RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Now entering my 20th Season... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113928-now-entering-my-20th-season.html)

Rhosymedre Red 10th May 2019 20.43:44

Re: Now entering my 20th Season...

[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/454129154795955/?ref=group_header[/url]

Owain Glyndwr 10th May 2019 20.53:15

First game was in the late sixties, and I still love the club. I've got loads of happy memories.

RadioRed 10th May 2019 20.57:00

64 years for me.
September 1955 Hartlepool United, Lost 3-1. Seems like yesterday.

jonesfach 10th May 2019 21.21:32

38 and counting. My best moments came the other week when we played Eastlliegh - my youngest daughter got to our seats( she's 10 and has been about 5 times ) and said " god dad it's packed " and proceeded to get involved with almost every song/chant etc. The smile on my face - I honestly didn't really notice we lost....ok I did but the most important thing was I remember the grief we went through in the hard times and the effort and lengths that people went too. In those moments it all seemed worth it. We nearly got wiped from the map. Being able to see pleasure in those that weren't even born at the time...absolutely priceless.

stevewxm 10th May 2019 22.00:37

50 years for me, my three children are proud wxm fans, and my grandson is wxm mad, it’s a family thing as my wife has been supporting as long as me.
It’s in the blood and will never go away.

Quay Red 10th May 2019 22.45:08

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2257145]50 years for me, my three children are proud wxm fans, and my grandson is wxm mad, it’s a family thing as my wife has been supporting as long as me.
It’s in the blood and will never go away.[/QUOTE]

Around 60 from me. Seen some highs and lows at home and abroad.
Still a relative youngster compared to some who still post on here.
Feel sorry for the youngsters who have only seen us down in the conference but hopefully their time to celebrate won't be far off.

pagl 11th May 2019 01.49:37

54 years since I stood in the Tech End with my dad for my first game.
He then took me to Wxm then bin dippers for alternate games but there was only 1 winner for a young welsh lad. At 12 years old a group of us got the train each game and at 14 we were having a beer in the Caernarvon Castle each game.

Lots of away travel memories over the years some of them as mad as you can get.
West Ham in 81 I think travelling there on the motorbike. Cardiff and the game got postponed and we were snowed in overnight. Forest NY Day and postponed until next day because of fog so a night on the piss. Now were reduced to Boreham Wood and 600 fans if were lucky.

jackoboy17 11th May 2019 05.19:12

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2257143]38 and counting. My best moments came the other week when we played Eastlliegh - my youngest daughter got to our seats( [B]she's 10 and has been about 5 times [/B]) and said " god dad it's packed " and proceeded to get involved with almost every song/chant etc. The smile on my face - I honestly didn't really notice we lost....ok I did but the most important thing was I remember the grief we went through in the hard times and the effort and lengths that people went too. In those moments it all seemed worth it. We nearly got wiped from the map. Being able to see pleasure in those that weren't even born at the time...absolutely priceless.[/QUOTE]

Typical woman
My wifes been 21 about 10 times

redavid 11th May 2019 06.08:09

[QUOTE=Legends of '78;2257014]as a Wrexham fan.

In that time I have seen us:-

-Win Promotion Once
-Get Relegated three times
-Win LDV Trophy in Cardiff
-Get to Wembley three times (and lose twice)
-Stay in this ugly league for 11 years
-Almost go out of business before being taken over by the Fans
-See my favourite stand being left to rot
-Get called sheeps*****r more times than you can count

I guess what I'm trying to say is...thanks for the memories.[/QUOTE]

Never Mind Mate could be worse I can more than treble your time as a fan
So spare a thought for others Eh :(

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.09:07.