RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Midfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113919-midfield.html)

Emu D 8th May 2019 20.17:13

Midfield

So potentially from a midfield that simply has not been good enough last season and was only held together by walker who has gone to Shrewsbury we have only released deverdicks and Augustin both of whom barely featured anyway. :eek: that is a major worry.

Alan Attack 8th May 2019 20.19:10

Re: Midfield

Young and Wright are under contract

Emu D 8th May 2019 20.23:16

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2256520]Young and Wright are under contract[/QUOTE]

Yes I know but we have elected to keep others who are not. summerfield’s injuries and stamina for a season would mean that I would have released him. carrington has also had injury issues so for me it would have been him or Rutherford not both

Alan Attack 8th May 2019 20.31:42

[QUOTE=Emu D;2256522]Yes I know but we have elected to keep others who are not. summerfield’s injuries and stamina for a season would mean that I would have released him. carrington has also had injury issues so for me it would have been him or Rutherford not both[/QUOTE]

It’s difficult to argue your points so I won’t!

I made a point last night about playing blackjack and getting a 17. Carrington is quite remarkable. He’s been offered contracts by about 5 different managers

paddockgraham 8th May 2019 21.06:08

Carrington is excellent cover for either fullback position and midfield, a true professional, its a no brainer, on a low wage as his wife is minted hes not bothered and plays for the love of the club, in some games this season he was outstanding at the back

panda23 8th May 2019 21.52:07

A single midfield signing can totally transform the midfield balance, just needs to be the right player, good luck Bryan.

Lods 8th May 2019 21.59:01

A midfielder will likely be high on Hughes' shopping list for the summer. To be fair, if I had to ask somebody to pick me a dynamic central midfielder Hughes would be a decent pick given the way he played.

joe 8th May 2019 22.02:52

Of the current crop can only see Young being a regular. Summerfield won’t play 40+ games and you should think Wright will be a squad player next season.

EnglishRed 8th May 2019 22.41:29

Young is a good player. Personally I don't mind Wright (I know that's not a common view) Summerfield may or may not re-sign. But there is definitely the need for some midfield signings. We need to replace Walker. I think the fact Hughes brought Agustien in shows he was aware of the midfield deficiencies

I've got faith Hughes knows the sort of players he wants.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.16:19.