RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wembley - The Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113939-wembley-board.html)

shinner 13th May 2019 14.08:17

Wembley - The Board

With the huge crowd yesterday at Wembley, l
personally think we would have doubled that on our
own .
A new approach after 11 years in this awful league is
needed . With due diligence l would be looking for an
investment
into the club , the potential is there to see. The
potential for league one football and l believe crowds of
8000 plus . Do the diligence and get some investment if it is in any way possible...

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 14.14:49

Re: Wembley - The Board

[QUOTE=shinner;2257705]With the huge crowd yesterday at Wembley, l
personally think we would have doubled that on our
own .
A new approach after 11 years in this awful league is
needed . With due diligence l would be looking for an
investment
into the club , the potential is there to see. The
potential for league one football and l believe crowds of
8000 plus . Do the diligence and get some investment if it is in any way possible...[/QUOTE]

How can you do due diligence if you don’t know who is “investing”?

Don’t people need to make themselves known?

Wxm boy 13th May 2019 14.24:35

We can't magic investment out of nowhere. If nobody is about, we need to crack on.

The club is actually very well run, on the non footballing side.

If we stopped making brain-dead decisions, particularly about managers, we would probably be a league club now.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LWR 13th May 2019 14.29:45

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2257716]We can't magic investment out of nowhere. If nobody is about, we need to crack on.

The club is actually very well run, on the non footballing side.

If we stopped making brain-dead decisions, particularly about managers, we would probably be a league club now.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That sums it up for me.

Its not fan ownership that is our downfall. We've had 2 really good oppotunities to win the league the last 2 years.

There have just been some real bone head decisions that have held us back. That is not an ownership issue, more a leadership/ personnel issue.

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.

Phils-an-alki 13th May 2019 14.36:53

Having a club board that is accountable might be a good start...

Hawarden Red10 13th May 2019 14.43:09

[QUOTE=LWR;2257719]That sums it up for me.

Its not fan ownership that is our downfall. We've had 2 really good oppotunities to win the league the last 2 years.

There have just been some real bone head decisions that have held us back. That is not an ownership issue, more a leadership/ personnel issue.

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.[/QUOTE]

Very good post which has reflected my feelings for some time.

LlayDragon 13th May 2019 14.57:24

Mistakes will happen so I'm not trying to dig anyone out. However its important when mistakes are made to hold your hands up, and learn from them. The lack of acceptance and culpability of those mistakes is what worries me.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I don't see the ownership model as an issue, decisions from the top have hamstrung us. We seem to have a board as aloof as we've ever had, who seek to keep the fanbase in line by drip feeding/spinning good news when they feel thing are against them.

Fan ownership and the board are separate issues.

Haruki 13th May 2019 15.06:58

Agree with the above posts. Fan Ownership is good but the current board is stale, not learning from their mistakes and not held accountable for those mistakes.

I would like to see a continuation of Fan Ownership but with some form of change to the system where by we are able to change/elect/veto board members directly.

John Neals Dynasty 13th May 2019 15.12:17

POST OF THE SEASON... My and many others thoughts on our arrogant board.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

northwalian dragon 13th May 2019 15.51:04

So you're proposing we do due dilligence at quite some cost to ourselves into an imaginary investor, against the vote of the members of the WST, to find someone that is willing to pump money into the club with no return and no assets?

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 16.01:31

You wonder if there are any share issues which could yield a decent bit of capital?

pagl 13th May 2019 16.08:50

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257746]You wonder if there are any share issues which could yield a decent bit of capital?[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt buy a share with the current football board structure.

What would the share money do - just be put into the seasons budget?
This season we wasted £200k in January, would anyone trust the club with any further extra money?
There is no strategy or plan, does anyone really believe the current decision makers can actually make a difference.

There is no credible figurehead at the club and there is no-one I can see that would fulfil that position.

chef1 13th May 2019 16.16:51

If fan ownership is here to stay the ones on the board need changing

OneLoveWrexham 13th May 2019 16.18:00

[QUOTE=pagl;2257748]I wouldnt buy a share with the current football board structure.

This season we wasted £200k in January, would anyone trust the club with any further extra money?
There is no strategy or plan, does anyone really believe the current decision makers can actually make a difference.

There is no credible figurehead at the club and there is no-one I can see that would fulfil that position.[/QUOTE]
Also chuck in the Barrow and Newell debacle which would of cost the club money regardless of what anyone says, I wouldn’t trust the board to run a bath.

