent performer for last few seasons now and I have defended him since day one as he’s a proper footballer.
Old 16th May 2019, 14.17:26   #269-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Who? I don't remember anyone moaning about him at RB.

I agree just make him the number one RB and be done with it. Yes he's no Roberto Carlos going forward but if the midfield, strikers/wingers are sorted out he doesn't need to be.
Yeah, I have no problem with him taking the regular RB slot. Keeps him away from the midfield!
Old 16th May 2019, 14.21:14   #270-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Good news about Carrington, we would miss him if he left. Also think he’s good enough to be first choice right back, save some funds for better attacking players.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.25:51.