Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2019, 10.15:04   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

The problem with Manny's contract is when it was actually signed. If he signed it before he got injured (so pretty early on in the season) then why not announce it? Manny getting injured was bad luck and that can't be construed as the Board's fault in any way, it would just be unfortunate.

However, if Manny signed this contract AFTER he was injured possibly on the advice that a return to playing was forecast (in fact he did play but relapsed) then the issues arise. I still have no issue with them offering him an extension if, at the time, he was expected to fully recover and play a part even if this was after his injury. But it should have been announced.

Hindsight would show it was a possible mistake but injuries are weird things, no-one can really tell how they will heal.

IMO not announcing this at the time or even when Shaun's was announced makes it look like the Board are hiding something. They may have got a bit of stick over it given the current circumstances but failing to highlight it until the retained list smacks of a cover up.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to find out the contract was only just offered post Christmas!
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.15:54   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
The board keeping secrets isn't up for debate, its fact. This isn't the only thing they kept from fans as has been pointed out on this thread.

A player signing a new deal isn't going to be a secret from their team mates. That's ridiculous. I think you are desperate to try and excuse the board for this and it shows when you get all defensive as you have done above. NO ONE has said you have to agree with anything. No one.
You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.17:06   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views
Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.18:47   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?
Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.21:38   #25-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.
Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.27:50   #26-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?
What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 10.32:45   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later
You are one confused child aren't you. Bit late to go into school now. Tried to be civil but you had to resort to being a complete **** so I've lowered myself to your 'can't debate so I'll go on the attack level'.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 11.04:01   #28-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
KingBuxton_Forever red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Real Name: Stu
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Fingers in ears this morning? Lets pretend this is normal and not a big deal. Easy to take the piss isn't it. Its also easy to sweep stuff like this under the carpet when in actual fact its extremely concerning.

My suggestions for next seasons hash tag; #rogueboard or #accountabletonoone or #weloveapathy or #apathykeepsusinpower
There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 11.13:05   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. No because this isn't the only information they have withheld from fans. Other examples mentioned on this thread.
So they've now demonstrated that they are prepared to withhold information from the "owners" to suit themselves and protect themselves, not the club.

Hardly fits in with their transparent claim does it?

It seems apathy has well and truly set in with some fans. If you try and hold them to account all you get is abuse and attacked or told to 'do something about it then' nonsense.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 11.18:03   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.
The alternative view could be that better and more experienced players signing extensions could encourage others to consider staying.
Plus it was announced there was an extension option of a year for Grant but that wasnt hushed up. Same principal in that it could have pissed some players off who also wanted extensions.

The point being made is the info was being kept for the bad news days.
Barrows extension only announced after SR decided to leave.

Varying opinions are fine its the toe the party line that people question.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.07:30.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13