Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2019, 16.06:43   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Well according to Rory Sheehan (whoever he is) your having a go at the wrong people - he doesnt actually say who the right people are so seems very misinformed.

The meeting shows yet another poor judgement call and IMO another instance of Barrow being coerced to hide the truth. The whole January fiasco is the fault of the football board and has damaged reputations.
Lost all credibility in my eyes and will affect my attendance.
I don’t go to matches as much as I used to anyway. I’ve been disillusioned with all the shenanigans going on in secret for a while now.

The best way that I can show my disdain for what’s going on is to cancel my WST membership which I will probably do. There are far worthier causes out there to help than the WST.
Old 9th May 2019, 16.15:32   #56-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Well according to Rory Sheehan (whoever he is) your having a go at the wrong people - he doesnt actually say who the right people are so seems very misinformed.

The meeting shows yet another poor judgement call and IMO another instance of Barrow being coerced to hide the truth. The whole January fiasco is the fault of the football board and has damaged reputations.
Lost all credibility in my eyes and will affect my attendance.
That would be me. Long-term fan, season-ticket holder, WST member, long-term but lapsed poster on RP etc. I'd argue I'm fairly well informed. Fezbob and Rob can vouch for me.

If people read the piece they'll see I'm not saying the board are perfect, and certainly made clear they are not above criticism - just that some of the flak one of two board members have taken on social media has seemed to stray over the line a bit this season. That's just my opinion. Some may argue it comes with the territory. That's their opinion.

Don't think anyone should really be a target for heavy mass criticism.
We have no divine right to get promoted but we should expect to be challenging and we were from early on, and the board would have been planning to start and finish the season with Sam Ricketts in charge.
But they had to react as soon as he even entertained the idea of going to Shrewsbury and destabilised things. I don't agree with the decisions they made thereafter, but whatever they chose to do from that point would not have guaranteed us promotion.
Old 9th May 2019, 16.30:10   #57-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrell34 View Post
That would be me. Long-term fan, season-ticket holder, WST member, long-term but lapsed poster on RP etc. I'd argue I'm fairly well informed. Fezbob and Rob can vouch for me.

If people read the piece they'll see I'm not saying the board are perfect, and certainly made clear they are not above criticism - just that some of the flak one of two board members have taken on social media has seemed to stray over the line a bit this season. That's just my opinion. Some may argue it comes with the territory. That's their opinion.

We have no divine right to get promoted but we should expect to be challenging and we were from early on, and the board would have been planning to start and finish the season with Sam Ricketts in charge.
But they had to react as soon as he even entertained the idea of going to Shrewsbury and destabilised things. I don't agree with the decisions they made thereafter, but whatever they chose to do from that point would not have guaranteed us promotion.
So basically what you are saying is no one is accountable at the club and its just all bad luck. Please.

Who has ever stated we have a divine right to be promoted?

The lack of criticism you and your colleague's are too scared to aim in the direction of the club is damning.
If you didn't agree with the decisions they made after why haven't you said so to provide some sort of balanced view. Its a totally biased and unbalanced piece and zooming in on a few crackpots who abuse people on social media is side stepping the real issues.

I urge you to write an article that looks at this season and asks some tough questions of the board with regards to their decision making.
Even during our dark days this paper was shameful in its actions.
Old 9th May 2019, 16.41:22   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:

All your article seems to say is that personal abuse on social media is wrong. No review of the board's Decision making. Nor do you say who the right people fans should be directing their anger at. You also don’t state anywhere that it’s a minority of fans giving directors personal abuse.

As you say though, it’s just your opinion.
Old 9th May 2019, 16.44:11   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
So basically what you are saying is no one is accountable at the club and its just all bad luck. Please.

Who has ever stated we have a divine right to be promoted?

The lack of criticism you and your colleague's are too scared to aim in the direction of the club is damning.
If you didn't agree with the decisions they made after why haven't you said so to provide some sort of balanced view. Its a totally biased and unbalanced piece and zooming in on a few crackpots who abuse people on social media is side stepping the real issues.

I urge you to write an article that looks at this season and asks some tough questions of the board with regards to their decision making.
Even during our dark days this paper was shameful in its actions.
Can't be too harsh, they've bill's to pay like we all do. Club board decide you're over critical stirring up trouble - doesn't take much to upset them -, they ban you from the club.

Some other brown noser will step in right away, it's not right but that's how it's done, more so at Wrexham.
Old 9th May 2019, 16.56:08   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:

Criticism is fine.... board members after some shocking decisions and a clear lack of transparency, they should expect to receive it. It does need to be put in a constructive way.

Personal insults and abuse is unacceptable.

The Barrow saga and now the Manny Smith contract timing have not been given any reasoning from the the football club board, to the owners of the club. It does make you wonder what else is being held back from the minions that pay on the gate.

I’m at a loss trying to understand some very strange decisions over the last few years. So much so that I intend to go and watch premier league football next season. I really do feel despondent about Wrexham both on and off the field.

Last edited by Percy Sugden; 9th May 2019 at 16.57:48..
Old 9th May 2019, 17.26:06   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

You say they had to act as soon as Ricketts said he was going, fair point so why did the board no put Barrow in temporary charge until they found an experienced manager, not give it to a near pensioner who could not make his mind up what he wanted, basically a ditherer once he said no that should of been it and an experienced manager sought not someone who was sacked from his last failed Job at a lower level a few yrs ago and managed a foot golf venture.

But you reporters won't question them over important issues just like the board blame the fans.

But I also agree personal abuse on the likes of Twitter or anywhere is not acceptable but that also works both ways.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th May 2019, 17.51:31   #62-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
You say they had to act as soon as Ricketts said he was going, fair point so why did the board no put Barrow in temporary charge until they found an experienced manager, not give it to a near pensioner who could not make his mind up what he wanted, basically a ditherer once he said no that should of been it and an experienced manager sought not someone who was sacked from his last failed Job at a lower level a few yrs ago and managed a foot golf venture.

But you reporters won't question them over important issues just like the board blame the fans.

But I also agree personal abuse on the likes of Twitter or anywhere is not acceptable but that also works both ways.
Posted via mobile theme
It was a simple comment piece about some of what was said on social media. I never suggested it was all or even most fans, but in the current climate felt it was a point worth making. People are free to disagree

I don’t know - I’m not on the board. I’m assuming at the time they felt under pressure because the season could easily have been de-railed by it all, they thihhht they were going to get Lawrence, only they know - but it wasn’t handled well and I said so.

I’ve not blamed fans anywhere. I wasn’t supportive of appointing Hughes.

My colleagues in sport cover the club so it’s not something I have a great deal to do with. I’ve only ever had cause to speak to directors on a handful of occasions. Once was John Mills in 2017 about the rumours that takeover and investment bids had been rejected, and he was very honest and open about what bids had been received and why nothing had done to fruition. I’m sure tha piece is still online somewhere.

As I’ve said, if people so animated about the mistakes or incompetence or ‘circus’ this season feel they or someone they know would do better, why notput yourselves forward.
Old 9th May 2019, 17.58:01   #63-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Morrell34, thanks for taking time to reply and explain.
I agree that abuse isnt called for but constructive criticism and questions should be encouraged because if handled correctly should help to improve things.

You dont say where criticism should be directed and its clear big mistakes were made in January yet no questions have been answered. As a balanced view an article on Januarys events and an explanation would be good.
In addition have they sorted the leak problem?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.06:33.