Wirral Red 13th May 2019 16.20:31

[QUOTE=pagl;2257748]I wouldnt buy a share with the current football board structure.

You don't know this as a fact yet you keep repeating it.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 16.21:52

There is no credible figurehead at the club and there is no-one I can see that would fulfil that position.[/QUOTE]

Cmon pagl. Look forward man

pagl 13th May 2019 16.32:50

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2257755][QUOTE=pagl;2257748]I wouldnt buy a share with the current football board structure.

You don't know this as a fact yet you keep repeating it.[/QUOTE]

Blah blah. It has been explained more than once. Figures will only be available when the accounts are published. You obviously dont believe the figures from Rickets or Spencer so carry on in your bubble for the moment.
I would bet it was more than £200k.

pagl 13th May 2019 16.36:59

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257756]Cmon pagl. Look forward man[/QUOTE]

Going forward I think they are genuine questions. Just as an outside investor has to provide answers. If WAFC sold 100,000 shares at say £10 each then how would they spend the money? Extra £200k into the budget for 5 years or what?

Having a strategy and plan is looking forward.

standman 13th May 2019 16.56:27

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2257745]So you're proposing we do due dilligence at quite some cost to ourselves into an imaginary investor, against the vote of the members of the WST, to find someone that is willing to pump money into the club with no return and no assets?[/QUOTE]

Why have the Wst and very few of the members of which voted put in place a policy making it difficult for any possible investor, if as you say we have no assets. I am a member of the WST just don’t stand the reasoning for doing this if we have no assets to gain.

benwilliams 13th May 2019 18.19:21

LWR sums up my views as well. The noise about fan ownership being dead and attracting mythical investors is detracting from a valid debate about holding decision makers to account without overhauling the entire model.

hallyy 13th May 2019 18.33:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2257723]Having a club board that is accountable might be a good start...[/QUOTE]

They are accountable though... only to themselves though

redinsaudi 13th May 2019 18.45:15

I find it incredible that Spencer and co have spent actual money we have invested into this club via WST, Tickets, Merchandise, build the budget etc and chucked it away on terrible and knee jerk business choices. Whats even worse is their silence. Thats why I wont put a penny more into the club while that egotistical oxygen thief is at the helm.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 18.55:58

SH appears to get a regular kicking on here but how are key decisions arrived at by the board?

Redpensioner 13th May 2019 19.20:10

I think there was more at the Racecourse boxing day than at Wembley. That's how depressing things are going. These lesser known clubs are leaving us standing in this basement league. The way we are being run is not working there has to be a change in personnel at the top. 12 years in this poxy league proves it.

Huffy 13th May 2019 20.18:11

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2257786]LWR sums up my views as well. The noise about fan ownership being dead and attracting mythical investors is detracting from a valid debate about holding decision makers to account without overhauling the entire model.[/QUOTE]

Yes ,thats pretty much it for me too

richard1 13th May 2019 20.23:31

The general pattern when the bigger clubs are relegated into this poxy league is that it takes a few seasons, generally 1-5 years to sort the club admin, new manager(s) and decent players. We have wasted 11 years and are now becoming the laughing stock of this league in the fact that we CANNOT sort ourselves out. We cannot afford to live in the past and the whole set up has to become more streetwise and stop bemoaning our bad luck when clubs like Crawley, Fleetwood and Salford wave good bye to us. There are actually 2 promotion places in this league. So lets adopt the Wimbledon model and sort it out at the top and then we will get to the promised land. The current Wrexham model is not working and is outdated.

138+NotOut 13th May 2019 20.25:19

Yes so true.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 20.27:33

Out of interest, who is living in the past? I’m hearing it a fair bit but who’s it aimed at?

pagl 13th May 2019 20.40:38

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257831]Out of interest, who is living in the past? I’m hearing it a fair bit but who’s it aimed at?[/QUOTE]

I would say 2 parts. Fear of the past and still believing we are a big club.

However for me its about not planning for the future. You know the thoughts on this. A select few people managing week to week as they cannot share any responsibility with others. Disparity between the 2 boards and so it goes.

At some point we need to move forward and I dont mean the fans and their tremendous support.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 20.54:35

[QUOTE=pagl;2257836]I would say 2 parts. Fear of the past and still believing we are a big club.

However for me its about not planning for the future. You know the thoughts on this. A select few people managing week to week as they cannot share any responsibility with others. Disparity between the 2 boards and so it goes.

