RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113940-colliers-park-gresford-faw-training-ground.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 20th May 2019 08.23:26

Re: Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground

IMO progress has been made in terms of position and performance over the last two or three seasons.

However, in the last two seasons we have had a fantastic chance of getting promotion and in both cases (although hindsight is a wonderful thing) we ended up being hamstrung by poor decisions at board level.

Its hard to criticise too much as everyone makes mistakes. But it just seems that this board don't learn from them.

I am not calling for resignations before anyone jumps in, just some evolution at the higher levels. It appears we have space on the the board for co-opting members. Could we not try and appoint people with experience in decision making in football?

138+NotOut 20th May 2019 23.08:31

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2259237]IMO progress has been made in terms of position and performance over the last two or three seasons.

However, in the last two seasons we have had a fantastic chance of getting promotion and in both cases (although hindsight is a wonderful thing) we ended up being hamstrung by poor decisions at board level.

Its hard to criticise too much as everyone makes mistakes. But it just seems that this board don't learn from them.

I am not calling for resignations before anyone jumps in, just some evolution at the higher levels. It appears we have space on the the board for co-opting members. Could we not try and appoint people with experience in decision making in football?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Still not apologized for lying and hiding information from the club owners! Scandalous

pagl 21st May 2019 01.56:15

[QUOTE=davewilli;2259223]Every January is over-hyped on here, by then the 'die is cast', the season has taken shaped and only very rarely do teams massively improve and generally the leading pack in January are still the leading pack come April. If a team is going well them it is more about bringing in extra resources to maintain that challenge.[/QUOTE]

I think the value of January is completely missed on here and by the board.
They knew this time that quality was needed and therefore backed a bid for Rowe that was a total joke and showed how out of touch they were with the situation. It was a token gesture to appease the fans.
What followed was then calamity.

Paying off Grants get out fee, a bid for an average forward and a waste of money. Add on some loans etc. and desperation based on the manager leaving well and truly took hold. Another batch of players all on the fringes.

Appoint BH on 3 & 1/2 years and then top up more disastrous loans.

Over-hyped, well fk me I could have picked 2 players from NL north that would have been better.

Alan Attack 21st May 2019 05.17:21

[QUOTE=pagl;2259398]I think the value of January is completely missed on here and by the board.
They knew this time that quality was needed and therefore backed a bid for Rowe that was a total joke and showed how out of touch they were with the situation. It was a token gesture to appease the fans.
What followed was then calamity.

Paying off Grants get out fee, a bid for an average forward and a waste of money. Add on some loans etc. and desperation based on the manager leaving well and truly took hold. Another batch of players all on the fringes.

Appoint BH on 3 & 1/2 years and then top up more disastrous loans.

[B]Over-hyped, well fk me I could have picked 2 players from NL north that would have been better[/B].[/QUOTE]

Tell us something we don’t know!

Prodigal Dragon 21st May 2019 06.46:31

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2259395]Correct. Still not apologized for lying and hiding information from the club owners! Scandalous[/QUOTE]

In your opinion, who is/are the owners of WREXHAM AFC who were kept in the dark by the Board?

Phils-an-alki 21st May 2019 08.06:47

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2259404]In your opinion, who is/are the owners of WREXHAM AFC who were kept in the dark by the Board?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.

pagl 21st May 2019 09.50:30

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2259404]In your opinion, who is/are the owners of WREXHAM AFC who were kept in the dark by the Board?[/QUOTE]

You, me, Phil, JND, moyn et al.
However the secrets from WST board were worse.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 21st May 2019 10.02:15

I'm thinking next season could be a defining season for Wrexham FC..Another glaring miss on promotion, like we've just had, could well be too much for this Board to survive...
Feelings towards them are still running high, and although the Summer months will calm things down, I know quite a few people, In my own little micro world, who will be on short fuses next season...

Prodigal Dragon 21st May 2019 10.03:38

[QUOTE=pagl;2259433]You, me, Phil, JND, moyn et al.
However the secrets from WST board were worse.[/QUOTE]

Are we the owners of Wrexham AFC? Is the single share not owned by the WST, who represent those fans who are WST members?

Furthermore, how do non-WST members ‘own’ the club?

To my knowledge there are no private shareholders in the club. They all lost their rights many moons ago, and without compensation.

138+NotOut means fans weren’t informed accurately and in a timely way. Whether we should expect such compliance is a separate matter.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.07:06.