RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Now entering my 20th Season... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113928-now-entering-my-20th-season.html)

davewilli 10th May 2019 17.24:56

Re: Now entering my 20th Season...

[QUOTE=OriginalRhylRed;2257069]This will be my 50th season[/QUOTE]

Snap - 69/70 was a great season with Eddie May leading us to promotion.

Red Light 10th May 2019 18.01:20

[QUOTE=davewilli;2257097]Snap - 69/70 was a great season with Eddie May leading us to promotion.[/QUOTE]

Double snap !

Just looked up my first match - suggest others do by logging onto Wrexham FC Programme archive - it's brilliant for bringing back memories and has cleared some things up that were puzzling me.

Monday 02 March 1970 in the 69 / 70 season when we finished runners up.
Remember watching the game from the Yale Stand upper section - don't think the stand had been in operation for long and was all shiny and new (well the seats were)

Wrexham 0 Lincoln City 0
Attendance 7,377

I do recall it was a night match but have treble checked and for some strange reason it was on a Monday night with a 7.15 pm kick off - do remember it was a bright sunny evening.

My first ever proper football match - I was bowled over by the crowd, the vivid green of the pitch but seeing a giant in a red shirt that looked twice as big as any other player and who must have come down the beanstalk to play for us even though his name wasn't Jack but the legendary one and only Eddie May.

Colomiers Phoenix 10th May 2019 18.32:24

Good shout for the link, it doesn't do any harm to remember happier times. Big thanks to the thread originator for starting something so inclusive that it defies trolling. - I hope

billybersham 10th May 2019 18.41:21

[QUOTE=Red Light;2257102]Double snap !

Just looked up my first match - suggest others do by logging onto Wrexham FC Programme archive - it's brilliant for bringing back memories and has cleared some things up that were puzzling me.

Monday 02 March 1970 in the 69 / 70 season when we finished runners up.
Remember watching the game from the Yale Stand upper section - don't think the stand had been in operation for long and was all shiny and new (well the seats were)

Wrexham 0 Lincoln City 0
Attendance 7,377

I do recall it was a night match but have treble checked and for some strange reason it was on a Monday night with a 7.15 pm kick off - do remember it was a bright sunny evening.

My first ever proper football match - I was bowled over by the crowd, the vivid green of the pitch but seeing a giant in a red shirt that looked twice as big as any other player and who must have come down the beanstalk to play for us even though his name wasn't Jack but the legendary one and only Eddie May.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic website which has helped many wrexham programme collectors,first game I think was the 76/77 mansfield defeat which cost us promotion.My dad always used to take me in the tech end I can remember many away fans,was the tech end used by both home and away.

Redpensioner 10th May 2019 19.00:45

60 years. My dad took me as an 8-year-old and my first game was against, wait for it, Barrow some things just never change.

rob_1072 10th May 2019 19.36:57

Started following the season we stayed up vs Boston on last game of the season, unfortunately that’s also the biggest success I’ve witnessed as a Wrexham fan.

redtilidie 10th May 2019 19.55:57

My first game was against Colchester in 61/62 season.We were promoted :hurray:

dagg 10th May 2019 20.13:07

Reg Holland and Ally McGowan were playing when I started to watch them.

Brinster 10th May 2019 20.28:31

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2257122]60 years. My dad took me as an 8-year-old and my first game was against, wait for it, Barrow some things just never change.[/QUOTE]

Barrow were the opposition for my first ever game. FA Cup tie November 1962 and we won 5-2. Got Liverpool in the next round.

Smitten ever since. Never have even considered having any "second" team to support either.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.01:28.