Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th May 2019, 20.17:13   #1-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Midfield

So potentially from a midfield that simply has not been good enough last season and was only held together by walker who has gone to Shrewsbury we have only released deverdicks and Augustin both of whom barely featured anyway. that is a major worry.
Old 8th May 2019, 20.19:10   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Default Re: Midfield

Young and Wright are under contract
Old 8th May 2019, 20.23:16   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Young and Wright are under contract
Yes I know but we have elected to keep others who are not. summerfield’s injuries and stamina for a season would mean that I would have released him. carrington has also had injury issues so for me it would have been him or Rutherford not both
Old 8th May 2019, 20.31:42   #4-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu D View Post
Yes I know but we have elected to keep others who are not. summerfield’s injuries and stamina for a season would mean that I would have released him. carrington has also had injury issues so for me it would have been him or Rutherford not both
It’s difficult to argue your points so I won’t!

I made a point last night about playing blackjack and getting a 17. Carrington is quite remarkable. He’s been offered contracts by about 5 different managers
Old 8th May 2019, 21.06:08   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

Carrington is excellent cover for either fullback position and midfield, a true professional, its a no brainer, on a low wage as his wife is minted hes not bothered and plays for the love of the club, in some games this season he was outstanding at the back
Old 8th May 2019, 21.52:07   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

A single midfield signing can totally transform the midfield balance, just needs to be the right player, good luck Bryan.
Old 8th May 2019, 21.59:01   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

A midfielder will likely be high on Hughes' shopping list for the summer. To be fair, if I had to ask somebody to pick me a dynamic central midfielder Hughes would be a decent pick given the way he played.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.02:52   #8-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Of the current crop can only see Young being a regular. Summerfield won’t play 40+ games and you should think Wright will be a squad player next season.
Old 8th May 2019, 22.41:29   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Young is a good player. Personally I don't mind Wright (I know that's not a common view) Summerfield may or may not re-sign. But there is definitely the need for some midfield signings. We need to replace Walker. I think the fact Hughes brought Agustien in shows he was aware of the midfield deficiencies

I've got faith Hughes knows the sort of players he wants.
Old 9th May 2019, 07.35:51   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
Carrington is excellent cover for either fullback position and midfield, a true professional, its a no brainer, on a low wage as his wife is minted hes not bothered and plays for the love of the club, in some games this season he was outstanding at the back
Agree with keeping Carrington on and tbh there was quite a few games where he should have been RB over Roberts.

Don't agree with offering Sumerfield a contract. Injury prone and as seen in the PO game when he came off we played a lot better.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.03:53.