RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wembley - The Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113939-wembley-board.html)

standman 13th May 2019 16.56:27

Re: Wembley - The Board

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2257745]So you're proposing we do due dilligence at quite some cost to ourselves into an imaginary investor, against the vote of the members of the WST, to find someone that is willing to pump money into the club with no return and no assets?[/QUOTE]

Why have the Wst and very few of the members of which voted put in place a policy making it difficult for any possible investor, if as you say we have no assets. I am a member of the WST just don’t stand the reasoning for doing this if we have no assets to gain.

benwilliams 13th May 2019 18.19:21

LWR sums up my views as well. The noise about fan ownership being dead and attracting mythical investors is detracting from a valid debate about holding decision makers to account without overhauling the entire model.

hallyy 13th May 2019 18.33:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2257723]Having a club board that is accountable might be a good start...[/QUOTE]

They are accountable though... only to themselves though

redinsaudi 13th May 2019 18.45:15

I find it incredible that Spencer and co have spent actual money we have invested into this club via WST, Tickets, Merchandise, build the budget etc and chucked it away on terrible and knee jerk business choices. Whats even worse is their silence. Thats why I wont put a penny more into the club while that egotistical oxygen thief is at the helm.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 18.55:58

SH appears to get a regular kicking on here but how are key decisions arrived at by the board?

Redpensioner 13th May 2019 19.20:10

I think there was more at the Racecourse boxing day than at Wembley. That's how depressing things are going. These lesser known clubs are leaving us standing in this basement league. The way we are being run is not working there has to be a change in personnel at the top. 12 years in this poxy league proves it.

Huffy 13th May 2019 20.18:11

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2257786]LWR sums up my views as well. The noise about fan ownership being dead and attracting mythical investors is detracting from a valid debate about holding decision makers to account without overhauling the entire model.[/QUOTE]

Yes ,thats pretty much it for me too

richard1 13th May 2019 20.23:31

The general pattern when the bigger clubs are relegated into this poxy league is that it takes a few seasons, generally 1-5 years to sort the club admin, new manager(s) and decent players. We have wasted 11 years and are now becoming the laughing stock of this league in the fact that we CANNOT sort ourselves out. We cannot afford to live in the past and the whole set up has to become more streetwise and stop bemoaning our bad luck when clubs like Crawley, Fleetwood and Salford wave good bye to us. There are actually 2 promotion places in this league. So lets adopt the Wimbledon model and sort it out at the top and then we will get to the promised land. The current Wrexham model is not working and is outdated.

138+NotOut 13th May 2019 20.25:19

[QUOTE=LWR;2257719]That sums it up for me.

Its not fan ownership that is our downfall. We've had 2 really good oppotunities to win the league the last 2 years.

There have just been some real bone head decisions that have held us back. That is not an ownership issue, more a leadership/ personnel issue.

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.[/QUOTE]

Yes so true.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.34:15.