At some point we need to move forward and I dont mean the fans and their tremendous support.[/QUOTE]

Sorry pagl, I meant with reference to our history as a long-standing league club and not the past re: Hamilton, Moss et al.

wafc1926 13th May 2019 21.12:10

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257831]Out of interest, who is living in the past? I’m hearing it a fair bit but who’s it aimed at?[/QUOTE]
Saw your reply to pagl but don't understand your question or context. Sorry if I'm being thick! Happy to offer a point of view once I understand.

Alan Attack 13th May 2019 21.28:24

I read a fair bit on here about how our past is holding us back. Being a “big” club at this level but who’s actually saying that?

Birdy 13th May 2019 21.52:50

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257746]You wonder if there are any share issues which could yield a decent bit of capital?[/QUOTE]

So the board can spunk it away with their brain dead decisions :freak:

wafc1926 13th May 2019 21.54:16

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2257849]I read a fair bit on here about how our past is holding us back. Being a “big” club at this level but who’s actually saying that?[/QUOTE]
Right. My views:-
1 We are a Club with a great past which should be recognised and celebrated.
2 Our fans are fantastic and we should be proud , and appreciative , of the support we get.
3 We are leaders re catering for Disabled Supporters and our efforts re Junior Dragons and other initatives are superb.
4 We CAN reclaim our League status ....and possibly our former position as Wales Number 1 club ...with everyone working together . Artificial divisions are unhelpful and unwelcome.

138+NotOut 13th May 2019 22.11:43

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2257861]Right. My views:-
1 We are a Club with a great past which should be recognised and celebrated.
2 Our fans are fantastic and we should be proud , and appreciative , of the support we get.
3 We are leaders re catering for Disabled Supporters and our efforts re Junior Dragons and other initatives are superb.
4 We CAN reclaim our League status ....and possibly our former position as Wales Number 1 club ...with everyone working together . Artificial divisions are unhelpful and unwelcome.[/QUOTE]

All of this is irrelevant imo until we go up. Focus should be solely on making sure we've got a team good enough to win more games than the others

pagl 14th May 2019 03.58:53

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2257867]All of this is irrelevant imo until we go up. Focus should be solely on making sure we've got a team good enough to win more games than the others[/QUOTE]

As a simplistic view yes totally agree. However there are some basics and fundamentals that could be done that would help with this and at the same time build towards a possible promotion.

paddockgraham 17th May 2019 03.36:12

We are still waiting then for the mystery invisible investor to come forward out of the shadows with his millions to throw away on a club he has no connection to, is mystic meg still around so we can ask her to send the due diligence forms via her crystal ball

Zipper 17th May 2019 07.16:31

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2257815]I think there was more at the Racecourse boxing day than at Wembley. That's how depressing things are going. These lesser known clubs are leaving us standing in this basement league. The way we are being run is not working there has to be a change in personnel at the top. 12 years in this poxy league proves it.[/QUOTE]

Did not notice that That final should have been held at Gresford

Quay Red 17th May 2019 09.08:09

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2257815]I think there was more at the Racecourse boxing day than at Wembley. That's how depressing things are going. These lesser known clubs are leaving us standing in this basement league. The way we are being run is not working there has to be a change in personnel at the top. 12 years in this poxy league proves it.[/QUOTE]

You can change the personnel at the top a dozen times. It doesn't alter the fact that we have to self fund. We can only spend what we earn. No sugar daddy.

There is little wrong in the way we are being run. Pretty much the same way as in our most successful seasons (historically) The real disasters were Hamilton (who wasn't worth much) and Moss who basically cleaned us out.
More than happy to welcome a benevolent "investor" to boost the coffers, he could even have a seat on the board to see where his money was going.

Haruki 17th May 2019 10.13:10

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2258710]You can change the personnel at the top a dozen times. It doesn't alter the fact that we have to self fund. We can only spend what we earn. No sugar daddy.

There is little wrong in the way we are being run. Pretty much the same way as in our most successful seasons (historically) The real disasters were Hamilton (who wasn't worth much) and Moss who basically cleaned us out.
More than happy to welcome a benevolent "investor" to boost the coffers, he could even have a seat on the board to see where his money was going.[/QUOTE]

Quay red please answer these questions

1) Do you believe that within our fan base there is no one better than current incumbents to serve on the board?
2) Do you believe that there is no one within our entire fan base who could be co-opted onto the board and improve it
3) Do you think the current board are learning from their mistakes?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.44:17.