RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113922-manny-smith-contract-secret-what-else-they-hiding.html)

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th May 2019 09.41:20

Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

I think there is a dead body under the pitch. Pass it on.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.07:09

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256666]I think there is a dead body under the pitch. Pass it on.[/QUOTE]

Fingers in ears this morning? Lets pretend this is normal and not a big deal. Easy to take the piss isn't it. Its also easy to sweep stuff like this under the carpet when in actual fact its extremely concerning.

My suggestions for next seasons hash tag; #rogueboard or #accountabletonoone or #weloveapathy or #apathykeepsusinpower

Ooh aah Paskin 9th May 2019 10.15:04

The problem with Manny's contract is when it was actually signed. If he signed it before he got injured (so pretty early on in the season) then why not announce it? Manny getting injured was bad luck and that can't be construed as the Board's fault in any way, it would just be unfortunate.

However, if Manny signed this contract AFTER he was injured possibly on the advice that a return to playing was forecast (in fact he did play but relapsed) then the issues arise. I still have no issue with them offering him an extension if, at the time, he was expected to fully recover and play a part even if this was after his injury. But it should have been announced.

Hindsight would show it was a possible mistake but injuries are weird things, no-one can really tell how they will heal.

IMO not announcing this at the time or even when Shaun's was announced makes it look like the Board are hiding something. They may have got a bit of stick over it given the current circumstances but failing to highlight it until the retained list smacks of a cover up.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to find out the contract was only just offered post Christmas!

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.15:54

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256661]The board keeping secrets isn't up for debate, its fact. This isn't the only thing they kept from fans as has been pointed out on this thread.

A player signing a new deal isn't going to be a secret from their team mates. That's ridiculous. I think you are desperate to try and excuse the board for this and it shows when you get all defensive as you have done above. NO ONE has said you have to agree with anything. No one.[/QUOTE]

You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.17:06

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256685]You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views[/QUOTE]

Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.18:47

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256686]Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?[/QUOTE]

Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.21:38

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256687]Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.[/QUOTE]

Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.27:50

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256691]Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?[/QUOTE]

What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.32:45

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256692]What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later[/QUOTE]

You are one confused child aren't you. Bit late to go into school now. Tried to be civil but you had to resort to being a complete **** so I've lowered myself to your 'can't debate so I'll go on the attack level'.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.43:39.