Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2019, 19.46:59   #73-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrell34 View Post
It was a simple comment piece about some of what was said on social media. I never suggested it was all or even most fans, but in the current climate felt it was a point worth making. People are free to disagree

I don’t know - I’m not on the board. I’m assuming at the time they felt under pressure because the season could easily have been de-railed by it all, they thihhht they were going to get Lawrence, only they know - but it wasn’t handled well and I said so.

I’ve not blamed fans anywhere. I wasn’t supportive of appointing Hughes.

My colleagues in sport cover the club so it’s not something I have a great deal to do with. I’ve only ever had cause to speak to directors on a handful of occasions. Once was John Mills in 2017 about the rumours that takeover and investment bids had been rejected, and he was very honest and open about what bids had been received and why nothing had done to fruition. I’m sure tha piece is still online somewhere.

As I’ve said, if people so animated about the mistakes or incompetence or ‘circus’ this season feel they or someone they know would do better, why notput yourselves forward.
I am sure there are people who would like to put themselves forward but can't. I would love to but work fulltime, have 2 kids to ferry around, coach 2 football teams, 2 other voluntary roles linked to my job,and football scouting, I simply couldn't do it, I don't have time. That doesn't mean I cant criticise or give an opinion. It's just a really poor comeback.
Old 9th May 2019, 19.50:20   #74-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
more witchhunts....

next you will be wanting to know if and when BH takes a piss.
just ask Darlo
Old 9th May 2019, 19.53:41   #75-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

People saying Manny was given a deal prior to him getting injured. He was injured in August. I doubt we were offering extensions a few weeks into the season
Old 9th May 2019, 20.10:23   #76-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
I am sure there are people who would like to put themselves forward but can't. I would love to but work fulltime, have 2 kids to ferry around, coach 2 football teams, 2 other voluntary roles linked to my job,and football scouting, I simply couldn't do it, I don't have time. That doesn't mean I cant criticise or give an opinion. It's just a really poor comeback.
But is it though? With all respect for your personal circumstances BB If some people think so strongly enough about it ,I cant see why they cannot encourage a like minded friend/friends to stand , if thats what it takes!
I have been Chairman of a bowls club a few years ago ,and if we had members who complained about this and that ,or whatever ,rightly or wrongly , I would always encourage them to make the things they want to happen -actually happen ,by attending commitees , or volunteering to assist in however way small that might be !
If they can communicate intelligently and stick up for themselves , it would work !
Comparing Wrexham to that is a leap ,but the principles are the same !
Old 9th May 2019, 20.20:16   #77-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Morrell34, thanks for taking time to reply and explain.
I agree that abuse isnt called for but constructive criticism and questions should be encouraged because if handled correctly should help to improve things.

You dont say where criticism should be directed and its clear big mistakes were made in January yet no questions have been answered. As a balanced view an article on Januarys events and an explanation would be good.
In addition have they sorted the leak problem?
No problem. I think we’re on the same page here - I absolutely agree there is a place for constructive criticism and questions and they should be directed at the board, manager and players. There is plenty I haven’t been happy with myself this season - from the Barrow fiasco the latest being the handling of the junior cup finals.

I’m not above criticism myself and some fair points have been made here, and maybe I could use my position to do more (although I prefer to ‘enjoy’ just being a supporter). Around the time I spoke to John a couple of years ago about the investment and takeover rumours the idea of a regular WST column was mooted as a way to keep people in the loop on a regular basis, spread the word to non-members, and counter or firm up rumours - that is maybe something I could pursue again, just to open up another regular channel of communication.
Old 9th May 2019, 21.45:01   #78-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
But is it though? With all respect for your personal circumstances BB If some people think so strongly enough about it ,I cant see why they cannot encourage a like minded friend/friends to stand , if thats what it takes!
I have been Chairman of a bowls club a few years ago ,and if we had members who complained about this and that ,or whatever ,rightly or wrongly , I would always encourage them to make the things they want to happen -actually happen ,by attending commitees , or volunteering to assist in however way small that might be !
If they can communicate intelligently and stick up for themselves , it would work !
Comparing Wrexham to that is a leap ,but the principles are the same !

Hows the bowls manager doing? We can keep an eye on him for a future manager.

Joking aside a lot of people like has been stated are not in a position to stand, could have family commitments, be like me live a long way from the club, be retired etc hence why the reply of stand yourself gets laughed at, on top of that they have to be business minded.

The real reason some fans have had enough of the board is they never admit their mistakes.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th May 2019, 23.19:04   #79-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
I’m at a loss trying to understand some very strange decisions over the last few years. So much so that I intend to go and watch premier league football next season. I really do feel despondent about Wrexham both on and off the field.
The definition of a glory hunter.
Old 10th May 2019, 00.46:39   #80-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

What’s the reason for even keeping it secret ? What are they hoping to achieve. Amateur hour again....
Old 10th May 2019, 01.37:52   #81-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

I'm left confused, depressed and bemused by this football club and in certain the board.

In actually surprised there hasn't been a bigger uproar about how they've dealt with this. After all the cock ups they've done through the season which has in the end cost us of winning the league. This happens to make them look even more like a bunch of amateurs who have no clue what they are doing.

I honestly can't see a plausible excuses as to why they wouldn't announce it. Strange indeed.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.20:37.