RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113922-manny-smith-contract-secret-what-else-they-hiding.html)

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 07.49:53

The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

As per the title. This deserves a thread of its own.

Shameful behaviour from the board.

I thought we were one team?

I'm sure the majority would have understood the bad luck of a player getting injured? If he's just signed a new contract that's just double bad luck for player and club. Makes no sense.

I don't get why this was kept from us and its shows what they are willing to do. That is even more worrying. So what else are they keeping from the "owners"?

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 9th May 2019 08.02:24

Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Graham barrow signing a new contract was kept from us also.
It’s clear the board aren’t as transparent as they make out to be. Pearson signed his contract months before it was announced. I believe Shaun and Manny signed there contracts at the same time

pagl 9th May 2019 08.02:55

Hey Phil. Hope your going to make a stand on this and get elected. Otherwise TT wont be happy. :)

krux 9th May 2019 08.12:06

The Bobby Grant situation too.

We were told that he signed to the end of the season with 'a view to extend', and not that the player had an option to extend.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 08.13:35

[QUOTE=pagl;2256632]Hey Phil. Hope your going to make a stand on this and get elected. Otherwise TT wont be happy. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes of course but I'm also not happy with the way brexit is being handled SO that must mean I'll have to try and become Prime Minister too.
Also an insurance company is pissing me around at the moment so I guess I'll have to try and become Chief Exec of them too.

Busy busy busy.

NedStarksGhost 9th May 2019 08.19:05

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256637]Yes of course but I'm also not happy with the way brexit is being handled SO that must mean I'll have to try and become Prime Minister too.
Also an insurance company is pissing me around at the moment so I guess I'll have to try and become Chief Exec of them too.

Busy busy busy.[/QUOTE]

I also hope you're going to put yourself in to be manager if you have anything negative to say about the team...

Quite worrying though that the club never announced this...

pagl 9th May 2019 08.20:23

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256637]Yes of course but I'm also not happy with the way brexit is being handled SO that must mean I'll have to try and become Prime Minister too.

Busy busy busy.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My Oncologist has missed a problem and now after months of nerve pain I need a new treatment. Seems I need to step in at Betwsi C. to sort them out. Always a fire to put out.

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 08.23:55

Is it possible that the contract extensions for Shaun and Manny weren't announced at the time to prevent every player knocking on the managers door demanding their contract be extended. Can imagine some players switching off if they felt they were undervalued.

krux 9th May 2019 08.26:51

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256640]Is it possible that the contract extensions for Shaun and Manny weren't announced at the time to prevent every player knocking on the managers door demanding their contract be extended. Can imagine some players switching off if they felt they were undervalued.[/QUOTE]

pearsons was announced.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 08.29:48

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256640]Is it possible that the contract extensions for Shaun and Manny weren't announced at the time to prevent every player knocking on the managers door demanding their contract be extended. Can imagine some players switching off if they felt they were undervalued.[/QUOTE]

No. As if the other players wouldn't have known. They do talk to each you know!

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 08.33:56

[QUOTE=krux;2256642]pearsons was announced.[/QUOTE]

As stated on here it was some time after he signed that it was announced

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 08.35:31

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256643]No. As if the other players wouldn't have known. They do talk to each you know![/QUOTE]

Both have been in the game a long time. They would know of the ramifications if announced and players became p****d off. It is plausible they both kept quiet

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 08.40:05

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256645]Both have been in the game a long time. They would know of the ramifications if announced and players became p****d off. It is plausible they both kept quiet[/QUOTE]

Players contract renewals are announced all the time, Pearson's was announced too. This isn't a valid reason I'm afraid.

krux 9th May 2019 08.44:12

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256644]As stated on here it was some time after he signed that it was announced[/QUOTE]

I believe thats true, however it was during the season, which Manny's wasn't.

EnglishRed 9th May 2019 09.08:06

My guess is that they were waiting till he recovered. Then when he relapsed and was out for the rest of the season they didn't want to announce a contract extension for a player who has a career threatening injury.

It's been bungled but at the time the contract was renewed it was what most people, if not all, wanted. Just shows that honesty is the best policy.

I hope Manny does recover and is fully fit for next season. Again reading in between the lines but I suspect that if he was going to be OK we wouldn't have offered contracts to both Tharme and Kennedy.

