RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wembley - The Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113939-wembley-board.html)

shinner 13th May 2019 14.08:17

Wembley - The Board

With the huge crowd yesterday at Wembley, l
personally think we would have doubled that on our
own .
A new approach after 11 years in this awful league is
needed . With due diligence l would be looking for an
investment
into the club , the potential is there to see. The
potential for league one football and l believe crowds of
8000 plus . Do the diligence and get some investment if it is in any way possible...

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 14.14:49

Re: Wembley - The Board

[QUOTE=shinner;2257705]With the huge crowd yesterday at Wembley, l
personally think we would have doubled that on our
own .
A new approach after 11 years in this awful league is
needed . With due diligence l would be looking for an
investment
into the club , the potential is there to see. The
potential for league one football and l believe crowds of
8000 plus . Do the diligence and get some investment if it is in any way possible...[/QUOTE]

How can you do due diligence if you don’t know who is “investing”?

Don’t people need to make themselves known?

Wxm boy 13th May 2019 14.24:35

We can't magic investment out of nowhere. If nobody is about, we need to crack on.

The club is actually very well run, on the non footballing side.

If we stopped making brain-dead decisions, particularly about managers, we would probably be a league club now.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LWR 13th May 2019 14.29:45

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2257716]We can't magic investment out of nowhere. If nobody is about, we need to crack on.

The club is actually very well run, on the non footballing side.

If we stopped making brain-dead decisions, particularly about managers, we would probably be a league club now.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That sums it up for me.

Its not fan ownership that is our downfall. We've had 2 really good oppotunities to win the league the last 2 years.

There have just been some real bone head decisions that have held us back. That is not an ownership issue, more a leadership/ personnel issue.

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.

Phils-an-alki 13th May 2019 14.36:53

Having a club board that is accountable might be a good start...

Hawarden Red10 13th May 2019 14.43:09

[QUOTE=LWR;2257719]That sums it up for me.

Its not fan ownership that is our downfall. We've had 2 really good oppotunities to win the league the last 2 years.

There have just been some real bone head decisions that have held us back. That is not an ownership issue, more a leadership/ personnel issue.

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.[/QUOTE]

Very good post which has reflected my feelings for some time.

LlayDragon 13th May 2019 14.57:24

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I don't see the ownership model as an issue, decisions from the top have hamstrung us. We seem to have a board as aloof as we've ever had, who seek to keep the fanbase in line by drip feeding/spinning good news when they feel thing are against them.

Fan ownership and the board are separate issues.

Haruki 13th May 2019 15.06:58

Agree with the above posts. Fan Ownership is good but the current board is stale, not learning from their mistakes and not held accountable for those mistakes.

I would like to see a continuation of Fan Ownership but with some form of change to the system where by we are able to change/elect/veto board members directly.

John Neals Dynasty 13th May 2019 15.12:17

POST OF THE SEASON... My and many others thoughts on our arrogant board.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

northwalian dragon 13th May 2019 15.51:04

So you're proposing we do due dilligence at quite some cost to ourselves into an imaginary investor, against the vote of the members of the WST, to find someone that is willing to pump money into the club with no return and no assets?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.47:49.