RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113922-manny-smith-contract-secret-what-else-they-hiding.html)

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th May 2019 11.04:01

Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256679]Fingers in ears this morning? Lets pretend this is normal and not a big deal. Easy to take the piss isn't it. Its also easy to sweep stuff like this under the carpet when in actual fact its extremely concerning.

My suggestions for next seasons hash tag; #rogueboard or #accountabletonoone or #weloveapathy or #apathykeepsusinpower[/QUOTE]

There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 11.13:05

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256701]There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. No because this isn't the only information they have withheld from fans. Other examples mentioned on this thread.
So they've now demonstrated that they are prepared to withhold information from the "owners" to suit themselves and protect themselves, not the club.

Hardly fits in with their transparent claim does it?

It seems apathy has well and truly set in with some fans. If you try and hold them to account all you get is abuse and attacked or told to 'do something about it then' nonsense.

pagl 9th May 2019 11.18:03

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256687]Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.[/QUOTE]

The alternative view could be that better and more experienced players signing extensions could encourage others to consider staying.
Plus it was announced there was an extension option of a year for Grant but that wasnt hushed up. Same principal in that it could have pissed some players off who also wanted extensions.

The point being made is the info was being kept for the bad news days.
Barrows extension only announced after SR decided to leave.

Varying opinions are fine its the toe the party line that people question.

Answer Release 9th May 2019 11.18:47

With Pearson, Lawler and Smith now contracted and offers out to Kennedy and Tharme it would suggest to me that one of the currently contracted players is off or they're not expecting Tharme, Kennedy or both to sign.

Perhaps keeping the Smith contract quiet somehow relates to departures, i.e. Pearson.

LWR 9th May 2019 11.20:05

Its exactly this sort of situatuion that p1sses the fans off.

No reason whatsoever not to announce it.

Massive own goal. And simply disillusions people.

andy buckley 9th May 2019 11.24:57

[QUOTE=LWR;2256714]Its exactly this sort of situatuion that p1sses the fans off.

No reason whatsoever not to announce it.

Massive own goal. And simply disillusions people.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were staying off the main board lol

René Higuita 9th May 2019 11.29:20

how do people have faith in the board anymore, it's beyond belief.

fezbob 9th May 2019 11.45:47

I'm not sure it's part of some grand conspiracy or is even a huge deal in itself, but it is indicative of the way the club seeks to use information as currency.

Liverpool Red 9th May 2019 11.52:40

There'll be plenty that's gone on in the corridors of power. You only have to think back to the mysterious departures of Bircham, Horne and Law.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.21:14.