I expect the contract to be mutually terminated tbh.

pagl 9th May 2019 09.10:32

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256645]Both have been in the game a long time. They would know of the ramifications if announced and players became p****d off. It is plausible they both kept quiet[/QUOTE]

The board have said it so. We must believe the board, we are part of the collective. Assimilation is needed and we must think from the 1 mind and cannot upset the harmony :)

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 09.20:20

[QUOTE=pagl;2256654]The board have said it so. We must believe the board, we are part of the collective. Assimilation is needed and we must think from the 1 mind and cannot upset the harmony :)[/QUOTE]

What a load of crap. The possibilities I have given are my thoughts, the board being secretive are others opinions.

I don't know the actual but as others say this is a message board for fans to express their views. OR is it a message board on which we have to agree with the few who continually have a go at the Wrexham FC board, the WST board and fans who do see good in a lot of what is being done.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 09.30:27

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256660]What a load of crap. The possibilities I have given are my thoughts, the board being secretive are others opinions.

I don't know the actual but as others say this is a message board for fans to express their views. OR is it a message board on which we have to agree with the few who continually have a go at the Wrexham FC board, the WST board and fans who do see good in a lot of what is being done.[/QUOTE]

The board keeping secrets isn't up for debate, its fact. This isn't the only thing they kept from fans as has been pointed out on this thread.

A player signing a new deal isn't going to be a secret from their team mates. That's ridiculous. I think you are desperate to try and excuse the board for this and it shows when you get all defensive as you have done above. NO ONE has said you have to agree with anything. No one.

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th May 2019 09.41:20

I think there is a dead body under the pitch. Pass it on.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.07:09

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256666]I think there is a dead body under the pitch. Pass it on.[/QUOTE]

Fingers in ears this morning? Lets pretend this is normal and not a big deal. Easy to take the piss isn't it. Its also easy to sweep stuff like this under the carpet when in actual fact its extremely concerning.

My suggestions for next seasons hash tag; #rogueboard or #accountabletonoone or #weloveapathy or #apathykeepsusinpower

Ooh aah Paskin 9th May 2019 10.15:04

The problem with Manny's contract is when it was actually signed. If he signed it before he got injured (so pretty early on in the season) then why not announce it? Manny getting injured was bad luck and that can't be construed as the Board's fault in any way, it would just be unfortunate.

However, if Manny signed this contract AFTER he was injured possibly on the advice that a return to playing was forecast (in fact he did play but relapsed) then the issues arise. I still have no issue with them offering him an extension if, at the time, he was expected to fully recover and play a part even if this was after his injury. But it should have been announced.

Hindsight would show it was a possible mistake but injuries are weird things, no-one can really tell how they will heal.

IMO not announcing this at the time or even when Shaun's was announced makes it look like the Board are hiding something. They may have got a bit of stick over it given the current circumstances but failing to highlight it until the retained list smacks of a cover up.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to find out the contract was only just offered post Christmas!

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.15:54

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256661]The board keeping secrets isn't up for debate, its fact. This isn't the only thing they kept from fans as has been pointed out on this thread.

A player signing a new deal isn't going to be a secret from their team mates. That's ridiculous. I think you are desperate to try and excuse the board for this and it shows when you get all defensive as you have done above. NO ONE has said you have to agree with anything. No one.[/QUOTE]

You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.17:06

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256685]You have your views I have mine. Two senior pros who don't want to see teammates p****d off might keep quiet. As a matter of interest I'm not defending the board but just giving an alternative viewpoint - something which you continually react to when people question your views.

As you says many times its a message board to express individual views[/QUOTE]

Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.18:47

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256686]Surely though if you played with Pearson and Manny you would be pleased that they were staying? I don't get how them signing deals would piss others off?[/QUOTE]

Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.21:38

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256687]Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.[/QUOTE]

Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?

wrexham forever 9th May 2019 10.27:50

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256691]Like who?
How do you explain then that players sign contract extensions all the time during a season?[/QUOTE]

What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 10.32:45

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256692]What if Holroyd or Roberts had "insisted" on extensions to their contracts especially Roberts based on the fact he was part of the most successful back four we have had for a long time

Agree players sign extensions/improvements to their contracts throughout the season - are they all announced I don't know and in all honestly you don't either. Its interesting many people thought Lainton had an 18 month contract from January others thought he was still a loan player from Port Vale. I suppose in your eyes the board should be castigated for that.

On my way out now - look forward to reading more of your anti board/WST drivel later[/QUOTE]

You are one confused child aren't you. Bit late to go into school now. Tried to be civil but you had to resort to being a complete **** so I've lowered myself to your 'can't debate so I'll go on the attack level'.

KingBuxton_Forever red 9th May 2019 11.04:01

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2256679]Fingers in ears this morning? Lets pretend this is normal and not a big deal. Easy to take the piss isn't it. Its also easy to sweep stuff like this under the carpet when in actual fact its extremely concerning.

My suggestions for next seasons hash tag; #rogueboard or #accountabletonoone or #weloveapathy or #apathykeepsusinpower[/QUOTE]

There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 11.13:05

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2256701]There will be reasons behind it (much like the Lawrence Barrow situation) that will not only make sense but will come out in the wash. Like it or not, we cant be told every little details as soon as they happen, but we will in time I am sure.

"What else are they hiding"? Touch dramatic dont you think.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. No because this isn't the only information they have withheld from fans. Other examples mentioned on this thread.
So they've now demonstrated that they are prepared to withhold information from the "owners" to suit themselves and protect themselves, not the club.

Hardly fits in with their transparent claim does it?

It seems apathy has well and truly set in with some fans. If you try and hold them to account all you get is abuse and attacked or told to 'do something about it then' nonsense.

pagl 9th May 2019 11.18:03

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2256687]Simple really there are others who would have expected to have their contracts extended and I am sure we both agree some deserve it others don't.[/QUOTE]

The alternative view could be that better and more experienced players signing extensions could encourage others to consider staying.
Plus it was announced there was an extension option of a year for Grant but that wasnt hushed up. Same principal in that it could have pissed some players off who also wanted extensions.

The point being made is the info was being kept for the bad news days.
Barrows extension only announced after SR decided to leave.

Varying opinions are fine its the toe the party line that people question.

Answer Release 9th May 2019 11.18:47

With Pearson, Lawler and Smith now contracted and offers out to Kennedy and Tharme it would suggest to me that one of the currently contracted players is off or they're not expecting Tharme, Kennedy or both to sign.

Perhaps keeping the Smith contract quiet somehow relates to departures, i.e. Pearson.

LWR 9th May 2019 11.20:05

Its exactly this sort of situatuion that p1sses the fans off.

No reason whatsoever not to announce it.

Massive own goal. And simply disillusions people.

andy buckley 9th May 2019 11.24:57

[QUOTE=LWR;2256714]Its exactly this sort of situatuion that p1sses the fans off.

No reason whatsoever not to announce it.

Massive own goal. And simply disillusions people.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were staying off the main board lol

René Higuita 9th May 2019 11.29:20

how do people have faith in the board anymore, it's beyond belief.

fezbob 9th May 2019 11.45:47

I'm not sure it's part of some grand conspiracy or is even a huge deal in itself, but it is indicative of the way the club seeks to use information as currency.

Liverpool Red 9th May 2019 11.52:40

There'll be plenty that's gone on in the corridors of power. You only have to think back to the mysterious departures of Bircham, Horne and Law.

LWR 9th May 2019 12.03:52

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2256717]Thought you were staying off the main board lol[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe the shame I felt afterwards.

It was like eating a KFC or having a shufty over the mother in law.

Prodigal Dragon 9th May 2019 12.11:25

Unsure why the Board kept it quiet but their logic should be explained before 'cock-up' agin becomes a conspiracy.

Phils-an-alki 9th May 2019 12.19:00

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2256755]Unsure why the Board kept it quiet but their logic should be explained before 'cock-up' agin becomes a conspiracy.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with conspiracies whatsoever. Although I realise that word is used to try and discredit. They have withheld key information about players contracts, assistant contracts as two examples. Proof they are prepared to manipulate fans by releasing or not releasing information. Its perfectly reasonable I think to assume that they have used this tactic a lot.

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 9th May 2019 12.30:45

Sorry if I have missed this but how long is Manny contracted to us for? Just next season or longer?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.45:38.